Advice for trophys not popping

Vive_ut_vivas

So as we are all aware this game has some serious trophy popping issues.

A little back story first.

If you look at my recent trophys for this game I can tell some really interesting facts.

Lets start with HRR: Snow Trouble, this trophy should have popped on the 1st of november @8:30 pm it popped @10:36 pm.  While I was on a different route RRO to be specific.

Same goes for RRO: Top of the Class it popped 2 hours later then I officially should have got it.

And RRO: Rhein-Ruhr Living and Valley Venture both popped a full 3 hours after they should have.

Same for the New Yorker be it nearly 4 hours later.

Same for nearly all the HRR trophys all around 1 to 3 hours later then the requirements where met.

Also BR143s boardings from RSN route have been met I have about 200 boardings at this point still does not show up.

At that point I continued with some WSR achievements which did not pop at all. Both of the requirements for WSR : Summer Vacation and Preserving Heritage where met on 14th of november on 4:15pm

/5:33 pm continued running services until around 10pm and left the game on for 2 more hours on the main menu. But they were a no show.

I then deinstalled the game, deleted all savegames and data.

Reinstalled the game with only WSR downloaded additionally.

The moment I completed the 2 requirements the trophys instantly popped with no delay.

Also the game loads a hell of a lot quicker with only a small amount of the full available content installed.

Will have to see if it applies to all if I have finished all requirements for WSR I will move on to MSB All in Order first, then reinstall and try for Ruhr Sieg Nord.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Think I’m in the first stages of delayed trophies, as my 640 and 700 mile LIRR trophies aren’t popping. Everything else to this point was instant. I’ve only got 4 dlc too. Really don’t want to keep deleting and reinstalling. 

sure enough, do my last tutorials for GWE and no trophy. How utterly infuriating.

Edit 2. saw on DTG forums being offline helps at time of requirements being met. since then, i've been offline when i am about to complete "x of" or "all of" a trophy, and stuff has popped instantly again..

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro
  • Like 1

On 25.1.2021 at 0:26 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Think I’m in the first stages of delayed trophies, as my 640 and 700 mile LIRR trophies aren’t popping. Everything else to this point was instant. I’ve only got 4 dlc too. Really don’t want to keep deleting and reinstalling. 

That is a worrying thing to read. The 640 mile trophy on the base game popped instantly for me (it can even be split between the three trains mentioned in the trophy description). May I ask what method you used to accumulate those 700 miles with the M7? Is there a good afk setup?

sure enough, do my last tutorials for GWE and no trophy. How utterly infuriating.

That should be an easy fix. Just create a new ingame profile and do the tutorials on those and the trophies should pop.

Edit 2. saw on DTG forums being offline helps at time of requirements being met. since then, i've been offline when i am about to complete "x of" or "all of" a trophy, and stuff has popped instantly again..

From my experience that isn't the only condition. Two days ago I complained in another thread about not getting the trophies for completing all scenarios on LIRR and RSN. As a solution I suggested backing up your save just before completing the requirements. However this proved unsuccesful. I completed the final RSN scenario three times after backing up my save and none of those times the trophy popped. Then today I created a new ingame profile, completed all LIRR scenarios on it and sure enough the trophy popped instantly upon completing the last service. Therefore I would suggest doing all "Complete X number of services" and "Complete all scenarios" kind of trophies on a new ingame profile. There's also no real drawback to this as completing those trophy requirements does not help all that much to work towards the other ones, especially with the Spawn Walk exploit. I can't recall having had issues with the "Operate train X for XXX miles" kind of trophies but your first quote has me worried. Right now I'm at 340 miles with the M7 on my main profile and I'm torn whether to risk doing another 360 miles for naught or starting out fresh. If there's a good afk setup where you only have to be there every now and then to restart a service and get the train going I'd be leaning heavily towards the latter. I hope those trophies are going to pop for you soon.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

15 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

That is a worrying thing to read. The 640 mile trophy on the base game popped instantly for me (it can even be split between the three trains mentioned in the trophy description). May I ask what method you used to accumulate those 700 miles with the M7? Is there a good afk setup?

That should be an easy fix. Just create a new ingame profile and do the tutorials on those and the trophies should pop.

From my experience that isn't the only condition. Two days ago I complained in another thread about not getting the trophies for completing all scenarios on LIRR and RSN. As a solution I suggested backing up your save just before completing the requirements. However this proved unsuccesful. I completed the final RSN scenario three times after backing up my save and none of those times the trophy popped. Then today I created a new ingame profile, completed all LIRR scenarios on it and sure enough the trophy popped instantly upon completing the last service. Therefore I would suggest doing all "Complete X number of services" and "Complete all scenarios" kind of trophies on a new ingame profile. There's also no real drawback to this as completing those trophy requirements does not help all that much to work towards the other ones, especially with the Spawn Walk exploit. I can't recall having had issues with the "Operate train X for XXX miles" kind of trophies but your first quote has me worried. Right now I'm at 340 miles with the M7 on my main profile and I'm torn whether to risk doing another 360 miles for naught or starting out fresh. If there's a good afk setup where you only have to be there every now and then to restart a service and get the train going I'd be leaning heavily towards the latter. I hope those trophies are going to pop for you soon.

