Is your PS5 Vertical or Horizontal?

QQQ_AX

How do you have your PS5 set up?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How do you have your PS5 set up?

• Vertical
    • Horizontal

idk about best cooling, but horizontal it's only touching the base that it comes with which I find interesting. I'd imagine that helps to keep it from getting hot since the surface is limited unlike placing it on a desk or something. I think it has an interesting look horizontal as well. I pretty much had to put it horizontal, otherwise it would cover part of the tv because it's so tall.

• Like 1

Vertical. I have it on it's own stand. Love how it looks that way.

Sony’s Yasuhiro Ootori has said that the PlayStation 5‘s cooling performance will remain the same regardless of how players position the console.

"From the designer’s point of view, there is no difference in cooling performance between vertical and horizontal installation. I think some people think that the heat dissipation efficiency should be higher in the vertical installation due to the chimney effect. However, in a cooling system with an active fan (electric fan), the chimney effect is at the measurement error level. It works according to the specifications in both horizontal and vertical installation. Personally, I like the vertical placement where the top and bottom of the “PS logo” can be seen correctly (laughs)."

PSLS

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

I have a digital edition, and I put it vertically with the base attached. On top of a desk. Airflow for days. I prefer the vertical look, as well. (The only thing I don't like is that the USB ports are in the middle)

It would not surprise me if a significant percentage of people having issues have stuffed it into an entertainment centre where it barely fits, and probably without the base, too. The instructions tell you to make sure the rear of the PS5 is at least 4" away from the wall.

I just got mine about 20 minutes ago and after realizing that it won’t actually fit in my entertainment console, it’s currently vertical on a slab of wood in front of the entertainment unit until I figure out a better setup!  I have one of those 4 by 2 IKEA cube bookshelves on its side and I have consoles in each cube, but I guess I’ll have to do something different now!