How difficult is the platinum?

VoidVictorious

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, JohnlMatrix said:

Didn't think the game was difficult at all. Would maybe give it a 4 tops. But keep in mind that I also played similar games like Hotline Miami 1, 2 and Hongkong Massacre. I really like those games. So someone who is new to this type of game might have a harder time.

Would you say that this game is easier than Hotline Miami 2? If so then I will give it a try

8 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

Would you say that this game is easier than Hotline Miami 2? If so then I will give it a try

Yes, I certainly would. Granted I played Hotline Miami 2 years ago and might have gotten better since then but thinking back H2 has some annoying stuff like enemies that shoot you from offscreen. My friend Pedro never felt annoying or unfair to me.

Edited by JohnlMatrix
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DaaneS97 said:

Personally I found both games were not that hard, but that is always the problem when you ask other people on difficulty ratings. Trying from a neutral view I would maybe give a 3-4 for My Friend Pedro, it is not really difficult, you just have to make some trial and error for the A ratings. But there are good video guides out there if you struggle to keep up a combo.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just got my platinum, i decided to replay the game and i found it's a lot easier than i thougth.
to get all S-rank simply go fast and dodge a lot, use always the best weapon or try to gain bonus like "think fast"(when you kill an enemy by kicking corpse of dead one) "ricochet"(when you shoot at bouncing panel or frying pan) or "explosive"(by shoot grenades or some explosive stuff in the level).

some levels are really tricky but pretty doable.

• 8 months later...

Just did the platinum for this. Some folk have said the difficulty is more like a 3/4 but pointed out they played games like Hotline Miami. 

I've played that as well and found it very difficult and certainly found this difficult at points too. 

I'm not one for these types of games usually but had heard great things about it. I enjoyed the game but the S-Rank for all levels is, at points, a total pain in the arse. 

There are good guides out there and plenty of advice but for me, personally, some of the levels jumped this up to a 6/10. I think one of the levels I played over a hundred times. 

It is very doable, especially if you like the genre of game and I did find it enjoyable and fun - just very challenging 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I found this pretty challenging.

My Friend Pedro differs from other twin-stick shooters in that they allow you to navigate 3D space to avoid gunfire and don't ask you to platform while you do it. You're also under the clock at all times whether you're looking for a time bonus or just looking to string together a high enough combo in order to reach S-rank. I think all of the above requires a higher level of coordination and precision than "just kill the guys, don't die, and reach the exit". 

As an aside, I absolutely hated the decision to map roll to the left stick. It's imprecise and leads to unnecessary errors and deaths. 

But the RNG in The Hong Kong Massacre was absolutely ridiculous. I can see why someone would rank that as more difficult. But outside THKM's perfect aim challenges, namely day five, I found it fairly easy. You can cheese it pretty good with the assault rifle. 

• 1 year later...

I think it was a reasonably challenging game. Most of the trophies are extremely easy, however S-ranking every mission will likely test your patience. The majority of levels in the game require you to keep up a combo for pretty much the entire level, which you will learn is a lot harder than it looks initially. The combo meter depletes very fast (especially if you take damage), and most of the levels have tricky spots where you need to figure out very specific order to kill enemies or or clever ways to extend the timer while navigating platforms in between enemies.

There’s also a few levels where the S-rank can come down to literal seconds… the one Internet level with the laser maze and no combat took me several hours because I kept getting 1-2 seconds off the S-rank time, and cutting time off your run without triggering the alarms was very difficult!

Also I haven’t seen many others complain of it really, but for me personally a chunk of the difficulty came down to adjusting to the controls. From watching videos on YouTube, it seems very clear this game was designed with a mouse & keyboard in mind, and some of the controls on PlayStation are very awkward at first. Like Wags above, I lost count of the number of times I lost my combo due to the awful analog roll button, especially on sections where you move left/right and backwards and forwards across the screen. Very easy to accidentally screw up.

All in all great game though and fun challenge, definitely recommend.

• Like 1