Dead Ops Arcade Platinum Killer?

Hi Everyone, 

After slowly working my way through the trophies it's started to appear very obvious to me that there is one trophy that will take a LOT of time and practice: beating the boss on Dead Ops Arcade 3.

This requires beating level 64 of dead ops, which is going to require a well organised and highly skilled 4 players (though possible to do with less if they are good enough) and from the one youtube video I have seen on this, about 3 hours per attempt. 

As someone who played a little bit of DOA 1 and not much else since, any tips or strats for people to complete this would be welcomed, and hopefully useful to others that may struggle with this! 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 2:53 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

I remember beating the first arcade with just me and a friend, so unless something changed, you probably wouldn't need four. In fact, I would argue that it might make the game more chaotic to have for players, but I need to actually play it before I form an opinion.

Yeah if I remember correctly, on Black Ops, the more players the more enemies? Maybe I’m wrong but I always found it easier to beat with just me and one friend. It’s soon became overwhelming with a four man squad despite the extra fire power haha. Looking forward to trying this though

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 9:53 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I remember beating the first arcade with just me and a friend, so unless something changed, you probably wouldn't need four. In fact, I would argue that it might make the game more chaotic to have for players, but I need to actually play it before I form an opinion.

Ditto I remember the first one being too easy to the point I'm sure some asked them to make it harder.

Beat with a friend on two players alot myself. Three is also kinda doable as the extra person can help with bullet sponges or playing distraction. Four is definitely too chaotic, you have to keep everyone in a certain side/area to help divide things up but beyond that the two extra bodies sometimes confuses play especially when your trying to bait a mob in certain direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Did this on Friday wasn't too bad, just do it with 2 others and get them to quit out and they get full lives, nukes and speed. Then donate lives to the host to get a bost each time. This took roughly 3 hours to do, make sure you do it with ps5 players so you can quit and reload in within 10 seconds

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, hedgepig103 said:

Did this on Friday wasn't too bad, just do it with 2 others and get them to quit out and they get full lives, nukes and speed. Then donate lives to the host to get a bost each time. This took roughly 3 hours to do, make sure you do it with ps5 players so you can quit and reload in within 10 seconds

Can you elaborate please? I thought you could only donate lives to a player thats down

New patch notes:

Dead Ops Arcade

• Stability
    • Added various stability fixes.
  • Gameplay
    • Added Room of Judgment event.
    • Added various enemy AI tuning changes.
    • Added various weapon tuning changes.
  • General
    • Added Host Migration to Dead Ops Arcade.
    • Added options to turn off various UI elements and features.

It sounds like that dead ops will be easier? Or what is room of judgement?

Edited by Pinselneo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

New patch notes:

Dead Ops Arcade

• Stability
    • Added various stability fixes.
  • Gameplay
    • Added Room of Judgment event.
    • Added various enemy AI tuning changes.
    • Added various weapon tuning changes.
  • General
    • Added Host Migration to Dead Ops Arcade.
    • Added options to turn off various UI elements and features.

It sounds like that dead ops will be easier? Or what is room of judgement?

Room of Judgement was in the last game, it’s a second Room of Fate essentially. Host migration is also a plus, because now all players can leave for lives.

• Like 1