Anyone else disappointed by the lack of PS5 trophy stacks?

Platinum_Vice

1 hour ago, ZJW44 said:

Where did you get this idea that the PS Plus collection on PS5 is only for November? It’s an ongoing thing that’s not going away and they’ll probably even add more games to it. You really thought they were giving away 20+ games in a single month as part of the regular PS Plus free stuff and locking it behind having to get a PS5 during launch when it’s been near impossible for most people to get one? There’s a reason you can add Bugsnax to your library but none of the others you’re talking about. Wow the thought process of some people on here...

Yeah it's almost as like Sony wants people to buy the console on day 1 ? strange thought process on that one...

It has literally been advertised in conjunction with November 2020's PS Plus games. Last time I checked it was normal for PS Plus games to last for one month >90% of the time.

Btw... Why so much snarky comments guys? This thread isn't defamatory or offensive. It's not until literally today that I've felt such negativity on this site in general. If I've contributed to you guys seeing negativity, then I apologise, but get off my bloody back and consider informing/educating people when they appear to clearly not know the exact details of something... jeez!

Edited by GonzoWARgasm
And after checking the rest of the comments in this thread, I'm not sure that too many people here were under the impression that the Collection would last longer than one month based on the wording of their replies. There's no way I was alone here.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Yeah it's almost as like Sony wants people to buy the console on day 1 1f914.png strange thought process on that one...

It has literally been advertised in conjunction with November 2020's PS Plus games. Last time I checked it was normal for PS Plus games to last for one month >90% of the time.

Btw... Why so much snarky comments guys? This thread isn't defamatory or offensive. It's not until literally today that I've felt such negativity on this site in general. If I've contributed to you guys seeing negativity, then I apologise, but get off my bloody back and consider informing/educating people when they appear to clearly not know the exact details of something... jeez!

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/amp/

About halfway down, it gives some detail about the collection.  To me, it sounds like a free, but smaller, version of xbox game pass?  You get to keep access as long as you're a psplus member

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/28/playstation-plus-collection-details-revealed-your-november-playstation-plus-games/amp/

About halfway down, it gives some detail about the collection.  To me, it sounds like a free, but smaller, version of xbox game pass?  You get to keep access as long as you're a psplus member

Yeah I'm getting that impression now too. That sounds really good. Glad to feel eligible again :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ_-_808 said:

To me, it sounds like a free, but smaller, version of xbox game pass?

i highly doubt that this is ongoing. there no news about that they will add new game in the future.

considering its PS5 exclusive offer, i think its just extra benefit for PS5 starters for those who dont have PS4 backlog

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Honestly doing most of these games once is enough. 

Damn straight. While there have been a small number of AAA games I’ve played to Platinum more than once they are few and far between, and it’s usually PS3 games remastered for PS4. It’s just too time consuming to replay AAA games just to stack trophies or whatever. Sure, I’ve stacked some “easy” games that were available on Vita and PS3/4 but when it comes to AAA ones that suck up 50+ hours I’m not going to do that “just to get a Platinum” unless I really liked the game so much that I’d want to play it again from scratch.

One of the few same-system AAA games I’ve bothered to replay is Shadow of Mordor because I really liked the game so when the GOTY went on sale for $5 I picked it up, but I also had a 6 year break between playthroughs...

• Like 1

Yeah sure why play new games for new generation if you can go with games I already played to get a digital trophy stack again, I'm so upset! 

They never told what you are asking for and I actually I'm pretty happy and impressed (even I don't have the console yet) with the good number of launch games the console is comming also there are games with two version upgrade so that's cool if you want to.

Last thing the PS Plus thing is amazing for almost all player you have to remember not all players are trophy hunter/completionist etc etc.... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GonzoWARgasm said:

Yeah it's almost as like Sony wants people to buy the console on day 1 1f914.png strange thought process on that one...

Well Sony has clearly marketed what the PS Plus collection is going to be. You’re the one who assumed what it was and started complaining about it without actually looking into information on the subject. That’s called being ignorant...

And yeah I am a little snarky. Hearing about stacking gets tiresome because it’s such a silly concept. Why do different regions and different consoles need separate lists if there’s no additional content and nothing is changed? You shouldn’t need a trophy incentive to replay a game you enjoy. 

