"Beast of burden" trophy not unlocking

Moomba

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't have any issues with this unlocking. I chose Trial 6 (rolling spikes) as it's quite easy. With the first controller press and hold R2 to pick up the second player (second controller) and run the way through without dying, getting hit or letting go of R2 (even when you cross the finish line). It should unlock fine. 

FYI, I had acquired the gold time on Trial 6 already so you don't have to do a trial you haven't finished before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did it this evening and yes, for me too, it didnt unlock at first. I had to complete challenge n°2 about 5-6 times for the trophy to pop.
At first, i did hold the touchpad button at the end of the level (to make the animation go faster), and the trophy didnt unlock. It unlocked when i finished this trial and didn't hold touchpad button at the end of the level. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but there might be a lead there :)

• Like 1

Was playing this on a different account last night, and did the requirements for this one on trial 2.  Trophy didn't pop.  Went on and played a separate normal level and the Beast of Burden trophy popped after I completed that one.  Definitely something screwy with this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having problems, this trophy wouldn't unlock. I got gold carrying player 2 on 3 different trials and it still wouldn't pop.

I did a search online and found one website said to keep holding R2 through the scoreboard section and it should unlock. Sure enough, first try it worked.

So after you finish just keep holding down R2 and the trophy should pop

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI for anyone attempting, there is a trophy glitch that still works for this as of 1/19, where if you pick the other player up and throw them off before the timer starts, you can complete the trial solo and get the trophy (if you finish in gold time of course).  Tried it with two people yesterday and this worked, on the ps5 version if this helps

On 1/2/2021 at 6:13 PM, Rednax_99 said:

I was having problems, this trophy wouldn't unlock. I got gold carrying player 2 on 3 different trials and it still wouldn't pop.

I did a search online and found one website said to keep holding R2 through the scoreboard section and it should unlock. Sure enough, first try it worked.

So after you finish just keep holding down R2 and the trophy should pop

Thanks. I will try this as it did not unlock the trophy for me when I met the condition up to crossing finish line while holding someone (did on 2nd Knitted Trial).

Edit: Holding R2 until the Trophy pops worked

Edited by cusman
  • Like 1