A lot of the trophies will auto pop if you did them on PS4

Chaos_Bladez

11 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

...cut...

Since I do not remember clearly how it was in PS4 version (which I have done already): were online stats stored locally or on the servers?

If local, that's a pity for me, since I am not sure if I have my save anymore...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

So everything carries over with your account? Meaning all types of currency, outfits, gear, profile level, etc.. I was thinking when I do get a PS5, I was probably not going to play on this, just keep playing on PS4, but if everything carries over, I'm all in. I know that PS5 plays PS4 discs, is that how the transition works? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

I am so glad that we don't have to redo the Krypt again. Thank fuck. Are there any steps that have to be done to carry a save over or will it automatically register what we did in the PS4 version?

You don't need to do anything. It just pulls in your profile automatically.

7 hours ago, Lianco said:

Hopefully nobody gets flagged because of stuff like this. If this is something that happens when you transfer saves over then I guess not but if this is the only case of it? Damn, lol. “Platinum’d in 4 seconds?”

Well, you can't platinum it that quickly. You still need to do a lot of it manually like the Fatalities for each character, Brutalities, Mercies, and the 50 unranked matches, just to name a few.

7 hours ago, derstra123 said:

I was hoping to avoid unlocking "Kompetitor" and "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" trophies again.

Sadly, you're going to need to get those again.

7 hours ago, LucasDiasC said:

They said story progress wouldn't carry over, but I see both trophies popped for you aswell, pretty nice.

Yes, they did say that which is why I was confused. But yeah your story progress is there so just chapter select to the last fight to unlock both trophies. A nice suprise.

Just a heads up for anyone, looking at this thread. I don't know if it's something on my end, but I only own the main game and free upgrade path isn't available. I tried Borderlands 3 and it worked immediately, so I thought maybe it was because I didn't have the ultimate add-on from PS4 but their FAQ about upgrading says you only need the main game unless I'm missing something

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360057342173-Mortal-Kombat-11-PlayStation-5-FAQ

Edit: Looks like I was just impatient, upgrade is currently downloading :)

Edited by corkscrew17
  • Like 2

On 17/11/2020 at 1:32 PM, KILLIN_REVOLVER said:

If one is not done with their ps4 trophy list does anyone know if once you start the ps5 version it locks you from moving saves back to the PS4 version? 

I was wondering the exact same thing. I'll probably try in the next few days to earn a trophy on the PS5 (one I didn't have on PS4) then try switching back to the PS4 version. 

• Like 1

On 22/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Really the hardest part is gonna be getting that group battle one again because no one is every doing those fights.

is that the 2 player tower fight? If so can you play with someone on PS4 (is it cross play)? 

Sorry can I also ask , do I need to buy the ps5 copy or can I play the PS4 disc in the ps5? 

Edited by JWill_55

Very glad I wouldn't need to do the tutorial again whenever I do get my PS5! As well as some of the grindy ones like Intros/Outros. I look forward to eventually doing that :)

Any word on if this works in reverse? One of my brothers doesn't yet have the platinum in the PS4 version. If he finishes it through the PS5 version, would the trophies auto-pop on PS4?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anotherfangirl said:

Did you copy your save file from PS4 to PS5? Because I just tried it and it works, many trophies are auto popping.

I did, none auto popped.  I had to go in and do things for them to pop. 

Had to do 1 tower for example, for the tower trophies to pop.  Had to open a chest for those respective trophies to pop.  It has been annoying