Spare some change for gas v1.04

THW-44

I've just managed to get this since they changed it too 1000 miles. (thank god) 

A few bits of info if interested. After completing all of the career races I was still a fair bit away. I choose to run the oval circuit in Arizona, I think it's called Mitten or something like that. The track is roughly a third of a mile so to do 1000 miles you'd need to do 3000 + laps.

I set the arcade mode to 50 laps with no opponents and used the subaru in the modern rally cross group as I could lap in 12 seconds and complete 50 laps in around 10 mins 40 secs. 

I still needed to do around 1300 laps after career mode. I was finishing the race and then holding triangle to retry when getting rewards and it worked for me. 

Hope this helps anyone going for it. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 30/11/2020 at 1:45 AM, Animator22 said:

Sorry ranting a little bit but just had my fair share of grinds that I felt were a little excessive. 

I agree. WRC 7 is the same as 6 in terms of grinds. More recently I’ve been playing Pacer. You cover around 6k KM playing the career but there is a trophy for 40k KM. I don’t mind high mileage trophies if there is enough content to get you close but putting in a trophy that requires 5-10x the amount of mileage you get naturally just feels like a punishment to trophy hunters. I’d rather they make the game hard instead of putting a hundred hour grind in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 29/11/2020 at 10:45 PM, Animator22 said:

Unfortunately there's no stats of any kind like GRID did. I'd at least wish they would list how long the tracks were so you could at least calculate it that way. The only good thing is with them dropping it to 1K, completing all the career events should get you at least 60% and this is just a guess. Since it's just distance it just depends on your preference to grind the rest of the miles. Like the rubber band method on Arizona listed above for example. I decided to pick a longer track with long straightaways to maintain highspeed for a longer amount of time. So I picked the following on Arcade "Free Play" with no other racers

Location - Italy (Stampede) - Foci Di Giovo - Just note this is not a rubber band and walk away method. I tend to see which vehicles I can do laps faster which gets me a little more playability out of the game. It still took me about 150-200 laps on this track for the trophy to pop and it pops after your run is finished so if your not sure how many more miles you have left. Its best to do it in sets of 5-10 laps. At least this way it saves your progress. I was averaging 8mins every 5 laps but I know a few other vehicles are a tad faster but focused on ones with a little more control. 

Not sure why Codemasters and other devs keep putting these overkill goals that puts you above and beyond the full gave gives you. I can see rounding it off but then adding 10x to that is excessive and unnecessary. 

GRID (2019) - Completed every event complete with qualifying laps and ended career with 2,300 miles. The trophy asked for 22,000 miles. 
WRC 6 - Completed career which was about 240 events. The trophy asked for 1,000 events and online didn't help progress since it had its own separate 50 events trophy so its 1,050 total. Also why I didn't play any later installments because I know WRC 7 had the same trophy.

NHL 2K10 - (Yea old PS3 game) But play 500 games. Even with the settings set to 1min periods which took 5mins from menu back to menu. This method still takes 42 hours for one trophy. 

Sorry ranting a little bit but just had my fair share of grinds that I felt were a little excessive.  

I couldn't agree more, as a big fan of racing games.
They need to keep the game "alive". As now many players are able to plat their games even faster, they also tend to abandon the same, so they want to make us playing over and over. In the end, I'd just put this on the account of lazyness and lack of creativity. Wouldn't it be much more fun to add some specific challenges? 
I'm not defending them, NO WAY! I've got the platinum for WRC6, WRC7, currently been playing Supercross2 and don't even dream on buying/playing Grid. 
I'm actually surprised that they made to their senses and reduced this. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 2:53 AM, Warlord99956 said:

I agree. WRC 7 is the same as 6 in terms of grinds. More recently I’ve been playing Pacer. You cover around 6k KM playing the career but there is a trophy for 40k KM. I don’t mind high mileage trophies if there is enough content to get you close but putting in a trophy that requires 5-10x the amount of mileage you get naturally just feels like a punishment to trophy hunters. I’d rather they make the game hard instead of putting a hundred hour grind in!

Exactly, Exactly! If the content is there to continue the experience then ok but if you've done everything the game has to offer then your left spending 50hrs grinding on race then no, no thanks!

And that's the thing Im sure with you and many others. You complete everything, get every trophy except for this last one which bugs you till no end. I'm still bugged I don't have the plat for GRID Autosport because the grind to get to online level 250 is outrageous and not worth the time. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Animator22 said:

Exactly, Exactly! If the content is there to continue the experience then ok but if you've done everything the game has to offer then your left spending 50hrs grinding on race then no, no thanks!

And that's the thing Im sure with you and many others. You complete everything, get every trophy except for this last one which bugs you till no end. I'm still bugged I don't have the plat for GRID Autosport because the grind to get to online level 250 is outrageous and not worth the time. 

I've had so many games that have I enjoyed right up until hitting the final grind for the last trophy to then thoroughly hate them afterwards. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2021 at 11:54 PM, Anke said:

I've had so many games that have I enjoyed right up until hitting the final grind for the last trophy to then thoroughly hate them afterwards. 

I hear you on that one. I loved the game, wouldn't mind picking it up and playing again but like you said, it built up so must frustration that it makes me not want to support the devs next installment. For example, I know the WRC series isn't the best but I enjoy them but I haven't played another installment because of that grind and don't want to go through it again. Yeah you can just forget that last few grind trophies but when your a completionist it just messes with your mind to leave 1 trophy you know you can get. 

• Like 1