Guidewriter's Headquarters

Dreggit

Haven't seen anything related to this in the opening section with helpful links, so i'm just going to mention here:

Mad Max's guide has been wrong for over a year now. Still mentions trophy glitches that were patched with 1.06, doesn't mention any online trophies neither it does mention that the platinum is literally impossible for new players. It needs some serious rework.

There has been a dozen of people commenting on that guide for several months now. Ask one of them if they are interested in fixing the guide and add them to the team (I would suggest @fadingtrails as they have done God's work with The Last Of Us 2 Brutal DLC guide comments and they have done so again in the comments of this guide). The current author no longer cares about the guide, but it still could be useful for other users when/if it's fixed.

This cannot stay as it is. This can potentially ruin someone's 100% account. Don't let this happen.

Credit to @CryptikCat for mentioning this mistake here.

12 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

Haven't seen anything related to this in the opening section with helpful links, so i'm just going to mention here:

Mad Max's guide has been wrong for over a year now. Still mentions trophy glitches that were patched with 1.06, doesn't mention any online trophies neither it does mention that the platinum is literally impossible for new players. It needs some serious rework.

There has been a dozen of people commenting on that guide for several months now. Ask one of them if they are interested in fixing the guide and add them to the team (I would suggest @fadingtrails as they have done God's work with The Last Of Us 2 Brutal DLC guide comments and they have done so again in the comments of this guide). The current author no longer cares about the guide, but it still could be useful for other users when/if it's fixed.

This cannot stay as it is. This can potentially ruin someone's 100% account. Don't let this happen.

Credit to @CryptikCat for mentioning this mistake here.

We’ll definitely take care of it, though for any other issues like this please use the advice in the first post for reporting a guide privately. We just want to avoid authors being called out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can contributors be added after a guide is published? Also, guides don't seem to update the author when they've changed their PSN ID. 

An example use case for a contributor being added later:

• Person X writes a trophy guide and it is accepted and published. 
  • Person Y has recorded a bunch of gameplay videos or made art assets and would like them added to an existing guide. 
  • Person X is agreeable to the modification of their guide to include the new content, but doesn't want to do the work of adding the new content.
Edited by Man of Inaction

On 15/01/2022 at 0:56 AM, Man of Inaction said:

Can contributors be added after a guide is published? Also, guides don't seem to update the author when they've changed their PSN ID. 

An example use case for a contributor being added later:

• Person X writes a trophy guide and it is accepted and published. 
  • Person Y has recorded a bunch of gameplay videos or made art assets and would like them added to an existing guide. 
  • Person X is agreeable to the modification of their guide to include the new content, but doesn't want to do the work of adding the new content.

Yes they can (with permission). And yeah, unfortunately name changes don’t update (the most viewed guide on the site by Vanqishd is one example, or Optinooby’s guides), so your new name would need to be added as a contributor. Hopefully that’ll change in a future site update.

You should hopefully be added to each of your guides now. Let me know if I missed anything!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just started a guide for Wild Arms but I am considering doing both a Trophy guide and a Trophy Walkthrough. The guide Io can have done pretty quick as I still remember most of the game. The Walkthrough would take longer though, the game can be obscure sometimes on where to go even after talking to all the NPCs. So i might still do both plus it is not a very long RPG. I booted up a save file on PS1 and my save at the very end of the game was at 21hrs with only Boomerang Flash (love that boss) and the Final Battle left.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:27 PM, DJ_Murda_Murk said:

If I have requests for guides should I post them here or is there a separate thread for that? If there is please let me know :)

This is the topic where you would make a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • I understand GIFs can be included in trophy guides but are there any restrictions on their size/length? 
  • Do trophy guides support the inclusion of interactive maps ? I want to create an image with various point that once clicked/hovered over show a text , or even a smaller image, depicting an exact location of an item.

Hey guide team may I ask if one of you could have a look at my current work on the Wild Arms walkthrough? I would like to get some feedback before getting to far in in-case there are major changes i need to make on how I am doing things. I have not done a guide this in-depth before so a little early feedback might help.

Thank you all for the great work.

23 hours ago, Seamndel said:
  • I understand GIFs can be included in trophy guides but are there any restrictions on their size/length? 
  • Do trophy guides support the inclusion of interactive maps ? I want to create an image with various point that once clicked/hovered over show a text , or even a smaller image, depicting an exact location of an item.

GIFs can't be put in, more's the pity. They just get converted to .jpg :(. And the best you can do with interactive maps with the current software is link to one, unfortunately. It can't be embedded into the guide. That would be a great feature though!

11 hours ago, Void said:

Hey guide team may I ask if one of you could have a look at my current work on the Wild Arms walkthrough? I would like to get some feedback before getting to far in in-case there are major changes i need to make on how I am doing things. I have not done a guide this in-depth before so a little early feedback might help.

Thank you all for the great work.

I can take a look, just send me a link. :) 

4 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

GIFs can't be put in, more's the pity. They just get converted to .jpg :(. And the best you can do with interactive maps with the current software is link to one, unfortunately. It can't be embedded into the guide. That would be a great feature though!

I can take a look, just send me a link. :) 

i just sent the links. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

How would errors, such as spelling, grammar and missing icons affect a review time for a guide? Will the guide be denied and passed back to the author for corrections and edits? Or will it be allowed publishing with the condition the author fixes it in post?

