Have you had any issues with your PS5?

GizMo_The_Great

Have you had issues with your PS5?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose the option below that best describes your experience with your PlayStation 5 so far.

• No issues at all.
    • The odd application/game crash.
    • Miles Morales crashing constantly.
    • CoD Cold War crashing constantly.
    • All games crashing constantly.
    • Data transfer issues.
    • Rest Mode issue.
    • DualSense issues.
    • Stuck in database rebuild loop.
    • Graphical bugs.
    • PlayStation Network connection issues.
    • Data Transfer issues.
    • External drive issues.
    • Console had bricked completely.

On 20/11/2020 at 11:15 AM, Elvick_ said:

other than that, the disc drive is still really noticeable and loud and reads the disc for seemingly no reason even while not playing a game. 

My PS5 is doing exactly this, every hour whilst there is a disc in the drive regardless of what I am doing on the console...

Is yours still doing it?

(Also with a disc in the drive when i power up the PS5 the disc drive spins up really fast and loud for 30 seconds)

47 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

My PS5 is doing exactly this, every hour whilst there is a disc in the drive regardless of what I am doing on the console...

Is yours still doing it?

(Also with a disc in the drive when i power up the PS5 the disc drive spins up really fast and loud for 30 seconds)

Not every hour, at least not that I notice, but it does still do that yeah. I get if I’m playing the game or even if the game is open, but man it’s annoying it happens no matter what. Have no disc in there atm since I’ve platted everything I have so far and am debating going back to days gone (from ps+) or ffxv (ps+). 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Not every hour, at least not that I notice

Mine is approximately 1 hour between spin ups from the moment the console is turned on.

I have since been playing my disc games on PS4 which is crazy when I have a PS5 sat here.

Hoping a patch comes in the next few days but my biggest worry is that this is not a 'thing' and the console is simply faulty in some way.

I wouldn’t know personally. But I’ve been lightly following the news and have heard tons of reports of minor bugs and issues with the PS5 which is to be expected. No reports so far of anything major.

What I’m most curious about is backwards compatibility, since this will be the #1 reason for me to upgrade. Most of the big AAA games and newer games seem to work well, but as people dive deeper into their PS4 collections I am curious to know if we’ll start to see issues with games not running properly or other things like that.

16 minutes ago, ThalifmUS said:

My only issue so far is the fan noise but by what I have read many people are having that and it doesn't seem to be a fatal issue. Us the game sound always covers it up, I can only hear it when I pause the game really. 

Oh and I had some graphics issues with Uncharted 4 but I think it is because the game wasn't fully installed yet and I decided to start playing. It went to rebuild database on me but it did not happen again.

Now I am playing Battlefront II with some frame drops and bugs but I think thay is the game's fault. This game is buggy to its core I heard.

I've had mine since launch day (19th in Europe).

The only issues I had were some crashes (two) playing Factions MP on The Last of Us Remastered... but nothing new.

The same stuff used to happen on PS4 and may be related to the game, and not the console itself.

Edited by Byeler

I have had an incredible amount of issues on Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War only. Namely, it is impossible to finish Dead Ops Arcade 3 with a PS5 host, as the game always crashes at some point before completion.

Other than that, I haven't had any problems. 

On 11/19/2020 at 7:47 PM, DaikichiKawachi said:

I thought my disk drive didn't work the first time I used it. It took me longer then I am ready to admit before I realized that the disc was in the wrong way around. Still doesn't feel natural to me inserting the disc with the top of the BD facing to the left but it works lol.

I did the exact same thing but fixed it quickly

• Like 1

I personally haven't had any issues with mine, it runs like a dream but I've had to jump through hoops to help my sister with hers.

Despite using the exact same setup her PS4 Pro has been using for the last couple of years with no issues, the Wi-Fi on her PS5 would drop out constantly no matter what we tried, it made playing games with any sort of online component impossible. We unfortunately couldn't run a LAN connection on it as the console is upstairs & the router is in the living room on the floor below so Wi-Fi was literally the only option but as I said, she's been running her PS4 Pro like that for a couple of years with no problems. Here's the solutions I tried to get it to work:

I got her a new router. While this improved the overall Wi-Fi connections in the rest of the house, it did absolutely nothing for the PS5.

I then went into the router settings & unsynched the frequencies so that 2.4ghz & 5ghz were separate. As expected 5ghz did nothing to improve it & 2.4ghz only marginally improved it for half an hour or so before it went back to continually dropping out.

Next we got her a signal booster for the router & plugged it into a socket near the console. Believe it or not, this actually made it even worse & with the booster on she couldn't even sign into PSN.

I tried the frequencies separate again before resyncing them as it made no difference & still nothing.

Then finally on the last hurrah & on the final thing I could think of, I ran a LAN cable from the booster directly into the console so the booster was now like a mini router, (luckily we bought a booster that could do that although that was far from the intention at the time). I disabled the wireless on the console & set it up manually through the LAN connection and FINALLY it worked.

