Have you had any issues with your PS5?

GizMo_The_Great

Have you had issues with your PS5?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option below that best describes your experience with your PlayStation 5 so far.

• No issues at all.
    • The odd application/game crash.
    • Miles Morales crashing constantly.
    • CoD Cold War crashing constantly.
    • All games crashing constantly.
    • Data transfer issues.
    • Rest Mode issue.
    • DualSense issues.
    • Stuck in database rebuild loop.
    • Graphical bugs.
    • PlayStation Network connection issues.
    • Data Transfer issues.
    • External drive issues.
    • Console had bricked completely.

There seems to be more reports daily of PS5 systems that are suffering from minor, to major issues. I wanted to run a poll as a way to very roughly gauge how widespread these issues are. I have included all currently known issues as well as other potential problems. Feel free to comment about your experiences, or draw attention to any issues that may not be on this list.

(This is not meant to serve as a full cross reference, or suggest how likely potential issues are, it is merely to fulfil my own curiosity)

Edited by DaivRules
Formatting

I've had mine (Digital Edition) since Friday. No real issues, aside from the fan being a little louder than I expected. I can hear a bit of a buzz when the fan is spinning, but it's really only noticeable when the room is quiet. Also, it's located about 1 metre away from my head.

Some usage details:

- I have played PS5 games (Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax) and PS4 games (Spelunky, Gems of War, Taiko no Tatsujin, Coffee Talk). Zero issues with any games. Granted, I don't think any of these games would stress the system out..

- I have used rest mode.

- I transferred data from PS4 over wifi

- I have not used an external drive

- My PS5 is sitting on top of a desk with plenty of airflow space. Vertical with the base attached.

EDIT: Apparently, the "fan noise" is actually coil whine, based on other people's videos. But still, doesn't seem like a big deal because in most cases, the game audio will cover it up. .. Based on googling, coil whine is not a "bad" thing and could even go away or get quieter as the console is used more.. 

Edited by peffsi
fan noise = coil whine?

Got mine last Thursday, no issues so far. Mine is placed vertically with the base attached, no airflow issues as it has lots of space on all sides. I put it in rest mode when not in use. Games played are Astro’s Playroom and Bugsnax. User info and game saves (but not games) were transferred over from PS4 Pro via Ethernet. It’s nice and quiet and I can’t even tell when it’s on beyond the lights pulsing.

• Like 1

Got mine in the afternoon on the 12th. I've played Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax & Miles Morales. I've installed some PS4 games, but have yet to try them on the PS5. Had it on most of the day Thursday-Sunday, leaving it in rest mode overnight. I wanted to display it horizontally, but it feels surprisingly unstable. So for now, it's vertical with lots of air flow. These are my issues so far:

Unexpectedly loud when installing a disc-based game. But once it's done, it's super-quiet.

Experienced 3-4 database rebuilding crashes within about 3 hours while downloading multiple games and simultaneously playing Miles Morales. I looked it up as it was happening, and some people were sharing similar experiences. Seems to be happening to some units when doing multiple processes at the same time. Hopefully a patch fixes this. I haven't done that since the first day, and I haven't experienced the database issue since.

I've got a fair amount of confidence in what Sony releases at launch, and nothing so far is cause for concern for me. Let's see what the first update brings us!

No issues whatsoever and I've had mine since the 13th. I've played Bugsnax, Astro's Playroom, PS5 Version of Dead by Daylight and Cold War.

Looks great, plays great. I hear no sounds from the PS5 but my room stays super loud so I don't think I'd be able to notice.

I have my the disc version of the PS5 on the vertical stand.

I hope the majority of people don't have any issues because I'm really enjoying mine.

Probably put 18 or so hours in so far.  The only bad experience I had so far was Astro's Playroom crashing my system to the point of me having the unplug the system.  This was only half an hour or so after setting up the ps5.  Nothing else of concern besides one crash with Miles Morales.

PS5 has been nice and quiet so far, even when playing an extended session of Spiderman for 6 hours or so the other day.  Only noticeable sound I've had from the PS5 is the disc spinning.

Edited by rdawgwizardry

Ive had it since launch and have played like 5+ hours a day on it. No hitches. Only game that crashed was Metro Exodus but that game did me a favor by crashing (gotta love the stuttery 30fps) so its no biggie. PS5 is very quiet. Bugsnax was great fun and I really like the new controller.

23 minutes ago, grimydawg___ said:

I'm good.  Enjoying Spider Man and NBA 2K21

Show off.

5 minutes ago, shadow_rider456 said:

My Dualsense does not charge while my PS5 is in rest mode. anyone else?

Don't use rest mode. Ever. On anything.

• Like 1

Still factory sealed since launch day and with all these reports im in no rush to find out If theres any issues, plus

i didnt tell my gf i was buying a ps5 and my moneys been tight so im not trying to deal with that headache of explaining myself anytime soon

i might just wait and gift it to myself for xmas

all i know is im not putting a ps4 disc in the drive anytime soon, im not using rest mode and im definately not plugging a hdd into it

With the exception of Astro’s Playroom mine won’t start any PS5 titles. I’ve tried COD Cold War, assassins creed Valhalla and Spider-Man miles morales. When I hit play  It shuts off and I get the improper shutdown screen and a repairing database screen. PS4 games play with no issues. I’m awaiting my mail in kit from Sony for repair/replacement. ?

17 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Still factory sealed since launch day and with all these reports im in no rush to find out If theres any issues, plus

i didnt tell my gf i was buying a ps5 and my moneys been tight so im not trying to deal with that headache of explaining myself anytime soon

i might just wait and gift it to myself for xmas

all i know is im not putting a ps4 disc in the drive anytime soon, im not using rest mode and im definately not plugging a hdd into it

Can I ask why you aren't putting a ps4 disc in or adding an external hdd? I am missing something here for sure but I've read this thread.

2 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Can I ask why you aren't putting a ps4 disc in or adding an external hdd? I am missing something here for sure but I've read this thread.

Ive seen reports Via youtube people claiming to have issues playing their ps4 games off of an external hdd.

the ps5 is currently locked out from supporting external drives for storage purposes but you can still play games off of them? Id rather not run the risk right now
ive also read reports people claiming issues with the rest mode Feature and playing games during mid download before the game is 100% finished installing
idk, im just too nervous about it all right now

plus like i mentioned, i dont even wanna unbox it right now.  Im Undergoing irl problems with my ol’ lady, im not busting out a 500$ device right now even though i should plug it in at the very least To make sure everythings fine, idk, the box is pristine so id like to think my machine is working fine as intended

5 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Ive seen reports Via youtube people claiming to have issues playing their ps4 games off of an external hdd.

the ps5 is currently locked out from supporting external drives for storage purposes but you can still play games off of them? Id rather not run the risk right now
ive also read reports people claiming issues with the rest mode Feature and playing games during mid download before the game is 100% finished installing
idk, im just too nervous about it all right now

plus like i mentioned, i dont even wanna unbox it right now.  Im Undergoing irl problems with my ol’ lady, im not busting out a 500$ device right now even though i should plug it in at the very least To make sure everythings fine, idk, the box is pristine so id like to think my machine is working fine as intended

Only ps5 games are blocked from external hdd, the extra m2 slot is also blocked. Rest/sleep mode is the most diabolical idea ever created.

Everything makes sense now I've read the last part of your message. Def wrap it for yourself :)