Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

12 minutes ago, TheNekosphere said:

? Thats like bashing someone for wanting fastfood. Sometimes you don't want that deluxe SushiMenu or Caviar in the French Restaurant but just a greesy Burger. Sure if you would only eat McDonalds/Burgerking that would be not good but from time to time is completly fine.

I feel it's more like being appalled at the guy who doesn't even bother to microwave his convenience food.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

I don't know, that last part seems pretty simple and stupid.

what do you consider a game? I'm genuinely interested in knowing, because I can't see an interaction with a jar of mayonnaise as being a game.

20 minutes ago, TheNekosphere said:

? Thats like bashing someone for wanting fastfood. Sometimes you don't want that deluxe SushiMenu or Caviar in the French Restaurant but just a greesy Burger. Sure if you would only eat McDonalds/Burgerking that would be not good but from time to time is completly fine.

Well, this is a good analogy ?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Swithop said:

I can sum it up for you: easy platinums suck, but trophies worth shit anyway, so that's no surprise, and you're lost if you can't find joy in playing as it is, and it turned out that no one gives a shit about your profile or whether you live or die, so you should probably go private, but only after you admitted that you stacked your Deep Space Rush trophies because you had a nervous breakdown while playing Super Meat Boy, so doctors suggested gaming therapy and gave you a 60$ PSN Gift Card for Ratalaika games.

Thanks 

17 minutes ago, DreadNic said:

what do you consider a game? I'm genuinely interested in knowing, because I can't see an interaction with a jar of mayonnaise as being a game.

It's the best type of game. If it gets people riled up, the game instantly becomes better than anything else on the platform. 

More of these games should be released, just so that we can easily spot and avoid the people who whine and cry.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VigilantCrow said:

It's the best type of game. If it gets people riled up, the game instantly becomes better than anything else on the platform. 

More of these games should be released, just so that we can easily spot and avoid the people who whine and cry.

This 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

I absolutely care about what others play. Let it be known that I am silently judging all of you right now...

...but I'm not going to tell you the criteria of that judgment. Well, except for one thing: I hate terms like "ecosystem". I tend to lump such people in with the ones who used to use words like "proactive" and "paradigm". 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, usapro2017 said:

The amount of crybabies and whiners on this site is astounding.

Have I played My Name Is Mayo? No

will I play the sequel? No

Do I care people other people play it? No because I have more important things to worry about in life than what other people choose to play on their profiles in their spare time.

Some people seriously seem to have nothing going on in their lives of any worth if they get so upset about this.

Leave your basements, Lose your virginity’s, get jobs, get social lives.

Trophy hunting is fun but I only care about my own trophy list.

I can’t be bothered getting to a top of a country leaderboard and play games I have no interest in.

I just hunt trophies in games I enjoy.

??

• Like 1

Wait, it's already out?!

To add some talk to the subject, sometimes you need a game to just chill out a bit. Honestly, trophy hunting it's meant to be fun, not a chore or obligation. Other than saying you did X or Y and rising a number, there's no real point in it (for me at least).

It also amazes me that, while many are shaming people for having these kinds of games on their profiles, the top of the leaderboard is built on trophy boosts like these. But whatever, bully those dang kids and their dang EZ-Plats!!!

5 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I couldn't resist the urge of clicking on those notifications. Seeing some posts I feel like I should write half a book to explain things to some, but I don't really think it would be worth the effort.

Oh and your message is beyond pathetic, I guess that makes 2 of us.

How fucking sad can your posts get? I know that playing Mayo devalues my whole gaming history, so I'm not worthy speaking to Your Majesty, but...

How sad can your posts get?

Jesus fucking Christ, I didn't thought that this thread will be this bad, but the elitism and gatekeeping is over the top. And the audacity of those people who speak like they're confident that they're speaking facts, while it's just their sad way of making themselves feel better than other people :facepalm:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vaernak said:

I've been on this website for a really long time and never really took the time to write stuff about this topic (or most topic actually) because, as you all know by now I guess, it turns pretty ugly, pretty fast, which is a shame because discussing trophies on a trophy website is something we should be able to do in a respectful manner.

