Have you had any issues with your PS5?

GizMo_The_Great

Have you had issues with your PS5?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option below that best describes your experience with your PlayStation 5 so far.

• No issues at all.
    • The odd application/game crash.
    • Miles Morales crashing constantly.
    • CoD Cold War crashing constantly.
    • All games crashing constantly.
    • Data transfer issues.
    • Rest Mode issue.
    • DualSense issues.
    • Stuck in database rebuild loop.
    • Graphical bugs.
    • PlayStation Network connection issues.
    • Data Transfer issues.
    • External drive issues.
    • Console had bricked completely.

My PS5 came yesterday, but I'm holding it back as a joint present between myself and my partner for Christmas as we're moving into our new house the week after (also primarily Xbox). I don't have any numerical backing to this but the PS5 seems to have had significantly more issues that the Xbox Series X (can't comment on X) both in terms of hardware and crashing/save date/rest mode issues. Really hope my PS5 works ok...

On 17/11/2020 at 7:16 PM, Japanime_Gamer said:

I think you mostly hear from people when they are having problems, and far less so from people who have no problems.

So if I read tommorow 100 different people say that their PS5 was faulty I wouldnt be too alarmed, as there will be many hundreds of thousands of perfectly working PS5's that we won't hear about.

This is a very fair point, though. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I got database rebuilding three times, including right after I set up so wasn’t a great first impression lol. saw someone mention it was related to downloading (which makes sense as if had stuff downloading each time) and that restarting the system would fix it for good and haven’t had the issue since. Even while downloading three games. 

other than that, the disc drive is still really noticeable and loud and reads the disc for seemingly no reason even while not playing a game. 

bugsnax crashed once. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

I just had hard crash while playing demon souls. Console completely turned off. When turned back on it was on database rebuilding. Once it was done it was stuck on black screen. Turning it off and on again made it work but my DS completely disappeared from hard drive. I checked storage and yep,it was gone. When puting disc inside it started copying again.  Save remained on hard drive tho.

It just happend so im copying then game atm. Wonder if it was one time only or will it die soon....

Edited by yoszek

Sorry to all those with issues preventing them from enjoying the PS5 including simply buying a console, I really do feel for you and hope it’s resolved very soon!

After 1 day so far from UK release I’ve not had any serious issues, just the Miles Morales game getting deleted from the console after removing the disk. I’ve only played around 30mins of that game, a couple of hours in Astro’s Playroom and apparently 3 hours of Watch Dogs Legion.

Placed the console horizontally from out of the box, charged the controller from the front USB-A port, have NOT attached any external storage, did NOT transfer anything from PS4. Have not used rest mode and have turned off the rest mode timer. I have played two PS4 games so far including one that may have issues according to the system notification (Need for Speed 2015) but didn’t experience any problems with that one.

Regardless I’m still nervous to play Miles Morales for any length of time and just dreading the moment this great experience to come to a grinding halt with some nasty crash or bricked console...

25 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

Sorry to all those with issues preventing them from enjoying the PS5 including simply buying a console, I really do feel for you and hope it’s resolved very soon!

After 1 day so far from UK release I’ve not had any serious issues, just the Miles Morales game getting deleted from the console after removing the disk. I’ve only played around 30mins of that game, a couple of hours in Astro’s Playroom and apparently 3 hours of Watch Dogs Legion.

Placed the console horizontally from out of the box, charged the controller from the front USB-A port, have NOT attached any external storage, did NOT transfer anything from PS4. Have not used rest mode and have turned off the rest mode timer. I have played two PS4 games so far including one that may have issues according to the system notification (Need for Speed 2015) but didn’t experience any problems with that one.

Regardless I’m still nervous to play Miles Morales for any length of time and just dreading the moment this great experience to come to a grinding halt with some nasty crash or bricked console...

I just found the solution,becouse just checked that the games really do remove itself from hard drive every time i remove disc.
Here is what to do if the game deletes itself from harddrive:

-remove the game from hard drive

-turn off internet connection

-restart console

-put the disc inside-it will automaticly start installing ( it never did when i had console online)

-wait for it to finish

-restart console

-turn on internet and install patch

-once done remove disc and turn off console

-turn in on wihtout game disc and check if it stayed installed (it should)

That solved my problem with self deletion.

EDIT: Also i red that all that you have to do right now is to NEVER manually copy the game from disc. Insert disc and let ps5 do it itself,it should take few mins befour it starts doing it.

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

No issues, but haven’t played much yet. Quick go of Astro but mainly downloading games from the PS Collection (which is taking forever) while working from home.

No coil whirl or crashing,

one quick question though: where can I see the controller battery status?

