RDR1 + Stand-alone Undead Nightmare Disc?

OmegaRejectz

If I pickup the disc version of RDR & a disc version of Undead Nightmare will I have any issues? I saw a post about someone saying they couldn’t do a tomahawk challenge in Undead Nightmare for some reason. All the other DLCs are free so no worry there. Also, if I decided to get the digital versions of RDR & Undead Nightmare would the game run better? Since it wouldn’t be reading off a disc?

I bought Undead Nightmare on disc before I bought RDR. It seemed to work fine until the updates were installed. Apparently the last update they released for UN totally broke it and made it so the zombies (that can only be killed by headshots) spawn without heads and othe hijinks. But when I ran vanilla RDR from its own disc, there were no issues.

55 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

If I pickup the disc version of RDR & a disc version of Undead Nightmare will I have any issues? I saw a post about someone saying they couldn’t do a tomahawk challenge in Undead Nightmare for some reason. All the other DLCs are free so no worry there. Also, if I decided to get the digital versions of RDR & Undead Nightmare would the game run better? Since it wouldn’t be reading off a disc?

I could be wrong but I think that problem had been fixed ?. Also, it doesn't matter if you have the retail or digital version of the game, the performance isn't great.

42 minutes ago, OrangeDiceHUN said:

I bought Undead Nightmare on disc before I bought RDR. It seemed to work fine until the updates were installed. Apparently the last update they released for UN totally broke it and made it so the zombies (that can only be killed by headshots) spawn without heads and othe hijinks. But when I ran vanilla RDR from its own disc, there were no issues.

All those problems were fixed years ago with the GameSpy removal patch :).

• 1 month later...

I just finished with the undead (European - our stores only have the coop dlc free :/ ) disk version. I started with patches then realised I didn't have the axe and explosive rifle challenges so had to reinstall without

while playing without patches It was fine, with the patches I had people and zombies with no heads they could be shot you just can't see them, the 4 horses appearing without their powers, I couldn't complete saving towns without reloading and trying again, twice I manual saved and it got stuck on a black screen (PS3 not frozen), I had to do 1 mission again because of a freeze and another I had to do again because it decides you didn't do it if you autosave leave and come back.

Unless you really want the free warhorse I'd play without patches!

I know someone who's playing through ps now who's having or had issues accessing the axe or riffle challenges and Rockstar support was terrible about it responding about the wrong console and games so maybe don't get it through there if that's how you'd get it digitally

Edited by katyred15
add information

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I thought they fixed that with the last ever patch a few years back 1f914.png?

Unfortunately they didn't. It happens on the disc version of UN and GOTY edition. Only way to avoid is by playing it as a DLC on digital.

• 2 years later...

Playing the standalone Undead Nightmare disc on PS3 at the moment and it is straight-up unplayable. I haven't run into the headless zombies glitch yet, but I run into a crash or a freeze within minutes of starting up, guaranteed every single time. Any progress at all is impossible. I've already uninstalled the patch but no improvement. Is there any sort of true workaround for this or do I just have to purchase the digital edition?