PS+ will have 2 games/month for ps3

KittyGirly

I wish i had thought of 'purchasing' the free Vita games when they first appeared, as i only recently bought the console and have missed out on a lot of free games.  At least my PS4 is pre-ordered so i won't have the same problem again.

On the topic of buying every game you want, i probably by half a dozen games on release and wait for others to get cheaper, although i do have an incredible knack of buying something only for it to appear on PS+ a couple of months later! :|

November should refresh the 3 evergreen titles, I just hope at least one isn't Little Big Planet, Soul Sacrifice, or Hot Shots golf because I own all 3 and I have a feeling at least 2 of them will be.  I am really hoping one is Killzone : Mercenaryor Persona because I have not bought them and both would be quality additions.

Killzone Merchenarys would kick ass, but its less than 2 months old so I doubt it. Im not so sure about persona just because its a 3rd party game, but then again Xcom is on the PS3 evergreen list. 

less games? Then I expect better quality. This month has actually been really good for plus. For those who haven't played Shadow of Colossus, it's a must-play for me. Also, I've been looking forward to Hotline Miami. Plus, isn't for everyone, esp. for those who purchase a lot of games day one. I tend to stock up at Christmas/birthday (which are both in December.), so PS+ is beneficial for me since I only get games during the winter season and keeps me busy until then.  Most importantly, for those who tend to miss out on a few games here and there and are willing to wait to play older, popular games (and some unknown/underrated PSN games), this service is perfect for you.

Also, before anyone asks, me and my brother share plus and it's on his account. That's why I don't have a plus in my trophy card.

Killzone Merchenarys would kick ass, but its less than 2 months old so I doubt it. Im not so sure about persona just because its a 3rd party game, but then again Xcom is on the PS3 evergreen list. 

The games that we will win are these:

PS3: Metal Solid Rising: Revengeance.

Remember Me.

PSVita: Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath

MotorStorm RC

at least is what says here and in another thread i saw here in PSNP :P

The reason I think PS+ is shit is because I'm not cheap. So I BUY the games I like when they come out within the first couple of months. So then all the games that come out for PS+ that I like, I already own. So all that's left is crap or games I don't like.

And I don't understand how this doesn't happen to more people. Do you not buy the games you like? So you get them for free on PS+ later? Or do you just play games you weren't interested and end up liking them?I can see the last one happening but I don't think it's worth getting PS+ for. The games I would be happy to see for free on PS+ are the games I got really hyped for and already purchased.

And yet at quick glance of your PSN profile, I see that recently you've been playing on Okami HD, Hitman Absolution, you got plat on Saints Row The Third and you downloaded and played on ICO. For something that you deem shit you sure do like to use it a lot. 

thats funny because unless u got a seperate psn account all the titles i see on your list are Ps+ games that were started around the same time as they were released on ps+

Ah you beat me to it, brother lol

This is not a popular opinion, but this is actually a really good thing. The PS+ model was (and still is, given that this reduction is likely to make room for PS4 content) totally unsustainable for developers and publishers. I'd get in trouble with friends of mine if I gave out details, but the amount of money that developers (especially small ones) get for putting their games on PS+ is not particularly good for them, and it's created an environment on the PS Store that almost nobody buys anything any more because "it'll be on PS+ soon so why would I pay for it". If you still buy stuff, great, but there are a lot of people on this thread saying that they get a lot of their gaming content from PS+, so even anecdotally in this community this is true.

I'd actually like to see the amount of free games on PS+ reduced to one per month for each platform, perhaps with more discounts to make up for it. This way, it will encourage people to go back to the old practice of buying things whilst still giving enough good savings for people to still value PS+ as a service.

• Like 3

This is not a popular opinion, but this is actually a really good thing. The PS+ model was (and still is, given that this reduction is likely to make room for PS4 content) totally unsustainable for developers and publishers. I'd get in trouble with friends of mine if I gave out details, but the amount of money that developers (especially small ones) get for putting their games on PS+ is not particularly good for them, and it's created an environment on the PS Store that almost nobody buys anything any more because "it'll be on PS+ soon so why would I pay for it". If you still buy stuff, great, but there are a lot of people on this thread saying that they get a lot of their gaming content from PS+, so even anecdotally in this community this is true.

I'd actually like to see the amount of free games on PS+ reduced to one per month for each platform, perhaps with more discounts to make up for it. This way, it will encourage people to go back to the old practice of buying things whilst still giving enough good savings for people to still value PS+ as a service.

What the hell? Why would you prefer buying games rather than getting them for free?? 1 game/month, is a pretty bad idea

• Like 1

i don't have a lot of money for games,  but like "pie" i would still be happy if we got less.  maybe 1 title for each platform and a psn indie game.  id still sub and wouldn't complain

What the hell? Why would you prefer buying games rather than getting them for free?? 1 game/month, is a pretty bad idea

Because, as I said, this model is unsustainable. Better to have less now than to have nothing at all later because the platform becomes inviable to release games on due to PS+ being to strong to compete with. Don't think of it as "I get less games now", think of it as "there's a disturbingly real chance that if I get more games now, there won't be any games at all to buy or get for free later".

