String it together vid

Kcrack_Km

5 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

Quick question, for this trophy do you have to get gold on ALL the trials within this trial or just the overall time to get gold? 

If you mean the other previous 15 trials then no, there were three left that I hadn’t had gold on at the time of completing this last trial. If you mean this trial specifically, all that matters is you finish under 10 minutes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

If you mean the other previous 15 trials then no, there were three left that I hadn’t had gold on at the time of completing this last trial. If you mean this trial specifically, all that matters is you finish under 10 minutes.

Thanks for clarifying! For a second I thought you had to get gold in all knitted knight trials while going for this AND get under 10 minutes!

41 minutes ago, MrBeens said:

Good god, I think you did that the most difficult way possible.  That was super stressful to watch.

You have plenty of time.  No need to go spastic with the rolls.  Just run smoothly.

https://youtu.be/vEsfQfR38Cw

Rolling = move faster. It’s a timed trial and it’s not that hard to hold circle. There also weren’t any other vids at the time, that’s why I uploaded mine as a reference. You also chase unnecessary clocks during the final part and almost fell to your death, that’s exactly what my run avoids.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Rolling = move faster. It’s a timed trial and it’s not that hard to hold circle. There also weren’t any other vids at the time, that’s why I uploaded mine as a reference. You also chase unnecessary clocks during the final part and almost fell to your death, that’s exactly what my run avoids.

Heh.  I actually did fall to my death in the final clock section one time before I actually got it.  

16 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Good god, I think you did that the most difficult way possible.  That was super stressful to watch.

You have plenty of time.  No need to go spastic with the rolls.  Just run smoothly.

https://youtu.be/vEsfQfR38Cw

Wow! What an awesome run! You make it look really easy. I'm totally going to take my time now and maybe roll in some sections where I thought you could've just to save some time. I have a lot more confidence going for this trophy now.

• Like 1

This challenge is a real pain in the ass just to complete! I'm up to light trial which has the disappearing platforms but can't get past it.....

I hate the fact Sackboy takes hardly any hits to die. They should've put a checkpoint halfway through. Otherwise the other parts are pretty easy (except the cactus platform part) and I think the final section will be enough to take my time below 10 minutes without using the exploit. I'll try again tomorrow and hopefully my luck changes.

Edited by thedarkness91

1 minute ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Not sure which exploit you're referring to, mate? 

My mistake, I thought I was asking the person who discovered the glitch which allows you to get 00:00 if you roll into the finish line, link here;

Congratulations on your success, I watched your run and it would probably give me a heart attack trying to replicate that.

2 hours ago, l33sar54 said:

My mistake, I thought I was asking the person who discovered the glitch which allows you to get 00:00 if you roll into the finish line, link here;

Congratulations on your success, I watched your run and it would probably give me a heart attack trying to replicate that.

Just looked up that exploit, honestly you probably wouldn't even need it on this trial because the hardest part is just getting to the end, and you'll most likely have enough time left anyway if you grab all the clocks during the final part. 

Rolling isn't necessary either as MrBeens pointed out, but it's still faster than running so you might as roll anyway during the safer parts. 

• Like 1

OMG I did it!! Took many hours but I finally got a good run and made it to acquire the trophy! 

I got hit right at the start of the large rockets and thought I'd be dead before reaching the end but decided to try anyway and made it right through the end! By the time I got to the time clocks, I was nearly at 11 minutes so I had to do some jumping back and forth between platforms to get nearly all the clocks then in the very platform riding sequence before the finish line, I was at 10:10 and had to go back and get all the clocks in this area but finished with a time of around 9:50ish. 

I took a really slow approach and only rolled in safe areas. I probably took the longer route around certain areas and rode on the platforms where the cacti are i.e. didn't jump to shortcuts etc. 

Really bloody stoked! I also found a good grind spot for Collectabells and then farmed them for 30 minutes to get the last few pieces of costume wear for the platinum and my third plat on PS5. What a great way to end the week!

Edited by thedarkness91
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 4:16 AM, thedarkness91 said:

I also found a good grind spot for Collectabells and then farmed them for 30 minutes to get the last few pieces of costume wear for the platinum and my third plat on PS5. What a great way to end the week!

Please share this location.  I'm trying to completely 100% the game and have all the costumes from Zom Zom's but there are still a lot of individual pieces and emotes left to buy.

7 hours ago, MrBeens said:

Please share this location.  I'm trying to completely 100% the game and have all the costumes from Zom Zom's but there are still a lot of individual pieces and emotes left to buy.

The level Crate Expectations....keep taking out all the archer bugs as they award you 3 Collectabells. It's really tedious but it worked for me...I had to grind for about 20-30 minutes. Apparently there is an even better grind location on a different forum but I can't find the post.

16 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

The level Crate Expectations....keep taking out all the archer bugs as they award you 3 Collectabells. It's really tedious but it worked for me...I had to grind for about 20-30 minutes. Apparently there is an even better grind location on a different forum but I can't find the post.

Thanks.  I found the other spot, it's the first level in the second world with the 3 large bell eggs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! A doubt. We are in 4 friends trying to get this trophy, all playing together. If one of us reaches the end, at the right time, does everyone win the "String it Together" trophy? Or just the one who didn't die?

It is much more fun to play like this, knowing that the first one you can help everyone else. But will the trophy really fall for everyone?

1 hour ago, laddyvalentine said:

Hi guys! A doubt. We are in 4 friends trying to get this trophy, all playing together. If one of us reaches the end, at the right time, does everyone win the "String it Together" trophy? Or just the one who didn't die?

It is much more fun to play like this, knowing that the first one you can help everyone else. But will the trophy really fall for everyone?

Trophy pops for everyone.  Ive ran 30+ people through and they have all gotten the trophy.   I was the host everytime. But it seems only the host gets the 3 scoreboard orbs.  

Edited by xTaterNutsx
  • Like 2