Well this is different

Mercenary09

well i mean theres hitman. and hitman 2. ?. those are over 1000+ points each i believe.

but in regards to why one has a platinum and one doesnt i dont think this has ever happened before with stacks between different consoles. i know it happened with region stacks in regards to plague road's jp stack having 11 gold and a plat and the normal one just having an 100% list. 

maybe its an error? but if it is its a very odd one since the trophy values are also different

Even odder that its the ps5 version that lacks a plat considering its supposed to be the superior console and all. Youd think it was the ps4 version that got the 100%. Another possible theory i thought up in 5 minutes is that sony may crack down on ratalaika type lists on ps5 and while im not gonna lump this game in with those games it would be funny if that ends up being true once actual ratalaika stuff starts popping up on ps5.

25 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

well i mean theres hitman. and hitman 2. 1f602.png. those are over 1000+ points each i believe.

but in regards to why one has a platinum and one doesnt i dont think this has ever happened before with stacks between different consoles. i know it happened with region stacks in regards to plague road's jp stack having 11 gold and a plat and the normal one just having an 100% list. 

maybe its an error? but if it is its a very odd one since the trophy values are also different

That's true but Hitman had a small list that wasn't over 1000 points. It had a bunch of add-on packs to get to that. This is one standard list with almost 1000 points which has never happened before.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jgm4789 said:

Even odder that its the ps5 version that lacks a plat considering its supposed to be the superior console and all. Youd think it was the ps4 version that got the 100%. Another possible theory i thought up in 5 minutes is that sony may crack down on ratalaika type lists on ps5 and while im not gonna lump this game in with those games it would be funny if that ends up being true once actual ratalaika stuff starts popping up on ps5.

Considering Concept Destruction already has a PS5 list and that has a plat, my money is on no.

As for what I think the actual reasoning is, the 315 point cap on non-plat titles pre-PS5 is fairly restrictive seeing as it caps a game at 21 trophies even with all bronzes and a reasonable value distribution locks a game to ~12. This made sense to an extent back on PS3 when digital games were generally smaller and more importantly, XBLA had a hard limit of 12 achievements to a title at the time. As we moved through the previous generation however, even outside of Rata, there are a lot of games that have plats when they normally wouldn't have one (i.e. a shitload of walking sims, puzzle games, and assorted stuff from around 2015-2016 right before Rata came into prominence) so they can either get around how few trophies are allowed by the 315 point cap or otherwise make their trophies worth more, all while devs that were adamant enough about not having a plat for whatever reason got saddled with said limits. By unlocking the cap to at least some extent, games can have a lot more flexibility in their trophy lists without having to necessarily tack on a platinum.

How much this will actually get used, I can't really say for sure, but it should be good for any devs who've stuck to non-plat lists since they shouldn't have anywhere near the limitations that they once had.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

As a successor to Tesla vs Lovecraft, I could really care less how many trophies it has. 10tons is a great dev with some quality twin-stick titles.

It's surely odd that the two versions have different trophies though, that's for sure.

This is a Tesla vs Lovecraft sequel?

Awesome, im sold. That was a great game and im down for anything that relates to it.

EDIT: as for the fact that ps4 has a plat and not the ps5......it might be crossbuy and this is a way of negating a second plat for nothing........maybe?

Edited by the_game_nerd
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Helyx said:

As a successor to Tesla vs Lovecraft, I could really care less how many trophies it has. 10tons is a great dev with some quality twin-stick titles.

It's surely odd that the two versions have different trophies though, that's for sure.

Same it was one of my favourite twin sticks to play and was fun playing it with a buddy.

Excited they decided to do a sequel.

• Like 1

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=points&page=159

platinum trophies seem to start at games with 1260 points and above. Also, this list is identical to the PS4 but two of the trophies have been graded one step lower - so bronze instead of silver and silver instead of gold - that’s why it has a lower score and most likely lost the platinum.

I’ve emailed the developer to see if this is intentional or an error (as it could just be they submitted incorrect trophy data)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walt the Dog said:

Considering Concept Destruction already has a PS5 list and that has a plat, my money is on no.

As for what I think the actual reasoning is, the 315 point cap on non-plat titles pre-PS5 is fairly restrictive seeing as it caps a game at 21 trophies even with all bronzes and a reasonable value distribution locks a game to ~12. This made sense to an extent back on PS3 when digital games were generally smaller and more importantly, XBLA had a hard limit of 12 achievements to a title at the time. As we moved through the previous generation however, even outside of Rata, there are a lot of games that have plats when they normally wouldn't have one (i.e. a shitload of walking sims, puzzle games, and assorted stuff from around 2015-2016 right before Rata came into prominence) so they can either get around how few trophies are allowed by the 315 point cap or otherwise make their trophies worth more, all while devs that were adamant enough about not having a plat for whatever reason got saddled with said limits. By unlocking the cap to at least some extent, games can have a lot more flexibility in their trophy lists without having to necessarily tack on a platinum.

How much this will actually get used, I can't really say for sure, but it should be good for any devs who've stuck to non-plat lists since they shouldn't have anywhere near the limitations that they once had.

This all makes sense, but why would you release 2 versions of the game and change the trophies on one of them? It seems like a poor use of resources. Typically if devs re-release a game they may add extra trophies and add a plat (since that does probably lead to a few increased sales overall), but I've never seen them remove or downgrade trophies to take out a plat. Seems like shooting yourself in the foot, especially if the 2 versions are dropping at the same time. If it really is about total points on PS4 vs PS5 (and therefore the PS5 list wouldn't have had enough points), they could have made one of the silvers a gold and used the same list.

I don't really care - no plat won't stop me from buying, but if the game isn't cross buy and is the same price, I would purchase the PS4 version not the PS5 version.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, turniplord said:

https://psnprofiles.com/games?order=points&page=159

platinum trophies seem to start at games with 1260 points and above. Also, this list is identical to the PS4 but two of the trophies have been graded one step lower - so bronze instead of silver and silver instead of gold - that’s why it has a lower score and most likely lost the platinum.

I’ve emailed the developer to see if this is intentional or an error (as it could just be they submitted incorrect trophy data)

I know it is a old thread now, but did the devs ever get back to you on this?