• Like 3

With the Playstation Plus Collection games at least, yeah, I was actually really hoping for it.  The thought of it actually hadn't even occurred to me until someone on this site said that it was what they were thinking that it was, I was assuming that they were what they've ended up being, free digital copies of PS4 games, and when I was introduced to the idea of them having their own separate trophy lists, I must say that I got very excited; excited for this collection of games in a way that I wasn't already, primarily because I already owned 17 of the games that were announced.  Working towards getting the Platinum trophy with The Last of Us for a third time, going for it again in Days Gone, Fallout 4, Uncharted 4, and others.....that would have been a real treat for me.

Yes, replaying a good game is its own reward, but I also really like going for trophies.

Edited by Cherrywood
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So for me I am of a pretty mixed opinion on the entire topic.

I love to Trophy Hunt BUT I will only hunt games that I really like, I am not one of these people that makes an account for gaming and an account for hunting, don't have the time or patience for something like that personally.

I personally don't like the whole stackable trophies system, honestly I think it really takes away from the leaderboards and peoples rankings like someone could be all like HECK YEAH I HAVE 100 PLATS but that could in reality be like 25 unique games that have been stacked multiple times or something like that, and they would see themselves as better than someone who may only have 50 or less platinum trophies where each of theirs is a unique title. Now if it is a complete Remake or Remaster of a game I am a little more lenient on my opinion of that but even then unless its a literal remake with new content/features I still would prefer that the trophy lists were merged and synced rather than stackable (this also includes different region trophy lists)

Now one thing that I will say is the thing that I don't like about Trophy hunting is that with some people they won't replay a game unless there is an incentive via Trophies, for me I am always a Gamer first, my incentive to replay a game is "Hey you know what I really enjoyed this game, I would like to relive the experience again and just have some fun" I think that Trophy hunting has ruined the replay ability factor of a game (unless there are stackable trophy lists, trophies that require multiple playthroughs etc.) 

That is my personal opinion on the whole thing, I am glad that Sony gave us this new collection for Early PS5 adapters to have a nice collection to keep themselves going while they wait for further titles to be released during the upcoming year. I enjoy being a Trophy hunter but I just think that we should all be gamers first, I am aware some people will agree and disagree and I am perfectly happy to respond to any thoughts and opinions that people have on the matter.

• Like 3

I don’t mind stacks, but don’t like auto pops. In part because I can’t resist them (I have two auto pops on sound Shapes and one on No man’s Sky). If someone achieves the same plat twice as they love a game, they’ve fairly got that plat twice. Me auto popping another plat in a second is tempting and shouldn’t really be a thing.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 16/12/2020 at 0:05 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

I don’t mind stacks, but don’t like auto pops. In part because I can’t resist them (I have two auto pops on sound Shapes and one on No man’s Sky). If someone achieves the same plat twice as they love a game, they’ve fairly got that plat twice. Me auto popping another plat in a second is tempting and shouldn’t really be a thing.

Completely agree @thefourfoldroot if I ever intend to get one of those "auto pop" games I am just going to start from scratch and earn the plat all over again the proper way.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 11:36 AM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

A second list for Dead by Daylight is going to take me the entire PS5 generation to get it done. That's enough for me.

These mad men did it in three weeks:

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/11765-dead-by-daylight

Getting the trophies/achievements done in the non-Steam versions will forever be easy for the fact you can just turn off cross-play so you can easily boost with people on the same platform.

Don't forget PS4 progress carries over so having fully kitted out characters also makes things infinitely easier.

On 15/11/2020 at 7:07 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

No, I prefer every game just having one list.

This.

Recently got burned with Sherlock Holmes crime and punishments. I originally played this in Psnow on PS4, didn’t get round to platting it in time and it was removed. 

Then I saw it on sale on the store for around £6, bargain I thought. Nah it was a different stack for exactly the same game.

I then had to buy the ps3 disc to be able to plat the original list. All in all that game set me back £20 ?

You ever go to Chuck-e-cheese as a kid and play specific games cause you can get more tickets that way to turn in for goodie toys and stuff?

I'm more disappointed earning trophies starting with PS5 don't have a ticket (point system) to turn in for goodies, like unique avatars or themes, or whatever digital shit they could come up with.