Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

19 hours ago, elvisfan1 said:

Let me ask this: I've platinumed No Man's Sky. If I load it on my PS5 it's a guaranteed platinum as it will autopop. 

Is that better or worse than buying and enjoying this game?

Autopop by loading a game or enjoying a 30 minute game?

Interested to see what the opinion is on this.

You make a good point because autopopping is absurd. However at the same time, the first no mans sky plat you did didn't take 10mins lol. Even with the autpop, you still took 20-30+ hours to get both plats while Mayo for both games takes about 15mins tops lmao. Comparison is all off.

Edited by Last-_-Judgment
  • Like 1

So where's the middle ground with you then?  5 hour plats? Are they ok? Or 10, 15, 20. Most Telltale games which require no skill and a single playthrough,  are they fine to have?  Or are only games where you have to grind for 500 hours,  collect 3000 collectibles, play 100 hours online and complete 15 playthroughs acceptable. 

Think you're taking trophy hunting and gaming in general way too serious.  

• Like 4

There's simple solution - you want to compete? 100% everything. You don't want to be competitive? Just play and 100% games you like. 

It's weird that more than one person can platinum games for the same psn account and they still exist on leader boards, but getting trophies in easy games is somehow not acceptable... 

Probably the most first-world-problem thread I've ever seen.

At most, I care about my profile and the way it looks to me, but that doesn't prevent me from doing what I feel like doing. And sure I am proud of, say, my Meatboy plat, and that would be the same had I played my name is mayo or similar. I don't usually do stacks, but if at some point I want to experience a game in its completion, I will. I don't usually buy stupid games (considered to be so) with easy plats, but if at some point and for whatever reason I feel like spending 2 euro on a (presumably) silly experience, I will.

I believe you are overestimating the value and especially the projection of your profiles. What are we on? Psnprofiles or Linkedin?

• Like 2

I think there is an easy solution: Playstation could change the trophy based on the rarity. If the plat has more than 10% (based on psn not on psnprofiles lol) then they should demote it to a gold trophy and automatically upgrade some bronze into silvers to keep the points of the game balanced. I think nobody that plat this kind of games would feel upset if they did that because it will just make your other plats more valuable and you would still have a 100% on the game. Right now there are videos on youtube title "20 plat trophies you can get in less than an hour". Everybody on my friend list with tons of plats have some of these 85% completed plats lol, it takes away all credibility from the number of plats they have.

On a similar note a trophy with 0.1% should change from bronze/plat to "Uranium trophy" so that people can tell how many of those cancerous trophies you wasted hours of your life on lol

Edited by GregHouse007
  • Like 2

I have to disagree with TS. I don't think there is any real value of a platinum.

It is only there to congratulate you for completing all the set achievements. YOU define the values yourself. It is on a personal level. So different person might have a different opinion or values to their platinum. So to say this game has ruined it, maybe its just you.

• Like 3

Eh, to me a Platinum just says you enjoyed it enough, and thought the list was reasonable enough, to put the effort in. I never got the Terminator: Salvation Plat because I wasn't enjoying the game and quit after an hour or so...and that's supposed to be a short and straight forward one. Likewise, I enjoyed the story and finger exercise of the first Mayo.

21 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

A - "Well actually, I played it for research purposes."

B - "My dog keeps using my psn account."

C - "Huh, no idea how that got there."

D - "Bro... I had an insane amount of drugs that evening."

I would have to go with:

E: I had too much coffee and had the jitters.

9 minutes ago, TheNekosphere said:

? Thats like bashing someone for wanting fastfood. Sometimes you don't want that deluxe SushiMenu or Caviar in the French Restaurant but just a greesy Burger. Sure if you would only eat McDonalds/Burgerking that would be not good but from time to time is completly fine.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Great analogy. ?