Guidewriter's Headquarters

Dreggit

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, igormacedorrn said:

Hello,

The game Watch Dogs: Legion only has trophy guides for the game as PS4 version, but no guide for the PS5 version. I believe the game is pretty much the same, so maybe if the guides for the PS4 version could be applied on the PS5 page? That would be great!

I think this is the last question in the opening post:

Can I import my guide to another region/platform of the game? No. While this was allowed in the early days, we as a team came to the decision that creating multiple guides for every trophy region/platform would over saturate the list of guides on site, and on that specific games guidelist

47 minutes ago, igormacedorrn said:

Hello,

The game Watch Dogs: Legion only has trophy guides for the game as PS4 version, but no guide for the PS5 version. I believe the game is pretty much the same, so maybe if the guides for the PS4 version could be applied on the PS5 page? That would be great!

As was mentioned in a previous thread, should you like to, you may write your own guide for the PS5 version but we will not import the PS4 guide to the PS5 verion for the above reason.

• 2 months later...

Hey hey! I have a question related to writing a guide for a visual novel (maybe more).

I’m planning to write a walkthrough which of course covers all the trophies in the most efficient manner possible (which usually means skipping as well).

However, I feel like I have to include a “disclaimer” about recommending to not skip the whole story and reading it instead.

I know I probably shouldn’t do this but it feels like the right thing to communicate that the game’s story is worth paying attention to.

I hope you can offer me some advice on this front.

On 2/19/2021 at 3:02 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

Hey hey! I have a question related to writing a guide for a visual novel (maybe more).

I’m planning to write a walkthrough which of course covers all the trophies in the most efficient manner possible (which usually means skipping as well).

However, I feel like I have to include a “disclaimer” about recommending to not skip the whole story and reading it instead.

I know I probably shouldn’t do this but it feels like the right thing to communicate that the game’s story is worth paying attention to.

I hope you can offer me some advice on this front.

Providing a disclaimer is a totally fine thing to do. I personally think that this kind of disclaimer works best for story heavy games, and puzzle heavy games. This way, if someone doesn't want to be spoiled, they can click away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nerd_Herd_A_S said:

I wrote a guide like a month or two ago for a less than 1% plat game (Big buck arcade) and it still is awaiting review, I was wondering if I did something wrong in the guide 

The Guide Team are extremely busy at the moment and have a backlog a mile long (The Guide of the Year event didn't help matters), plus the pandemic isn't making life any easier for them :(.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nerd_Herd_A_S said:

I wrote a guide like a month or two ago for a less than 1% plat game (Big buck arcade) and it still is awaiting review, I was wondering if I did something wrong in the guide 

Send me a message in your freetime and I'll answer your questions as best I can

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on writing a guide for Curse of the Dead Gods. If anyone else is working on it, let me know and I'll back off / co write if you please. I would also like my own older guides to mention my current PSN. They still fall under Starlove- which directs to nothing when clicked on it. I also receive no notifications anymore. 

7 hours ago, JNSpradlin said:

Are you guys looking for more help? I know you are backed up over a month of submissions at this point.

Not at this time, I have trained two new staff and still training a third. The guide review process has resumed and should see regular movement until the entire queue is exhausted and is forecast to be completed over two or three weeks.

1 hour ago, Stardroid said:

I plan on writing a guide for Curse of the Dead Gods. If anyone else is working on it, let me know and I'll back off / co write if you please. I would also like my own older guides to mention my current PSN. They still fall under Starlove- which directs to nothing when clicked on it. I also receive no notifications anymore. 

You are welcome to join the author's discord. You can ask questions like this more easily and more directly with the staff https://discord.gg/4mYxu3wzQc . As far as your question, no one has recently worked on a guide for this game, and none exist in the queue at present.

Can I just ask why it is commonly referred to as the guide “queue” when guides clearly aren’t being reviewed in the order that they were submitted? @A1rPun and I submitted our guide for Splasher nearly three months ago, and yet I can’t help but notice that most of the newly published guides are ones that were definitely submitted at a later date than ours. 

I don’t care much about the wait time. I just don’t see any good reason why all of these guides are magically jumping the “queue”. If something was wrong with our guide then fair enough. But it’s worth mentioning that we have not received any feedback as of yet, so I’m sure that’s not the case. And having just had a quick look at the forums it seems like I am not the only person to notice this.

I do want to make it clear that I appreciate the time and effort that you guys put into maintaining the quality of the guides on this site. But with that said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if favouritism is playing a major role in determining when someone’s guide gets reviewed.

2 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

Can I just ask why it is commonly referred to as the guide “queue” when guides clearly aren’t being reviewed in the order that they were submitted? @A1rPun and I submitted our guide for Splasher nearly three months ago, and yet I can’t help but notice that most of the newly published guides are ones that were definitely submitted at a later date than ours. 

I don’t care much about the wait time. I just don’t see any good reason why all of these guides are magically jumping the “queue”. If something was wrong with our guide then fair enough. But it’s worth mentioning that we have not received any feedback as of yet, so I’m sure that’s not the case. And having just had a quick look at the forums it seems like I am not the only person to notice this.

I do want to make it clear that I appreciate the time and effort that you guys put into maintaining the quality of the guides on this site. But with that said, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if favouritism is playing a major role in determining when someone’s guide gets reviewed.