Press the PS button on controller to bring up that little quick menu. Then 3 icon from the right will show battery and number of controller.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 0:01 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I've had 4 crashes:

Day 1:

System froze entirely while playing Astro's Playroom; had to shut down the console by holding the power button

System froze entirely while in the system menus (games section of profile); had to shut down the console by holding the power button

Day 2:

System fully crashed while playing Spider-Man: MM

Day 6 (The new system update had been downloaded):

System froze entirely while playing Spider-Man: MM and then began to make a really loud, horrible screeching kind of noise; had to shut down the console by holding the power button

So, no exact trends/consistency I don't think? 

Out of the potential bugaboos that can apparently cause issues (that I've seen seen some people mention): I don't use an external HDD, I've never put the console in rest mode. I did do a PS4 data transfer (via wi-fi) during start up and do use a LAN cable.

I've got a good amount of anxiety about my PS5 lol. That noise it made the other day was terrifying ngl. I'm hoping that I don't have a hardware issue and the crashes I've experienced are not indicative of a greater problem and are just some bugs/software issues that will be patched or won't persist.

And now, I'm getting error code : CE-108255-1 when I try and start Poker Club (PS5 version), which I just got today. 

Apparently this code is rampant and widespread problem? Am I fucked? I've only had the one game do this specific issue.

Only issue I've had is Demon's Souls, my one disc based game so far was deleting itself when I ejected the disc, I've remedied that with just allowing the PS5 to do it automatically without touching the Copy option myself. Only other issue I've had is that Demon's Souls got stuck in Splash screen once, as well as that, would sometimes go into Splash screen and then quit instantly but I put that down to me booting the game too soon after turning the console on. Every other game seems to work flawlessly though, I really do hope Sony fix the bug with the Copy option eventually, very misleading to have if we're just meant to let it install automatically, like... why is this even an option? PS4 was just an automatic install when you put the disc games in.

Yes to the point where i needed a factory reset that i did just now

When i setup my console the first time i already got problems that resulted in "rebuilding database" screens

This happened when i was changing settings to not put the console in rest mode.

watch dogs legion & ac valhalla couldn't sync to the ps cloud

Normally i should be able to recover the saves from ubisoft cloud

dirt 5 kept crashing, the last time it happened when the game was saving.

Restarting the game gave me a pop up screen saying that the save data was damaged and had been removed.

I tried to download my save from the pscloud but because autosync was enabled it had already saved the damaged data to the cloud, i have now disabled autosync and will do it manually from now on.

I still will have to restart the game from scratch and i had already completed 4 chapters.

other problem, i bought the ultimate edition of Miles Morales (digital), the game kept crashing when i tried to start it. 

I could not find spiderman remastered in my library, i could only start the download from my laptop. After it was installed it didn't show up on my home screen.

Now that i did a factory reset the game is now available in my library on the console

i'm currently downloading my games again and hoping that my problems will be fixed now after the factory reset

My PS5 crashed while playing Spider-Man Miles Morales, and now, everytime I boot my PS5, the console starts in security mode. The only option I am able to choose is option 7 - Reinstall system software.
I downloaded the file provided in sony website and followed these instructions:

1. Using a PC or Mac, create a folder named "PS5" on a USB drive formatted as FAT32. Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
2. Access the PS5 update system website and select the "Reinstall system software" option. Download the installation file and save it in the "UPDATE" folder. Save the file as "PS5UPDATE.PUP".
3. Plug the USB drive containing the file into the PS5 system.
4. Start the PS5 in Safe Mode: press and hold the power button, releasing after the second beep.
5. Select Safe Mode option 7: Reinstall System Software.
6. Select Update from USB Storage Device > OK.
After this procedure, I received the following a message in brazilian portugues, which roughly translates to: "It's impossible to redefine the console. Select Ok to try again." I already tried several times, but I am stuck in this loop. I also tried to reach Sony's support, but they denied to help me saying that I should reach the Brazilian support, which is unavailable right now.

Haven’t gotten mine in yet but my GF got hers, only “issue” I’ve seen/heard from her console is the buzzing coil whine when in games that a lot of people are experiencing. My PS4 Pro does this as well... but it’s certainly much more noticeable in the 5 due to how silent the fan is compared to the 4.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:44 AM, KIERONOO said:

I assume the coil whine problem that’s reported goesaway after awhile? That’s what people say 

Coil Whine can improve / go away. However I’ve come to find that is rarely the case, I’ve had many PC components with CW and never noticed improvement. However given it isn’t harmful in any way shape or form to the device itself you learn to live with it over time. It’s just very annoying at first then it becomes “how my device has always sounded” to your ears.

Edited by Skurkitty

On 11/20/2020 at 5:22 PM, Cleggworth said:

It plugged in via a port on the front or the back? Read a thread somewhere and the consensus seemed to be the back ports were a no go but the front was okay

Back, it's running fantastic on both ps4 and ps5.

• Like 1

Controller doesn't charge from my console, it shows charging animation, but doesn't actually charge. Tons of people have this issue. I have to charge it on my Series X lol. UI feels very rushed and buggy. My console also has slight coil whine when playing PS5 games.