How I got into trophy hunting

iliya0212

Hi everyone!

Wanted to introduce myself and share my story of getting into trophy hunting. So my name is Iliya, I am 29.

Most of my life I was a PC gamer and didn't care much for trophies/achievements. I did end up buying a PS3 in 2013 after watching a playthrough of the Last of Us because I wanted to experience it for myself, but after this it was mainly for when friends were coming over so it really didn't get much love. 

In 2018 I finally bought a PS4 mostly for the exclusives. I did notice the trophies and didn't really care, but it all changed this year. I bought the Last of Us Part 2 on launch day and went in completely blind. Although it was a controversial game because of the story choices I enjoyed it a lot and after finishing my initial playthrough noticed that I actually was very close to platinum, so I thought, what the hell, I might as well go for it. I liked every second of it, finding the Easter eggs and not plowing through the story as fast as I could, taking it all in. I tried myself a bit with some easier games and decided to try and platinum one of my favorite franchises - Uncharted, experience that ended up with 5 new platinum trophies, and because I was never a hardcore gamer crushing difficulty almost broke me at some point, but it made the experience much more rewarding in the end.

So after 4 months and 25 new shiny platinum trophies, I wanted to say thanks to this community for the guides and making me feel not alone in this hobby. Of course I would love some suggestions on what game should I do next!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, arsenal4life1471 said:

spiderman is a good shout especially the new one miles morales as its shorter also far cry series is great :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I already did the both Spider-Man, and you are right, they are awesome! :)

About Far Cry, I actually find it very difficult to play FPS with a controller. I did 100% Far Cry 3 and 5 on PC, and because I enjoyed them I bought Far Cry 3 PS4 on sale recently and it was really a struggle for me. On the other hand practice makes perfect, so I probably should go back to it.

• Like 1

Welcome!

You really hit the ground running hard! Welcome to the club! As for suggestions, I have a huge backlog so I just focus on those. But I enjoy looking through other people profile and looking at their platinums and seeing if they have similar interests to me and check out the game.

A couple of nice straight forward ones are:
inFamous First Light
inFamous Second Son
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Control
Titanfall 2 (Awesome single-player shooter campaign, there is 1 trophy that is a total doozy to get and is currently holding me from the plat, but is going to feel so rewarding when I get it)

Good Luck and look forward to seeing you around the forums more :D

• Like 1

Thanks guys, appreciate the warm welcome!

By the way @Draps-1337, great suggestions!

inFamous is probably next on my list, I started First Light but got distracted, will probably come back to it after Second Son

I got Control on the Black Friday sale, so it is definitely on the shorter list.

Titanfall I might try but I have trouble with FPS (used to keyboard & mouse), so all depends on difficulty, if it requires skill, I am currently lacking it.

As for Fallen Order, platinumed it recently, pretty good game, although the collectible run in the end was not that fun for me, had to use a video guide. But to be fair, Mafia 2 was way way worse in this perspective (189 wanted posters, all around the map).

• Like 1