Because there’s multiple people working the queue who get done at different times and when new people are being trained it makes sense to pick guides suited for the task. 

You can stop stirring drama by making accusations now and just be patient. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Because there’s multiple people working the queue who get done at different times and when new people are being trained it makes sense to pick guides suited for the task. 

You can stop stirring drama by making accusations now and just be patient. 

Thank you for your input, Daiv. As helpful as always. I didn’t realise that you were one of the latest additions to the guide team. Congratulations on that.  

49 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

I can assure you that there is no favoritism at play in the reviewing of guides. We, in fact, do have a queue and we review materials from the top of that list. We have even received requests to prioritize guides for the current PS+ games, of which, we have declined because it would not be fair to those that have been waiting for so long.

I can see that you originally submitted your guide on December 20th, however, either you or your partner made an edit on March 3rd. Whenever you make an edit to a guide in the review queue, you reset the position of the guides placement in the queue to be placed at the end. Unfortunately, this is an automated process that the team has no control over, it is just how the queue system is coded.

My trainees were only given permissions on March 6th, and I have personally only just finished training my new staff. In the last week it is clear that there is movement in the queue once again, and I would hope that the community would be thankful to see regular progress again in for the first time since early December. I would ask you to either contact me directly about any additional questions, join the author's discord, or patiently wait until we finish the guides in the queue. In the past week we have been working overtime on clearing out outstanding items and have processed over 40 guides in just five days. Rest assured, it is forecast that all pending items are caught up in about two-three weeks.

Thank you for your answer.

I was under the impression that making changes didn’t reset your place in the queue as I didn’t need to resubmit the guide once I had made those changes. Now that you have explained the process it does make perfect sense to me. It’s unfortunate, but it is what it is.

And I would like to apologise for making those accusations. As I said, I do appreciate the effort  that you all make to help out the community. I wasn’t looking to start any drama with my post. I was just a bit frustrated.

• Like 1

Quick question, regarding tags. Can the “Missable” tag also apply to specific game modes where failing requirements results in a restart of the game mode playthrough, or is the tag exclusive to full game playthroughs? I will give you an example to show you what I mean. 

In the Wuppo trophy list, there is a trophy called “Boss Run: Obey Stoplight,” where you must defeat a specific boss during boss rush mode without getting hit. If failing the requirements required another playthrough of boss rush, would it be fair to tag this trophy as missable?

Sorry if this is a stupid question to anyone out there.

17 hours ago, Trumpet_Boi_208 said:

Quick question, regarding tags. Can the “Missable” tag also apply to specific game modes where failing requirements results in a restart of the game mode playthrough, or is the tag exclusive to full game playthroughs? I will give you an example to show you what I mean. 

In the Wuppo trophy list, there is a trophy called “Boss Run: Obey Stoplight,” where you must defeat a specific boss during boss rush mode without getting hit. If failing the requirements required another playthrough of boss rush, would it be fair to tag this trophy as missable?

Sorry if this is a stupid question to anyone out there.

Generally speaking, if I need to play the entire game again, then it is missable. But, if I can immediately retry, then it would not be. Take, for example, super meat boy; the deathless trophies could technically be called missable, but you can immediately retry the condition of obtainment and so do not need to commit to a significant time sink in which to have another chance. So in the context of the trophy you link, technically, yes it would be missable. But, realistically speaking, because it is a boss rush, is it going to take a significant amount of time to get another chance? I suppose there is a degree of a grey area and it is dependent on the individual context of conditions of obtainment the trophy refers to. If it were to pertain to normal story gameplay, I'd be more inclined to say definitively that it is, as it would presumably require you to play the game again upto that point so to have another chance at the boss in the story. As a bossrush, it is somewhat less clear...

A very clear example of a missable trophy is in Final Fantasy IX in where you must reach S rank treasure hunter ranking. You can effectively lock yourself out of the trophy very early on by simply missing a number of hidden treasures in locations that you cannot return to and would therefore need to replay a 20-60hr game (really depends if you use those, "aids" to speed up your gameplay) just to have another shot at it.

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 2

On 3/13/2021 at 6:39 PM, Smzthyy said:

Thank you for your input, Daiv. As helpful as always. I didn’t realise that you were one of the latest additions to the guide team. Congratulations on that. 

I was reading back through so as to make preparations to update the OP with new information, but saw your confusion here. So I want to briefly clarify this, so that there is no confusion, but Daiv is not on the Guide Team, those on the team are @Vanqishd, @Roronora_Zoro666, @Charizarzar and myself. If any future questions were to come up, they should addressed to one of us directly so that we can provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding your question.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, Novorossiyah said:

Is anybody working on a guide for Returnal?

Two drafts have been started, but neither have content, so please feel free to work on one. I recommend that you join the author's discord to get more help and direct answers to questions regarding the guide creation & guide review process.

PSNP's Guidewriting Headquarter's

DSJ5pue.png

Click the link above or image to join if you are interested

There are more than 100 users in the server at present and all of my team is active and frequently participating in community questions there as well.

Edited by Dreggit
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

Two drafts have been started, but neither have content, so please feel free to work on one. I recommend that you join the author's discord to get more help and direct answers to questions regarding the guide creation & guide review process.

PSNP's Guidewriting Headquarter's

DSJ5pue.png

Click the link above or image to join if you are interested

There are more than 100 users in the server at present and all of my team is active and frequently participating in community questions there as well.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...