5 hours ago, Seamndel said:

How would errors, such as spelling, grammar and missing icons affect a review time for a guide? Will the guide be denied and passed back to the author for corrections and edits? Or will it be allowed publishing with the condition the author fixes it in post?

It depends on how many errors there are and how serious the Guide Team deem them to be. In the past, I have had Guides that needed a few changes which only held up their approval for a day or two at the most :). A GT member will have to chime in on this but I imagine if your Guide has a ton of major problems, it will be rejected and bounced back to you for fixing.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Hey, got a quick question regarding copyright of trophy guides. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a website for a while now centering around various guides and whatnot which might involve the occasional trophy guide or trophy walkthrough. I'm just wondering if i were to publish a guide here would that make it copyright of PSNProfiles and ineligible for me to also publish it word-for-word on my website if i decide to bite that bullet in the future? Or do i retain the right to my work and publishing rights elsewhere?

I'm just wondering because I'm currently throwing together a frankly kinda long trophy walkthrough for AI: The Somnium Files nirvanA Inititative and I'm not sure whether i should publish it here or not in case i want to also feature it on my website at a later date. I can see in the guidelines that it's okay to bring my work from elsewhere to this site but just want to make sure there's no copyright infringement for my content published to PSNProfiles first.

10 hours ago, YTPerfectParadox said:

Hey, got a quick question regarding copyright of trophy guides. I've been tossing around the idea of starting a website for a while now centering around various guides and whatnot which might involve the occasional trophy guide or trophy walkthrough. I'm just wondering if i were to publish a guide here would that make it copyright of PSNProfiles and ineligible for me to also publish it word-for-word on my website if i decide to bite that bullet in the future? Or do i retain the right to my work and publishing rights elsewhere?

I'm just wondering because I'm currently throwing together a frankly kinda long trophy walkthrough for AI: The Somnium Files nirvanA Inititative and I'm not sure whether i should publish it here or not in case i want to also feature it on my website at a later date. I can see in the guidelines that it's okay to bring my work from elsewhere to this site but just want to make sure there's no copyright infringement for my content published to PSNProfiles first.

You can host your content and then publish it to your own site if you'd like to. In cases where a random user might do that without permission, then it'd be an issue, but since it's your content,you can have your content on your own site too without much issue.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:43 AM, Seamndel said:

Hello Seamndel, reviews are issued in the order we receive them. This also extends to publications. In general, reviews can take up to a week depending on the number of guides in the review queue and the content in those guides being reviewed. We all have full time jobs and obligations outside of PSNP also, so it also depends on freetime we have. If you have any specific questions, please reach out to me directly on Discord.

11 hours ago, pjcooper2012 said:

currently working on a guide and i'm trying to add images to better show where something is but i cant find a way to change the size of images / put them where they need to be. is there anything i'm missing when it comes to this?

You could manually change the size using something like PicResize, but you could also use tables to change the size and positioning. So if you wanted it on the left side, insert a 1x2 table, drag the image into the left-most cell, then click on the table so that the mini-toolbar shows up, click Table Styles (the paintbrush symbol), then Borderless (which makes the table invisible. You can then add text to the column on the right (I sometimes like to add a narrow column in between them so the text isn't too close to the image). With the current editor you can't drag the image absolutely anywhere you want unfortunately, but tables are at least an option for moving the image around.

• Like 2

Hey, i got a question about re publishing a guide. When there's a re release on a new platform in this case the Assassin's Creed Rogue guide is made for the PS3 version, but I would like to have a guide for the PS4 version as it's easier to track what trophies I still need. I contacted the original guide writers and they said they were willing to do so, but how do go on about doing this? Is it a simple case of copy paste or can someone from the guide team republish the guide for a different platform?

10 minutes ago, F1Veteran_ said:

Hey, i got a question about re publishing a guide. When there's a re release on a new platform in this case the Assassin's Creed Rogue guide is made for the PS3 version, but I would like to have a guide for the PS4 version as it's easier to track what trophies I still need. I contacted the original guide writers and they said they were willing to do so, but how do go on about doing this? Is it a simple case of copy paste or can someone from the guide team republish the guide for a different platform?

Hey,

Even if you have the author's permission, the guide needs to be completely unique (as in, written without being copied and pasted or without having that guide open in another tab). Otherwise the site owner sees it as spam. If you want to use it just for your own benefit, you can copy and paste it into a new guide, but just not submit it for review. :)

3 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Even if you have the author's permission, the guide needs to be completely unique (as in, written without being copied and pasted or without having that guide open in another tab). Otherwise the site owner sees it as spam.

I think you mis understood me because of my wording, can the original author, re publish the same guide (obviously updated with the new controls) for another platform? 

If you want to use it just for your own benefit, you can copy and paste it into a new guide, but just not submit it for review. :)

I didn't know you could do that I'll give that a try as well. 

23 minutes ago, F1Veteran_ said:

I think you mis understood me because of my wording, can the original author, re publish the same guide (obviously updated with the new controls) for another platform? 

I didn't know you could do that I'll give that a try as well. 

No, they can't - for the same reason (the guide isn't really offering anything new other than allowing people to track trophies) and, because there's a limit of 2 trophy guides per game, we'd rather that it wasn't monopolised by one person as someone else might be interested in writing one. For the first point, while this may not seem like an important reason for not allowing the guide to be published, it would become annoying if every author decided to copy over their guide to a new platform. Hopefully in a future site update people might be able to track trophies across different platforms without the need for a new guide.