Beast of burden

JamieCon20

8 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Saw someone online say they had to do it in a level they hadn't earned gold yet, so try that if all else fails.

Well, this is bollocks. I'm left with the very hard challenges that must be completed by rolling.

Edited by LethalShark20
  • Like 1

Can confirm i was only able to get it on a level I hadn't already got gold on

So just load up player 2 as player 1 with a new game and you join as player 2 and beat the first trial first time with a gold and carrying them, it's how it worked for me.

• Like 1

It seems to be glitched. You have to do it on a trial you don't already have gold on so, if you already have gold on the first few trials sign on to your second account and play up until the first time trial because playing on a Guest account doesn't work. 

EDIT: I'm on PS5 so I'm not sure if the guest account works on PS4.

Edited by ITZSOFLUFFY14

4 hours ago, ITZSOFLUFFY14 said:

It seems to be glitched. You have to do it on a trial you don't already have gold on so, if you already have gold on the first few trials sign on to your second account and play up until the first time trial because playing on a Guest account doesn't work. 

Nah, I already had gold on the first 10 or so trials, I replayed the second one for this trophy and it popped fine (ps5). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ITZSOFLUFFY14 said:

2 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Nah, I already had gold on the first 10 or so trials, I replayed the second one for this trophy and it popped fine (ps5). 

So strange. There must be something else going on. I tried playing with someone who didn't have gold yet and it still didn't unlock. (PS5 also)

I was having problems with this. Did it a few times and no trophy. So i went into trial 2 that i already had gold on and made sure i got gold on my first try. It unlocked. So it seems to not count if you fail and just let it restart the trail. You need to press pause and retry. Tried this method on my brothers account straight after and it worked when finishing it first time without failing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MisterBobster said:

I had issues with it too. When I got it, it was either because I had the second player move before being picked up or because I never let go of R2 even on the scoreboard (I assumed the game classes it based on inputs)  until it popped. Hopefully these could help get it? (On ps4 btw)

43 minutes ago, Erik-LehnsherrX said:

I was having problems with this. Did it a few times and no trophy. So i went into trial 2 that i already had gold on and made sure i got gold on my first try. It unlocked. So it seems to not count if you fail and just let it restart the trail. You need to press pause and retry. Tried this method on my brothers account straight after and it worked when finishing it first time without failing.

I tried all of these solutions. The only one that worked was to never let go of R2 until the trophy popped. Thank you!

• Like 2

Wow, this is very stupid, it really does seem like if you just keep holding R2, even after you're forced to release the other player, you get it at the end of the scoreboard display. Either that or it's entirely random. Either way, very cool trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did the challenge holding all the way to the end and when the game force the other player to get out of you I stopped pressing the R2 button and I did not got the trophy, so what I did was to hold the R2 even when the game force you to let to go the other player, doing this I got the trophy 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 17/11/2020 at 9:09 PM, MisterBobster said:

I had issues with it too. When I got it, it was either because I had the second player move before being picked up or because I never let go of R2 even on the scoreboard (I assumed the game classes it based on inputs)  until it popped. Hopefully these could help get it? (On ps4 btw)

Strange this worked for me now. I moved the second player a little before picking him up and kept holding r2 until it actually give me the gold instead of releasing after achieving the time

• 1 year later...

Beat second trial with gold for first time. No trophy
Beat it for second time (gold again), trophy poped. But then I looked, it was trophy for get gold in trial, even tho it was my second gold on same level. I beat same trial for third time, Beast of burden finnaly popped

(PS4 version on PS5)

• 3 weeks later...

Having problems with this one as well. Will try moving P2 and holding R2 until the trophy pops.

Edit: still not working for me...

Moved controller 2 before picking up P2. Hold R2 until after getting gold and photo. Nothing.

Doing it on the first trial because it´s the easiest. But on the last jump P2 always drops. I keep holding R2 though. Does that count? There´s no way to carry P2 over the last jump...

Edit2:

Just got it in the 2nd trial. Not beating my first time. Not holding R2 until after the photo... Makes no sense but okay.

Edited by ippikitako

• 3 months later...

I watched this video.

read the comments on the video.  Turned on second controller,  had already got gold on my own.  Did trial 2, held R2 the entire time until we were back in the world map.  Got it on my very fist try, trophy popped before I even got to the world map screen. 

I did beat my previous gold time by like half a second.