I dunno what it is with the PS5 but it's Wi-Fi is definitely having some teething issues. I did a little research after finally getting it working & it turns out she's not the only one who has had problems with it, Reddit alone has a ton of threads & people on it with various Wi-Fi issues.

Other than that though, hers is running fine now, just occasionally noisy like mine when reading a disc.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
Typos

I had an issue with Spider-Man Miles Morales yesterday where it froze during the credits and completely shut down the console. It made me panic as it wouldnt turn back on straight away which made me think it was broken. A couple of minutes later it managed to restart so it seems ok for now. I can see I am not the only one where that has happened.

15 hours ago, ThalifmUS said:

My only issue so far is the fan noise but by what I have read many people are having that and it doesn't seem to be a fatal issue. Us the game sound always covers it up, I can only hear it when I pause the game really. 

I though the PS5 was supposed to be quiet or is there a different fan noise problem?

16 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I wouldn’t know personally. But I’ve been lightly following the news and have heard tons of reports of minor bugs and issues with the PS5 which is to be expected. No reports so far of anything major.

What I’m most curious about is backwards compatibility, since this will be the #1 reason for me to upgrade. Most of the big AAA games and newer games seem to work well, but as people dive deeper into their PS4 collections I am curious to know if we’ll start to see issues with games not running properly or other things like that.

I've only had mine since Friday but have tried some Backwards Compatibility out. I had heard and seen the issue that AC Syndicate has and wanted to try for myself. When I tried launching the game from my external drive the game crashed a couple times. So I installed it on the SSD and I was able to play it. It has a weird flickering but it is only noticeable when it is the day time in game. When playing at night in game it isn't noticeable. 

As for PS5 games I have only played Astro so far and no issues at all.

41 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I though the PS5 was supposed to be quiet or is there a different fan noise problem?

Well, it is definitely quieter than my PS4 but it is not completely silent, at least not mine. It gets more noise depending on what you are playing. It is silent in rest mode except when it is downloading in the background. 

The noise is quite perceptible but it is not something that will disrupt your attention from gameplay. The game sound covers it.

But that is my PS5 and I am seating like one meter and a half give or take away from it.

Other people might have different experiences

I've had one hard system crash during a Miles Morales cutscene, but aside from that, no issues. 

Well, one other minor issue, but I don''t think it's to do with the PS5 itself. That being, when watching Star Wars on Disney+ it wouldn't display alien language subtitles. I needed to turn on full subs to see them. Anyone know how to fix that? Didn't have issues when watching on PC or PS4 D+.

Mine buzzes sometimes from vibration. It’s not any components though, as when I gently press the faceplates together it stops; seems it’s the plates themselves vibrating against the system. Likely a result of how the faceplates just slot in. It’s quite annoying actually, might have to use an elastic band to try to deaden the vibration.

Mines ran like perfection so far until today, I wouldn’t say it’s an awful thing but it has confused me 

When I got my PS5 on release day (UK) I only had Miles morales disc version, which I copied during setup. I haven’t removed the disc until this morning 

I only removed it to put TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima onto my 5, also disc versions. However on putting MM back into the PS5 it’s now doing a complete re copy. Randomly out of nowhere. It wasn’t deleted at all so this has really confused me. Anyone else had this?

This isnt a technical issue

more of a personal gripe with sony

But

i remember purchasing my ps3 and ps4 from gamestop post console launch debut And they gave me member points as a reward, several thousands of points, which i then After a while traded in for redeem codes, like PSN vouchers for just being a member and purchasing products from them, its not the greatest system and takes alot of purchases to be able to really get anything back from it, but still..its there, no special promotions required, just pay 15$ for a year and earn points on any and all purchases, wonderful!

sony has a similar thing with their sony rewards.

say you buy a digital game from the Online PSN Store, sometimes you get rewards points if theres a promotion running, but there has to be a promotion for it, pretty lame but whatever

(Something to note) Sony invited me to Preorder my ps5 via email..so i did, i pre ordered my ps5 from sony direct, along with 2 games and after taxes it was roughly $680 in total (You think i might acquire some rewards points for this right, i mean they gave me free delivery for being a PS+ member so they know im a paid subscriber, kinda like being a paid gamestop member, but thats just me being logical)

i recently bought And downloaded a New Shovelware game on PSN without knowing There was any sony rewards behind it.. i get an email from sony rewards that ive recently acquired some points from my recent Online purchase, so i log into my rewards account to see just how many points i had, maybe i can trade them in for a PSN voucher like ive done before, i mean, i just gave them $700 recently, i must have earned some rewards points from that aswell, right?

So i go to check my available points and it says i only have 356.  Meaning, i cant get shit.  So im like wtf, i literally gave them $700 for my ps5 and theyre like fuck your points but i can buy Mayo 2 and get a couple of points for that

i mean, im not mad or anything but idk

TL;DR : i shoulda pre ordered from gamestop!
(unless they didnt offer points for preordering either then idc)

Edited by Property_Damage