Because, as I said, this model is unsustainable. Better to have less now than to have nothing at all later because the platform becomes inviable to release games on due to PS+ being to strong to compete with. Don't think of it as "I get less games now", think of it as "there's a disturbingly real chance that if I get more games now, there won't be any games at all to buy or get for free later".

Still, I'd rather have them all free NOW, than 1 free/month because you have to pay 1 year to play 12 games. Paying 1 year and getting 45 games is far better, I don't care if I have or not games for free in the future since I already have loads of games to play

granted that may be the case i think it might be opposite, how many people would actually have played any of these titles if it wasnt for PS+, so to expose the titles to a whole new audience will garner more attention to their work and boost sales for DLC, and majority of these titles that have been released are past their viable lifespan to generate any kind of income

I may be in the minority here, but for me money is not an issue and can buy most games on launch, but I still like what PS+ has to offer and I don't regret getting the service. I agree not all can afford day 1 releases and kind of rely on PS+, which is absolutely fine. as they have the opportunity to pick and choose which games, if any, they will get on launch.

Saying that PS+ is crap is utter bullshit. You don't like the service, fine, but keep that Holier Than Though attitude out of here. Even though I can afford new releases, doesn't give me the right to shit on anyone who can't. We don't know their circumstances and if that 50.00 a year for PS+ keeps their gaming needs happy, then it's nobody's business. 

As it stands, I am contemplating cancelling some of my pre-orders just solely for the fact that I shell out 60.00 plus and I don't get around to playing them right away because I have so many other games, both physical and digital, and yes, some from PS+ that I never considered buying UNTIL it became Free on +, that it's almost like I am wasting money because by the time I do get around to them, they are 30.00 or less. Out of the 8 games I bought on launch this year, I have only played 2 of them, and the others are still in plastic.

As for them offering only 2 PS3 games a month? I am OK with it, but it does hurt others. But Sony is gearing up for PS4, so who knows what's in store for the service. Hopefully they rescind on this as PS4 won't have much of a library on launch and I don't see that many cool games for Vita coming out that can keep justifying 2 Vita titles.

Edited by Paulie1313

Keep in mind a lot of PS+ games have DLC.

I've already forked over £7.99 on DLC for Kingdom of Amalur, and plan on spending another £7.99 on the other pack. That's £15.98 gained from a single person who had never even heard of the game (never used to care for RPGs till I got Ni no Kuni). Imagine how many other people may have bought that DLC due to PS+

• Like 1

Keep in mind a lot of PS+ games have DLC.

I've already forked over £7.99 on DLC for Kingdom of Amalur, and plan on spending another £7.99 on the other pack. That's £15.98 gained from a single person who had never even heard of the game (never used to care for RPGs till I got Ni no Kuni). Imagine how many other people may have bought that DLC due to PS+

This is definitely a valid point, and I suspect that it'll have some impact to counter the problem, but I think that the proportion of people who'll buy the DLC is small compared to the proportion of people who'll say "thanks for the free game" and have done with it. Numbers on this subject would be very interesting, however, especially seeing as the people I know who have had content on PS+ didn't release DLC for their games.

I have had my subscription to Plus since the day it was launched. What sold it to me then was the automatic updates and the cloud saves. My gaming time is precious so it was well worth the £40 a year to not have to wait to install patches and updates to games. When I would buy a new game I would stick it in the PS3 and once it started I would exit out of the game, that way the PS3 installed the patches etc the next day when I was at work and it would allow me to enjoy an evening of gaming at something else.

It was well over a year until Plus starting giving free games - you got discounts and occasionally free dlc previously.

Of those free games I have bought lots of DLC for them, and oddly a great deal of this I haven't yet got around to playing.

For me the games on the Vita have been the godsend. I have managed to fill a 32GB card with games that Plus gave me.

Now many a time the free game that has been offered is one that I already own but here is the rub, Plus costs £40 a year, a new game costs £40 on day one.

I was able to justify Plus to myself when it didnt give games at all, I ain't going to cry into my cornflakes that I have only been able to enjoy £300 worth of free PS3 games over 2 years because I already owned the other £1000 worth of stuff that was offered on Plus.

I have only bought 2 games for my Vita due to the quality of stuff offered on Plus. I cant fathom the value of the stuff that I have downloaded but I am willing to bet that there is £500 of free games on my Vita.

I renewed my Plus sub in the summer and to be quite honest the service has only improved each year I have had it. One quality premium title and one indie for each of the PS3, Vita and PS4 per month would be generous to my mind, but with one caveat - a crossbuy/crossplay game should not count as the one game for both consoles its on!

And if they are giving a free PS4 game every month when I finally get around to purchasing my PS4 early next year I should have a couple of games in the cupboard to get me started!

Edited by Nasty_Rory
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying join ps+ on my other id.. I just love I get free games and I dont have time to play :D

one month got 2 games ps3&vita I think it's enough for me..

6month I'll say wow I have so much games

Still I'm busy with other games -___-'