Have you had any issues with your PS5?

GizMo_The_Great

Have you had issues with your PS5?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option below that best describes your experience with your PlayStation 5 so far.

• No issues at all.
    • The odd application/game crash.
    • Miles Morales crashing constantly.
    • CoD Cold War crashing constantly.
    • All games crashing constantly.
    • Data transfer issues.
    • Rest Mode issue.
    • DualSense issues.
    • Stuck in database rebuild loop.
    • Graphical bugs.
    • PlayStation Network connection issues.
    • Data Transfer issues.
    • External drive issues.
    • Console had bricked completely.

Issues I've remedied (still not fully fixed) so far from my PS5:

- Database corrupted, rebuild loop whenever I visit game library. Managed to fix it through Safe Mode Rebuild Database option. Still sometimes get this error when I restore my licenses.

- Games getting deleted after I eject the game disc, having to reinstall games and redownload update files constantly. Managed to fix this by waiting for PS5 to initiate everything instead of hitting Copy when I insert a game disc.

- Games taking 3-4 mins before PS5 finally automatically decides to copy the game and download updates to the internal ssd. Hitting Copy button produces issue above. 

I've been theorizing that these errors and issues might have to do with inserting a game disc while initially booting/setting up the PS5. Sony asks you to insert a disc while setting up so it can install while you're still busy configuring stuff but I just have a hunch that that causes the database to get screwed somehow. I've experienced the database corrupt rebuild loop the first time when I was still at initial setup, AFTER Sony told me to insert a game disc so it can install. I'm most likely wrong but that's what I've been thinking is the source of all my headaches with PS5 so far. I hope they release a system update that addresses these issues pretty soon. Otherwise I'll probably just return it and get it fixed/replaced.

My streak of getting lucky with launch consoles has finally ended, and with a massive karma lol. I must have gotten one of the most troublesome launch units ever. Luckily I haven't experienced any game crashes yet. Or rather I'm lucky my console hasn't bricked....yet. 

Anyone know how I can send these issues to PlayStation to notify them that these issues exist? 

Edited by PostGameBlues

Spider Man MM caused a system crash that shut down the system. Then as I rebooted, it told me my external drive was corrupted. After this message it just sat on a black screen. I had to force reboot to get back into the system. Everything works again but I'm afraid to play Spider Man lol

20 hours ago, shpank-e said:

Got mine in the afternoon on the 12th. I've played Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax & Miles Morales. I've installed some PS4 games, but have yet to try them on the PS5. Had it on most of the day Thursday-Sunday, leaving it in rest mode overnight. I wanted to display it horizontally, but it feels surprisingly unstable. So for now, it's vertical with lots of air flow. These are my issues so far:

Unexpectedly loud when installing a disc-based game. But once it's done, it's super-quiet.

Experienced 3-4 database rebuilding crashes within about 3 hours while downloading multiple games and simultaneously playing Miles Morales. I looked it up as it was happening, and some people were sharing similar experiences. Seems to be happening to some units when doing multiple processes at the same time. Hopefully a patch fixes this. I haven't done that since the first day, and I haven't experienced the database issue since.

I've got a fair amount of confidence in what Sony releases at launch, and nothing so far is cause for concern for me. Let's see what the first update brings us!

Same, it gets really loud when copying data from a disc for me as well. 

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Show off.

Don't use rest mode. Ever. On anything.

Rest mode is extremely useful, why the apprehension? 

23 hours ago, peffsi said:

I've had mine since Friday. No real issues, aside from the fan being a little louder than I expected. I can hear a bit of a buzz when the fan is spinning, but it's really only noticeable when the room is quiet. Also, it's located about 1 metre away from my head.

Some usage details:

- I have played PS5 games (Astro's Playroom, Bugsnax) and PS4 games (Spelunky, Gems of War, Taiko no Tatsujin). Zero issues with any games. Granted, I don't think any of these games would stress the system out..

- I have used rest mode.

- I transferred data from PS4 over wifi

- I have not used an external drive

- My PS5 is sitting on top of a desk with plenty of airflow space. Vertical with the base attached.

The good thing about the fan is that it can be actually updated through a software update.

13 hours ago, Helyx said:

Show off.

Don't use rest mode. Ever. On anything.

I've had my PS4 for over 6 years and I always put it in rest mode. Never had a single issue. Also, stop complaining about not getting a PS5. Your not the only person not get one. So suck it up and wait patiently like the rest of us.

• Like 3

Owned it for 2 hours so far, still installing some games.

