Climax Battle Warning

JEDLander

PSA that some genius thought climax battle progress should only save once you exit back to main menu. I thought it saved automatically (like.. uh.. every single other game that I have played..) and turned my console off on the climax menu. After I'd just got done spending a few hours getting through the first 3 categories of them. Came back to find all of my progress was lost.

After finally clearing the roadblock that was 100% completion, I thought I'd dealt with enough bullshit from this game. Apparently not.

• Like 1

Ouch. I feel your pain. In this and other games of the franchise I would often beat a few battles and forget to back out before turning off my console. I agree that they could’ve implemented the save feature better for this part of the game and decided to keep it this way for Zero and Kiwami.

Congrats on 100% completion. Not many game owners have the patience to do that.

Edited by FearElemental

• 1 month later...

Is there a general consensus on which climax battles are the hardest, I've been doing them after they unlock after each chapter in the story and so far the ones that have had me tearing my hair out are Majima Melee 2 and 6 and millionaire battle 2, A few others have felt like luck when I've done them as well 

I see a lot of people saying that 3 is the hardest to platinum and I've platinumed it so I'm sure I can make it through this just some of them are so annoying 

12 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

Is there a general consensus on which climax battles are the hardest, I've been doing them after they unlock after each chapter in the story and so far the ones that have had me tearing my hair out are Majima Melee 2 and 6 and millionaire battle 2, A few others have felt like luck when I've done them as well 

I see a lot of people saying that 3 is the hardest to platinum and I've platinumed it so I'm sure I can make it through this just some of them are so annoying 

Some of the battles are annoying in 0 but the most of the people will tell that Ultimate 2 is the hardest battle because of the last encounter, Sera. You can either bait him to throw punches or leg sweep before your Breaker combo or build Heat with the Thug style and use the Slugger style Heat actions. I agree that 3 is the hardest platinum but that's mainly because of Pool, Darts (maybe), Golf, and if you're playing the remastered version Mahjong along with some of the Ultimate Skill Match mode matches (I still have no idea about how I defeated IF7 Kiryu lol). If your controller also has drifting issues or similar, those sprint sequences just become a lot more irritating (I mean on 3, not 0). Also 3's combat system is broken so you'll have to rely on counters more than combos.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

4 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

I think I'm done can't even get Sera to green in ultimate 2, great game ruined by the climax battles but then again that's true of almost every Yakuza game, thank god they've took them out in the last few 

I found climax battles to be very enjoyable since they are not too hard but test your proficiency at the combat. EX-HARD or legend has always been pretty easy and climax battles really test your mettle. 

2 minutes ago, elcrest_ said:

I found climax battles to be very enjoyable since they are not too hard but test your proficiency at the combat. EX-HARD or legend has always been pretty easy and climax battles really test your mettle. 

Maybe I went a little over the top with saying they ruin the games, I've managed to do them all in other games maybe I'll try again once I'm calmer 

How would you rank the Yakuza 0 climax battles against yakuza Kiwami?

I was planning the get all the achievements in 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2, I've already gotten the platinum on Kiwami 2 so I know that can be done easily 

On 12/30/2020 at 5:54 PM, Thomas2400 said:

Maybe I went a little over the top with saying they ruin the games, I've managed to do them all in other games maybe I'll try again once I'm calmer 

How would you rank the Yakuza 0 climax battles against yakuza Kiwami?

I was planning the get all the achievements in 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2, I've already gotten the platinum on Kiwami 2 so I know that can be done easily 

Like in zero, some of the climax battles can be difficult like the arase long battle and fight with fully unupgraded dragon style, but otherwise they're fine