Platinum Solo. Doable?

20 hours ago, Blaul_Part said:

No, you just need 2. Each controller can be split to allow 2 players (one person uses left half, the other uses right), meaning 2 controllers allows for 4 players.

Is that how you did it? I tried, but the game won’t let me leave the chef selection screen. Seems like a bug. 

21 minutes ago, FranciRoosters said:

Is that how you did it? I tried, but the game won’t let me leave the chef selection screen. Seems like a bug. 

For the trophies I've done so far, yes. I also has some difficulties getting the interface to work when doing any sort of co-op. Try just backing out of chef select once you've picked who you want rather than hitting OK.

• Like 1

I just did the split controller method to get the all seeing fry cook trophy. You can get the split controller from the team management (triangle in the main menu). Selecting the chefs was a bit awkward because of the split and my brain couldn't figure it out lol! The trophy didn't pop for me in couch arcade mode, only in campaign.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2020 at 10:56 PM, Blaul_Part said:

No, you just need 2. Each controller can be split to allow 2 players (one person uses left half, the other uses right), meaning 2 controllers allows for 4 players.

thanks for the heads up. I wasnt aware of the split controller functionality

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2020 at 7:37 PM, Blaul_Part said:

For the trophies I've done so far, yes. I also has some difficulties getting the interface to work when doing any sort of co-op. Try just backing out of chef select once you've picked who you want rather than hitting OK.

On 22/11/2020 at 11:49 PM, Heather342 said:

I just did the split controller method to get the all seeing fry cook trophy. You can get the split controller from the team management (triangle in the main menu). Selecting the chefs was a bit awkward because of the split and my brain couldn't figure it out lol! The trophy didn't pop for me in couch arcade mode, only in campaign.

Maybe this is glitched for some. Can't get any of the 4 player trophies to pop with the split 2 controller method

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

Can anyone confirm that it’s not working for everyone? I want to buy the game, but I have no one to play it with so I need this method to work...

A guide came out shortly after my comment and I it said you just have to get at least one star in the level which I can confirm works 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I platinumed the PS4 version of Overcooked 2. I started out playing with someone, but long story short: I ended up doing World 2 to the end solo. It's MUCH easier solo. You require way less points for 3 stars, and the whole challenge of Overcooked is communication, which obviously doesn't apply if you're playing solo.

Edit: I should also mention that playing solo was pretty boring.

Edited by yuber1234
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone . For those wanting to do the multiplayer trophies but only have 1 remote. You can use the ps5 remote play option on ps4 and then use a ps4 remote as a second remote and it can also split.

I tested thos method and it worked for me even though ps4 remotes cannot play ps5 games, the remote play seemed to work.

Hope thos helped 

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

i can't seem to get "You're a Real Pizza-work" (push a chef off a level) solo.. have accidentally pushed a chef off many times but didn't get the trophy. now I've been trying it on different levels on purpose and still nothing ? (tried both walking into them and dashing them off) did anyone get this trophy solo? or is a second controller needed for it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/7/2022 at 1:16 AM, nycxi said:

i can't seem to get "You're a Real Pizza-work" (push a chef off a level) solo.. have accidentally pushed a chef off many times but didn't get the trophy. now I've been trying it on different levels on purpose and still nothing 1f914.png (tried both walking into them and dashing them off) did anyone get this trophy solo? or is a second controller needed for it?

Was not working for me too, I tried anything to unlock it just like you, I solved by using a second controller, it seems like it's required for this trophy..

Hope I've helped you

• Like 1

Just tried this method with 2 controllers and can confirm that it works perfectly. 

Just a reminder, make sure that you’re on Overcooked! for levels 2-2 and 4-2, and NOT on Overcooked! 2. For some reason I misread it and wasted a bunch of time lol. 

Edited by RayShuttlesworth
Misread trophy description