Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

2 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

So because he takes part in the System he is in mean she is not aloud to critic it? I mean you could also say he tried at least before hating on something he doesnt know. Also all he says is the value is gone. i also have played some of this games because its kinda exiting the first few times but looking back at it i also feel like this games have no value to me and i kinda regret doing it. is this hypocritical now?

I'll say it.. slowly.. He has for the last SEVERAL MONTHS consistently earned easy plats.. it's not like he got all his easy plats years ago.. he is still actively earning easy plats..

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if you have some easy plats. Almost everyone has at least couple of them. But it used to be a rarity that you could seek out to boost your platinum count a bit. Now every so-called trophy hunter just buys €$£¥50,- worth of Ratalaika crap on sale and they have over 100 platinums easily.

It would be better if the trophy level is tied to the rarity of a platinum, sure, that means your trophy level could go down if the rarity falls, but it would be a fairer leaderboard at least.

In the end, it doesn't really matter if you think about it, it's not like they meant that much before, but I can see why it bothers people that like to play for the leader boards, but don't want to waste their time with the trivial crap.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

I'll say it.. slowly.. He has for the last SEVERAL MONTHS consistently earned easy plats.. it's not like he got all his easy plats years ago.. he is still actively earning easy plats..

Gamers who enjoy easy plats might also enjoy some easy likes on a forum post.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

i`ll say it slowly. i got my last easy plat 2 days ago and it still  does not have value to me

Edited by Ich1994-1994

4 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i`ll say it slowly. i got my last easy plat 2 days ago and it still  does not have value to me

I can tell English isn't your first language so you must have missed the part where I was taking about him and not you....

As for you... If they have no value why do you still play several per month? Why 2 days ago did you buy/play an easy plat game?

If it has no value why do it? Chasing that global rank or trying to improve your average completion but must feel hollow when you can only do it by maintaining your list like that..

How you can even defend this guy when you are guilty of doing the very thing he's taking about is laughable..

Just now, IAmNotXJ9 said:

I can tell English isn't your first language so you must have missed the part where I was taking about him and not you....

As for you... If they have no value why do you still play several per month? Why 2 days ago did you buy/play an easy plat game?

If it has no value why do it? Chasing that global rank or trying to improve your average completion but must feel hollow when you can only do it by maintaining your list like that..

How you can even defend this guy when you are guilty of doing the very thing he's taking about is laughable..

i dont really see the difference between him and me. for me it was for a few of the platinums that i simply was in the mod for them and at one point my view did in fact simply change. i finished the ones i have bought already in september and that was it.
Snakeybus i actually always wanted to play on switch and when i saw it on sale i bought it without knowing the trophies. 

Anyway there is a reason for my decisions when i make them. it will probably be the same for him. also beeing in this system and beeing a former leaderboard player it is kinda frustrating to drop and drop and drop. i for example used to be rank 10 in my country. with out ever playing one of this japanese novels that were the short platinums back in the day and with barely playing any of the disney games in the 10h area just for the plat.
it is definitley a temptation to just get one of the games make a few k points and get back a rank (beeing on 30 now in my country) i mean when you get the games in sales you pay a buck per platinum and invest 1h of your life and sometimes even tho i dislike this kinda games i used to give in. i think i stopped now but who knows. maybe i am frustrated from the last exams at one point and go for the easy reward.
it simply is not as easy a topic to just say "anybody who plays this games is not allowed to critic them"

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

i dont really see the difference between him and me. for me it was for a few of the platinums that i simply was in the mod for them and at one point my view did in fact simply change. i finished the ones i have bought already in september and that was it.
Snakeybus i actually always wanted to play on switch and when i saw it on sale i bought it without knowing the trophies. 

Anyway there is a reason for my decisions when i make them. it will probably be the same for him. also beeing in this system and beeing a former leaderboard player it is kinda frustrating to drop and drop and drop. i for example used to be rank 10 in my country. with out ever playing one of this japanese novels that were the short platinums back in the day and with barely playing any of the disney games in the 10h area just for the plat.
it is definitley a temptation to just get one of the games make a few k points and get back a rank (beeing on 30 now in my country) i mean when you get the games in sales you pay a buck per platinum and invest 1h of your life and sometimes even tho i dislike this kinda games i used to give in. i think i stopped now but who knows. maybe i am frustrated from the last exams at one point and go for the easy reward.
it simply is not as easy a topic to just say "anybody who plays this games is not allowed to critic them"

You talk about value.. why can't you value what you already have.. you have some nice plats on your profile (I saw BO4).. why isn't having nice plats enough?

You can't say you don't value then if you acknowledge that you still play them regularly..

I do the same.. in the 3 years I've been trophy hunting I had 2 periods were I went crazy with easy plats.. BUT.. the difference between me and you is that I don't judge people who do this or look down on them..

The fact you defend the position of easy plats are bad while doing it yourself is just a little bit flawed.. you should be able to appreciate that..

12 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

Also not trying to be toxic or anything I just don't know what to think when someone literally says to me "easy plats are bad" while they regularly earn them.. just dumbfounded at that tbh..

1 minute ago, IAmNotXJ9 said:

You talk about value.. why can't you value what you already have.. you have some nice plats on your profile (I saw BO4).. why isn't having nice plats enough?

You can't say you don't value then if you acknowledge that you still play them regularly..

I do the same.. in the 3 years I've been trophy hunting I had 2 periods were I went crazy with easy plats.. BUT.. the difference between me and you is that I don't judge people who do this or look down on them..