That being said, I still decided to write about it here, mostly I guess to organise my thoughts on the subject.  I guess everyone is kind of right in a sense that having a leaderboard where people are ranked mostly with a level and a number of platinums make comparing one another inevitable. Sure, there are no real rewards except bragging rights I guess, if you wanna brag about trophy hunting and no one is really profiting from having a high platinum count but it's still there and I guess it bothers some people.

Having started trophy hunting when it came out like 12 years ago because I'm a usually a completionist when it comes to games, I appreciated the challenge but as I get older and have less time for game with a career, a family, etc. I accepted that I won't be able to play all the games in the world to completion.  I don't lose sleep over knowing my rank is getting worse every week but at times I take a look at who is getting ahead of me.  Sometimes I'm super impressed by profiles and sometimes it is someone with 8 stacks of 30 min platinum but everyone can play whatever they want and spend their money the way they want.  I myself appreciate an easy game to relax between longer games.  It's what I like, others have the right to be feel differently.

The thing is that every leaderboard in pretty much every game is not based on skills.  I'm playing a mobile game right now and to be on top you have to pay ridiculous amount of money to be there.  For other games, it's about grinding for hours.  I like stats and I understand people getting unconfortable about a leaderboard where getting high fast is a combination of buying easy games and stacking them.  It's like playing fantasy football and some people can have more players, or select from better teams and the other has to select a roster from the NY jets only.  

To conclude (because it's getting super long right?), the system is what it is and it clearly won't change so you have to let go.  However, we should be able to discuss and criticize it with other people who have an interest in trophy hunting, no matter how they view that hobby.

tUwr30obQjKI71ESYqnP2mUU5pecAlms20nQPfH3

Man, this post is absolutely one of the best thing I have read in the last months.

On 17/11/2020 at 2:04 PM, bosstristan said:

"Games" like that are a shame to the videogame industry, switching the incentive from gameplay/story to extrinsic rewards.

I guess some "players" dig that.

Who the hell are you to shame a video game? Are you a game tester, developer, anyone with some certification to qualify a game as "shameful"?

Hmm, I thought so... You are a just a random person like me, trying to play some games.

On 17/11/2020 at 3:05 PM, bosstristan said:

I'm astonished as to how many likes people received for defending the game.

I'm really disappointed in those "gamers".

So, you are telling me that after unlocking platinums for Black Ops 3 and AC Odyssey, which take a great amount of time, I can't enjoy some easy games as well?

I'm not a "gamer" because I played My Name Is Mayo, yet most of my platinums take days, weeks or months to achieve? 

Ridiculous comparisons out of a person who looks educated, at a first glance.

You are just being a delusional person who wants to be rewarded because you only play games that are "decent" and take a specific amount of time and skill (according to you).

In my opinion, your statements are pretty sad, keep up the good work (you have an amazing profile) and stop caring about what other people play.

Also, stop trying to shame people for playing games that they want to, that is none of your concern.

I have some hard and ultra rare plats, but I'm not here judging people for stacking ezpz games (which I also enjoy to play and rest from time consuming games, once in a while). 

There are people who unlock 1 platinum within a month and there are people who unlock 3 or 4 platinums within day, DEAL WITH IT.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, t-i-g-o said:

Who the hell are you to shame a video game? Are you a game tester, developer, anyone with some certification to qualify a game as "shameful"?

Hmm, I thought so... You are a just a random person like me, trying to play some games.

Dude - you don't need special credentials to shame a video game. I've deemed plenty of games "shameful", with only the expertise of playing them.

17 minutes ago, t-i-g-o said:

So, you are telling me that after unlocking platinums for Black Ops 3 and AC Odyssey, which take a great amount of time, I can't enjoy some easy games as well?

I'm not a "gamer" because I played My Name Is Mayo, yet most of my platinums take days, weeks or months to achieve? 

I do agree with this, though. It was my main objection to some of the ideas of a "rarity leaderboard". People act as if having 1 UR trophy and nothing else is preferable to having 500 UR trophies and a bunch of easy games. 

• Like 1