Can PS5 trophies be unlocked offline?

VoidVictorious

5 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

So you can earn all trophies just like the PS4 offline and you have had no issues with time stamps being out of order, etc.?

That is correct, as I said above. There might be some games with some issue out there, but those would be exceptions, not the norm. 

• 5 months later...
5 minutes ago, Fragpuss said:

How? Because i have a ps5 and can't view any trophies while offline at all

I've just done it. You go to your profile (icon next to the settings icon) and click the trophy tab.

As previously stated, it shows all trophies that were last synced to the server.

5 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I've just done it. You go to your profile (icon next to the settings icon) and click the trophy tab.

As previously stated, it shows all trophies that were last synced to the server.

No it doesn't because if you go to the trophy tab while offline it just shows the info screen telling you how to earn trophies. Around the world (it seems not America though) PSN is currently down so offline mode is all that's available and you can't view trophies

EDIT

PSN is back up now but i'd still like to know for another time

Edited by Fragpuss
new info

Just now, Fragpuss said:

No it doesn't because if you go to the trophy tab while offline it just shows the info screen telling you how to earn trophies. Around the world (it seems not America though) PSN is currently down so offline mode is all that's available and you can't view trophies

I mean I literally just did it.

PSN isn't down for me either, I've just got off playing BFV and I'm currently browsing in the store. I'm in the UK

Sounds like you checked just as it came back online, though not everyone in the UK was affected but a lot were, even people in New Zealand were affected. It's all back now though but yeah i couldn't view any trophies while it was down

I've had an issue where I earned trophies last night on The Messenger while PSN was down. Now it's back up, I've got the screenshots in Media Gallery but in trophies it doesn't have them registered as unlocked. I've restarted the console and game, neither of which has unlocked the trophies again for me.

13 minutes ago, TCJGforce128 said:

I've had an issue where I earned trophies last night on The Messenger while PSN was down. Now it's back up, I've got the screenshots in Media Gallery but in trophies it doesn't have them registered as unlocked. I've restarted the console and game, neither of which has unlocked the trophies again for me.

Fixed this issue by going to the trophy list, hitting 'Options' and 'Sync with PSN' if that helps anyone.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I just played Saints Row The Third remastered PS5 version, completed a couple missions which should unlock trophies but no trophies popped while I'm currently offline (cause my internet has been down for over 30 hours from a storm). I'll update this once I get my internet back to say if the trophies will pop or not once I sign in but I'm not expecting them to.

Update: after singing in, trophies did not pop as I expected. Thankfully I made back up saves prior to the trophy missions which I will have to replay to earn them. Quite frustrating how Sony makes these systems so online dependant nowadays.

Edited by Rednax_99
Updating post

Trophies should pop regardless of you being online or offline. If the PS5 didn't pop any trophies while offline, I can guarantee you this thread would be exponentially larger than it is right now.

Only issues I've had as far as trophies is the icon popping and image capturing, but the game not registering the trophy as achieved. Usually a manual sync or just leaving it it will correct itself, but I've had zero issues with timestamps.

24 minutes ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Trophies should pop regardless of you being online or offline. If the PS5 didn't pop any trophies while offline, I can guarantee you this thread would be exponentially larger than it is right now.

Only issues I've had as far as trophies is the icon popping and image capturing, but the game not registering the trophy as achieved. Usually a manual sync or just leaving it it will correct itself, but I've had zero issues with timestamps.

My trophies did not pop while playing offline. Definitely could be a game to game thing, though I'm not sure why that would be the case. I could view my trophies I had saved to my system data, so the lists were there, but the trophies would not pop.

12 minutes ago, Rednax_99 said:

My trophies did not pop while playing offline. Definitely could be a game to game thing, though I'm not sure why that would be the case. I could view my trophies I had saved to my system data, so the lists were there, but the trophies would not pop.

Most likely it's a game thing, especially if it's a new game that just came out.

I'd say if you notice that, try reinstalling the game, sometimes doing a sync helps. But its most likely the game and not the console.

6 hours ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

Oddly enough we have a lengthy thread of people having issues unlocking trophies while they were online.

• Like 1