The fact you defend the position of easy plats are bad while doing it yourself is just a little bit flawed.. you should be able to appreciate that..

i dont judge people at all. thats why i say they have no value "to me"
its really fine to me if anyone decides to play them. but i also am open to a discussion if the existance of this adds anything to our hobbie as a whole.
when i say they dont have value to me i mean when looking back at them. in the moment i did them i of course was happy but it s a little bit like fast food for me
a quick nice feeling but looking back at them it doesnt feel very good to have many of them. 

• Like 1

I think I might reserve this one for my 200th platinum. I have a running joke with a friend that thinks I put mayo on everything, so it will hold a special place in my trophy case and in my heart. 

But as to why I paid 3$ for Hannah Montana on Ps3... yeah, I got nothin' ?

• Like 3

I'll put this out there (not mine and haven't signed). 

https://www.change.org/p/sony-remove-platinums-from-ratalaika-games-similar-titles?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_25899541_en-CA%3A2&recruiter=1164853742&recruited_by_id=582d6c00-29c5-11eb-a402-932e7b643496&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial

Personally I platinum games solely for myself and dont really care about being a high rank on the leaderboards, only my completion rate. Nothing against the people that play these "games" as its their choice. 

On 2020. 11. 20. at 2:20 AM, Spaz said:

Over 99 percent of those 112 million who bought a PS4 don’t even have as little as 100 - 200 trophies on their account, let alone 500 - 1000. Most people will never see 100 - 200 trophies in their lifetime. They probably buy the latest Madden and Assassins Creed, play the story, then do other hobbies in life.

I've played through a number of major games over the years in a regular manner, meaning trophies were zero priority. I would say what an average, non-trophy-hunter player accomplishes unintentionally in games, provided that he takes his time to play them, usually equals either a "C" or "D" rank here on PSNP. I don't know about numbers but that means a guaranteed 20-30 trophies per titles for everyone out there who couldn't care less about this.

But that's just my assumpiton after playing less than a hundred AAA games from start to end, and I also have no clue about how many of the 112 million PS4 owners you refer to have a tendency to take gaming at least a bit seriously.

Edited by Swithop

19 hours ago, Swithop said:

I've played through a number of major games over the years in a regular manner, meaning trophies were zero priority. I would say what an average, non-trophy-hunter player accomplishes unintentionally in games, provided that he takes his time to play them, usually equals either a "C" or "D" rank here on PSNP. I don't know about numbers but that means a guaranteed 20-30 trophies per titles for everyone out there who couldn't care less about this.

Most of them have never even heard of PSNP. Granted, the average non-trophy-hunter player would likely play through the story of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, then drop the game and move on. His trophy progress would likely measure a "C" or "D" rank.

The average person doesn't play 20 - 100 games a year either, and I'm not talking Ratalaika stacks. Even if we don't count this year due to COVID-19, I already did more for trophy progress in the years 2018 and 2019 than the average person does in their lifetime. Nobody can dispute that.

The idea of trophy hunting isn't new to me. I used to play a MMORPG called Runescape around a decade ago and I was pretty high ranked in that game. I cared about the leaderboards in the same sense as some trophy hunters do on this website. Leveling up and maxing out skills and seeing your rank reach the top 1000 was a big deal for me. All this to say that leaderboards and rankings and leveling up with a stat tracker have far predated trophies. In a sense, I'm trophy hunting with the same kind of ambition as I did over 10 years ago on Runescape. The difference is I'm playing hundreds of games as opposed to just one game I stuck with for many years.

I've been someone who hasn't been the norm for a very long time. I mean sure, the vast majority of people will never give any shits towards trophies and achievements, and that's great on them. It was the same with MMOs like Runescape that had a leaderboards and rankings system, 99 percent of players didn't give a damn about any of that. Most people never finish their games. I can at least say I'm proud to be one of the select few.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Most of them have never even heard of PSNP. Granted, the average non-trophy-hunter player would likely play through the story of Spider-Man: Miles Morales, then drop the game and move on. His trophy progress would likely measure a "C" or "D" rank.

The average person doesn't play 20 - 100 games a year either, and I'm not talking Ratalaika stacks. Even if we don't count this year due to COVID-19, I already did more for trophy progress in the years 2018 and 2019 than the average person does in their lifetime. Nobody can dispute that.

The idea of trophy hunting isn't new to me. I used to play a MMORPG called Runescape around a decade ago and I was pretty high ranked in that game. I cared about the leaderboards in the same sense as some trophy hunters do on this website. Leveling up and maxing out skills and seeing your rank reach the top 1000 was a big deal for me. All this to say that leaderboards and rankings and leveling up with a stat tracker have far predated trophies. In a sense, I'm trophy hunting with the same kind of ambition as I did over 10 years ago on Runescape. The difference is I'm playing hundreds of games as opposed to just one game I stuck with for many years.

I've been someone who hasn't been the norm for a very long time. I mean sure, the vast majority of people will never give any shits towards trophies and achievements, and that's great on them. It was the same with MMOs like Runescape that had a leaderboards and rankings system, 99 percent of players didn't give a damn about any of that. Most people never finish their games. I can at least say I'm proud to be one of the select few.

Like DrBloodmoney said a little earlier in this thread: everybody has a different agenda. You max out your hobby. Others, not too much.

Edited by Swithop

Fun fact, this thread made me buy Mayo 1. Seriously. I didn't read the whole thing (has anyone?), read a few comments and one or two said that the game is funny or something. Thought it was just "press x to Jason", but with a plat instead of a kid... Well, I spent like half a dollar of my hard earned money to find out for myself. 

As someone who sometimes bought some cheap games only for the trophies AND skipped Mayo when it was free on ps plus, I'm very confused right now. 

Edited by the1andonly654
  • Like 1