Games Like My Name is Mayo 2 Ruined The Value Of Platinums

Cloud_2049

1 hour ago, Burgins said:

someone having their trophy cards displayed on a trophy site is pretty wild right?

it's a hobby. if people wanna plat the 2nd My Name is Mayo, who gives a shit

It's wild for someone who is saying trophies don't mean anything yet displays them on a trophy site. It's a contradictory statement.

I actually agree with your second point in my original post. If you enjoy getting easy platinums, all the power to you. 

6 hours ago, Cloud_2049 said:

The fact Playstation doesn't have anything to value certain Platinums higher than others makes the system garbage and has ruined the fun of it all imo. What's the point of trying to compete against people when games like this exist?

The rarity system is a thing. 

• Like 1

Sure, the game is stupid easy! I platted the 1st one but it was very much entertaining during the 5 minutes spent playing it ? The whole point of gaming is to have fun and there's no right or wrong way to do it. If people want their EZPZ plats for leaderboard gratification, then that is their prerogative as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 2

Thread created 6 hours ago and we're on 8 pages...*grabs popcorn*

Trophies mean absolutely nothing except to their own user. I don't look at someone with 1000 plats and think "Wow, they're super cool!" nor do I think "They've got easy games on there. FAKE!". If you're that bothered by other people getting "easy" trophies, then that says more about you than them. It's not your money or time that they're spending so why complain? Someone getting a plat in a Ratalaika game doesn't diminish you getting one in Devil May Cry 5 - only you're doing that by comparing them.

That being said, I've just bought the game out of spite, knowing that it'll wind people up.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cloud_2049 said:

I would delete it if I could.

Suggest hiding it if you are embarrassed by it, personally I thought the first was great fun even though it almost gave me RSI doing it.  Will I be playing the second, heck yes and no one should be judging people or being prejudiced against them for playing it, it has a great sense of humour and with this year being the crap year that it is [ worst on record] I think we could do with a bit of that, dumb purists ?

• Like 2

I don't think it can even be called a game, in my view a game should start from the premise that there is a challenge (I'm not even talking about gameplay) even if it is something simple and stupid. this game, on the other hand, is only about customizing a jar of mayonnaise; there are no levels or anything to do but press buttons tirelessly until the platinum comes out. this is a type of interaction to keep children busy, an adult would never play something like that for any purpose other than inflating the profile. I understand who defends the freedom to play something like that, but it is very comical to see them defending this "game"; deep down you know that this is not a real game.

3 minutes ago, DreadNic said:

I don't think it can even be called a game, in my view a game should start from the premise that there is a challenge (I'm not even talking about gameplay) even if it is something simple and stupid. this game, on the other hand, is only about customizing a jar of mayonnaise; there are no levels or anything to do but press buttons tirelessly until the platinum comes out.

I don't know, that last part seems pretty simple and stupid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

I hate to break it to everyone, but no one cares what plats you have, they don’t care if you have 600 ratalaika plats or if you have crypt of the necrodancer. All that matters is you are having fun yourself.

I care. I wanna see where the community is heading.

• Like 1

Back in the/my good old (steam) days. This game had spicy status among me and friends.

Not because of ThE TrOPHies are to EaSY and it isn't considered a GAmE. But because this game was bassically made as a meme. 

And here we have 'my name is mayo' having an undeserved passive agresive degenerate status by both elitist and EZPZ hunters that actually think this caused / was the start of the downfall of the trophy system. 

Just chill out, it's a meme. Let it go. You have bigger things to worry about (ratgames)... 

You know what, I am just gonna buy this one and the sequel and will just add Mr messagy on top as a dessert. 

I rather do that 20 times then play an asset flip like road bustle (which people found amazing!) once. 

23 minutes ago, AgentSmiz said:

I don't know, that last part seems pretty simple and stupid.

His whole reasoning is faulty. Not a real game but stating as playing it. Jeez. 

• Like 1

Wow, you didn’t think this thread that is retreading the same stupid subject that always “blows up” would blow up? You either never come here, or are lying. 

So tired of this. Nobody cares about your profile but you, get over yourself. I wish posting these trash threads would instantly ban people. Or I could opt out of ever seeing them cross my path. 99% of people who play games think trophies are stupid and we’re all losers for caring. 99% of people on the planet think games are stupid and a waste of time. Who cares. Do what you want. If someone else having some easy plats somehow ruins your own, then that’s a you problem. 

• Like 2