Had to turn off the lady speaker, she was lovely at first but became tedious after 20 minutes :)

Not an issue as such but my digital version of The last of us had an error whilst downloading, probably Sony's servers, and then when I went to start the game the disc tray started up (I had Ghost of Tsushima disc in there at the time) and then when i went to quit my digital version of TLOU I saw an icon for 'Eject disc'.

All a bit early days, I need to plug my PS4 Pro back in, seems i didnt upload my latest Yakuza zero save to cloud, thought it would have done it by itself.

Just to say what we already know, this PS5 is a huge intimidating beast and the dual shock is satisfyingly heavy (although not bright white, more of an off white which surprised me).

I've just picked up my PS5... And it won't read discs. And yes, I'm making sure the disc face the correct way ? 

Nothing happens when I insert the disc, except a lot of noise from the drive. I've talked with Sony and they want me to send it in for repair. 

This really, really sucks... 

2 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

See my reply above. I managed to work around it with a band aid fix. Did you also insert a game disc during the initial setup like Sony told you to do?

I never inserted a disc during setup. I heard prior that it causes problems so I didn’t risk it.

3 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

Does anyone know why a game deletes itself when taking out the disc?

Happened to me for Miles so far. I remedied it by turning off the internet and installing the game. Once done, launch the game. Quit once u hit the splash screen and then eject disc(game should not auto delete now). Connect to the internet again and put disc back in. Launch game again and Quit(Patches should start installing now that u are connected to the internet). Let patches fully install and then start the game. After this whenever u eject, it shouldn't auto delete. Hopefully that helps. This has been the biggest issue for me so far(Got the system today). Can't use it much till next fri due to exams so hoping I dont run into other issues

I've had 4 crashes:

Day 1:

System froze entirely while playing Astro's Playroom; had to shut down the console by holding the power button

System froze entirely while in the system menus (games section of profile); had to shut down the console by holding the power button

Day 2:

System fully crashed while playing Spider-Man: MM

Day 6 (The new system update had been downloaded):

System froze entirely while playing Spider-Man: MM and then began to make a really loud, horrible screeching kind of noise; had to shut down the console by holding the power button

So, no exact trends/consistency I don't think? 

Out of the potential bugaboos that can apparently cause issues (that I've seen seen some people mention): I don't use an external HDD, I've never put the console in rest mode. I did do a PS4 data transfer (via wi-fi) during start up and do use a LAN cable.

I've got a good amount of anxiety about my PS5 lol. That noise it made the other day was terrifying ngl. I'm hoping that I don't have a hardware issue and the crashes I've experienced are not indicative of a greater problem and are just some bugs/software issues that will be patched or won't persist.

First day with the PS5 and I've noticed the controller isn't turning itself off even when I haven't touched it for like 40 minutes despite having the option to turn off after 10 minutes on. At least 3 times I have looked at it (whilst not charging) and noticed it was still on when I hadn't used it for long periods.

I finally got mine earlier today and so far the only issue I’ve had is one where I have to let the console install discs itself. If I click the copy button, it installs, but then as soon as I eject the disk, the game gets deleted from the system. Seems like an easy fix with a firmware update. But it’s a very unusual bug to have.

10 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

Does anyone know why a game deletes itself when taking out the disc?

This is happening to a lot of people. When you insert a disc, Do Not Press Copy. Wait until the console starts installing the game itself.

It can take a minute or two, but if it doesn’t start automatically, eject the disc and insert it again. 

It’s a stupid bug to have. But for some reason, if you click the copy button, it doesn’t install properly and when you remove the disc, it deletes the game.

Edited by GizMo_The_Great

9 hours ago, Cleggworth said:

Is anyone running PS4 games from an external drive without any issues at all?

I've read about failures but no positive reports. Is that because there is none or just you only hear from people who have complaints?

Yes me, this is the model. WD My Passport 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0  (Blue)

WD My Passport 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 [2019] (Blue)

• Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 0:03 PM, shpank-e said:

Experienced 3-4 database rebuilding crashes within about 3 hours while downloading multiple games and simultaneously playing Miles Morales. I looked it up as it was happening, and some people were sharing similar experiences. Seems to be happening to some units when doing multiple processes at the same time. Hopefully a patch fixes this. I haven't done that since the first day, and I haven't experienced the database issue since.

pretty sure the patch or day of firmware update fixed that. Mine had the issue the 11th. day before it was released to public. Update stopped it. But it was also while i transfered my ps4 save data over. However i dont plan to play any ps4 game on my ps5.

also i had data rebuild only happen once.

demons souls app crashed one time in Nexus.

also people who don't get warranty on consoles are kinda dumb. i have warranty so anything happens,  the next ps5 in store becomes mine.