Gamers over 30 using PSNprofiles

TheGameCapsule

I was born in the 8️⃣0️⃣s, before the Sega Megadrive release, my dad was always obsessed with gaming, as a boy he would ramble on about gaming but I didn’t care too much for it. Honestly my dad tried a bit too hard to get me into gaming ?.

Of course over the years I did play a few good PS1, 2 and 3 games (Gran Turismo 2, V Rally 2, Soul Reaver, TimeSplitters Future Perfect, Duel Masters, Chaos Legion, Blood Omen 2, God of War 3 and many more ?.

I turned to trophy hunting in 2015, but yeah I’ll never really cared much for the online multiplayer scene, nowadays there is so many of them, which is fine as there is always the occasional single player gem ?.

As far as the future is concerned, I’m in no hurry of upgrading past PS4 but I did eventually find a healthy life balance between work, my dogs, my love life and gaming ?. 

• Like 1

Turned 30 this year and three months ago decided to pick up trophy hunting as a hobby! 

I've been playing games since I was a kid, and I used to be very involved with all of it during the PS1 era, but my interest in gaming fizzled in my late teens. I played some PS2 and PS3 games because my younger brother played them, and I even bought a PS4 years ago, but due to young adult life problems (?) I didn't have energy for it. Now I'm in a much better place – mentally and financially – and I found my love for games once again, and decided to give it a try again. 

I don't particularly care about having hundreds of platinums, I like to challenge myself and to play games to their fullest potential (and I feel like going for the plat provides that). I'm in no rush to get a PS5 either, because there are so many PS4 titles I want to experience, and I definitely see myself here for the next years.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I'm turning 33 next month, been trophy hunting since 2013 and collecting retrogaming since that time as well. Didn't care much about gaming in the PS2 era (my teenage phase mostly) but returned on PS3 by collecting PS1 games from magazines I read and demos played.

Since collecting for all Playstation consoles has been a thing to me, I always choose to buy physical games, sometimes double dipping when a game isn't released outside digital media (like Hotline Miami and Guacamelee being released 10y after release). Time to play has been reduced, I've over 300 platinums at this point and, though I love platinums, never felt the need to play crap to boost my numbers. Nowadays I rather focus my time in a single/double game until I get the platinum instead starting something new, play few minutes and move away. That happened a lot in my first account and thus I start this new one.

As time goes by, I feel the need to shit on completion and start everything in my backlog... but I don't feel it's time yet. Maybe in a few years I'll start doing that, but until then I plan on getting as much completion % as I can, even if I have 1 or 2 trophies behind.

33 and still just as much of a gaming degenerate as I was when I was 18, my body may age but my brain stays the same. Thankfully I found a wife who accepts that aspect of me 😅.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 1

I think there are alot  of different ages on here. Games are for having fun, so as long as you enjoy what your doing its all good .  For myself I just try to balance work n gaming as I use gaming to destress from rl. I also dont play as many co op or competitive games as i used to as i tend to get irritated quickly if i have to wait for others. 😜

I still think i wont ever give up gaming as i get older i enjoy it too much. Only thing that would stop me is if i achieve my long term goal to run away and be a hermit in the woods.

Joined the 30 club this past October. 

Also been gaming since 2 because my dad loved video games since atari. Started with super mario world with him and hit up all the consoles over the years. We weren't rich by any means. Apartment living and a generally annoyed mom because dad always bought games. 

Achievement hunted from 2006 to January 2011 when I switched to trophies. Cause platinums are better than 1000gs. I think I left off xbox with 120,000 gamerscore. 

Hit 20,000 trophies recently and I don't see myself stopping. Video games are such a fun and impressive form of art and they never ceases to amaze me. 

It's just hard to find a lady who also enjoys gaming cause if they do, they aren't single. 

32 and play more games now then I did when I was younger if I'm honest with myself. 

Work and age has begun to rob me a little of that younger, spare energy I used to have so now it's quite nice to come home and just plop on the couch and play video games for an hour or so and decompress some. 

Even when I was young and had all the time in the world, I was never one to spend copious amounts of time gaming. It was more something to kill time rather than something I had to do and even still, I have that same mindset. I have too many other things going on and hobbies to just have gaming be my primary focus but sometimes I wish I was more simple and it was. 

6 minutes ago, SadisticSymphony said:

42 here

Hey, I just hit 42 myself. 

I've definitely slowed down a bit - it takes me longer to complete games than it usually did. I much prefer taking my time now, really enjoying the most out of trophy hunting. Definitely makes me a bit more choosy over what to spend my time with. 

I also tend to avoid multiplayer games. Interacting with younger gamers is usually hit or miss in my case. Some are really, really kind and some are really, really nasty. Such is the case with every age group I suppose. 

I turned 37 this past November. I grew up a SEGA kid, with Sonic 2 on the Genesis being my very first video game (other than Pong and some old Intellivision games that were handed down from my dad). Still adore the blue hedgehog to this very day. No signs of slowing down on gaming anytime soon either.

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.