i was doing the 2005 service for the m7. go balls to the wall up to 70 and then slowly throttle down, so when you hit 75 mph, you are on min power. this will keep you under the speed limit and never dipping below 68 or so. once i'm at min power, i made a save. when unpausing i had a timer of 11 and about 22 seconds (i think) on my ipad. when i'd hear the timer go off, i'd run to the ps4, and be a few hundred yards from the 35mph change. i'd then pause, quit to menu, reload last played. i'd keep carrying on, but make sure you're offline when you hit 700 miles. 640 was super delayed pop by 50 miles or so. when offline, 700 popped almost straight away after loading in.

its interesting creating new profiles worked for you. obviously, i HAVE to do that for the tutorials on GWE (thankfully not too much wasted effort).. funny enough, when completing the tutorials and online, no trophy. on the SAME profile, i completed the final scenario offline, while i was online for the first four, and the trophy popped instant. 

• Like 1

yes it greatly varies, if a new profile works or not. For me it never worked, only removing the whole save game and starting a new one.

True if you are offline in this game it helps with the unlocking.

It seems the game is too busy with the online functions to reward the achievements at that point.

I had one of the latest trophys pop a day after, I just restarted the game with intend to do something other then the missing trophy but is still came.

Unfortunately CL31: Full Circle is bugged at this moment.

I am testing with a proxy tool to see if i can reinstall the game and install update 1.41 instead of 1.46 if i remember correctly this version was not bugged for this particular scenario.

I will make a new post once i have a solution.

Edited by Vive_ut_vivas
  • Like 1

What’s the issue with that scenario? Perhaps don’t save during the scenario, if you are doing so. Yesterday I,did the dreadfully boring GWE scenario where you need to haul a class43 32 miles to a maintenance area. when the time changes to 1015, the second light stays red forever. The way around that was not saving at all and it worked perfect.

4 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

What’s the issue with that scenario? Perhaps don’t save during the scenario, if you are doing so. Yesterday I,did the dreadfully boring GWE scenario where you need to haul a class43 32 miles to a maintenance area. when the time changes to 1015, the second light stays red forever. The way around that was not saving at all and it worked perfect.

The issue is that about ~2 KM / 1.6Miles before your final stop a red signal light wont turn green saving or not wont help here. 

3 hours ago, Vive_ut_vivas said:

The issue is that about ~2 KM / 1.6Miles before your final stop a red signal light wont turn green saving or not wont help here. 

Yikes. I’ve noticed on MSB some scenarios and tutorials are supremely annoying , because for zero reason, the train won’t function right. I’ve just reset fuel exchange because the train came to a stop. Restarted and now I’m going fine , without doing anything different.

edit. And just as offline seemed to help, no scenario or mother fucking tutorial trophies of MSB. That really fucking Pisses  me off. The most stupid thing is that a god damn RSN trophy popped and I don’t even own that route.

On 26.1.2021 at 3:13 PM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

yes it greatly varies, if a new profile works or not. For me it never worked, only removing the whole save game and starting a new one.

Whelp, you're right. I did the RSN scenarios on a new profile and for the first time it didn't help popping the trophy. I'm gonna try your method next but MAN, doing those scenarios over and over is a drag for sure. Especially that long-haul freight service in the nightly rainstorm.

18 hours ago, Vive_ut_vivas said:

Looks like something happened after May 2020 that prevented people from earning that trophy. Did update 1.46 arrive at that time? Anyway, I'm grasping at straws here, but the game shouldn't send you back to the menu if you take over a different train just before you run the red light. Maybe you could stop just before the red light, put the throttle into notch 1 so that the train starts moving veeeery slowly and then quickly run to a different train and take it over? Then quickly run back and hop back into the driver's seat once it has gone past the red light. It's probably not gonna work but maybe that kind of method would help in different setting. I'm not even close to thinking about the additional expansions yet but this is going to be one deterrent for sure.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

Just deleted everything and while offline the GWE and MSB tutorial trophies popped straight away. I have a theory. I wonder if it’s some sort of memory leak from using loads of save reloads or whatever? This seems VERY similar to mafia 3 that needed done all offfline in one go. That was due to memory issues in game and all the “do all of x” trophies would bug out.

EDIT: done a lot of reading on Cement Circle. it became broke when they added class 20 dlc support via patch prior to 1.46 (1.46 was release just a short time before TSW2).  On the TSW2 roadmap, Cement Circle and Miles Platting were two 2020 issues set to be resolved on both versions. On september 29 roadmap update, Cement Circle was listed as fixed. However, we are still on 1.46. Somewhere along the line it was never fixed for PS4, even though the community manager said so.

saw some folks saying the path was clear ahead. i'm sure you did, but did you try contacting the dispatcher to allow you to proceed?

• Like 1

So, I turned off internet, backed up all of my save data on an external HDD, then deleted all of it on the PS4, launched the game, created my first profile, exited the initial tutorial, did all the RSN scenarios in one sitting and.............no trophy. If it's not going to be a delayed pop I don't even know what to do anymore at this point.

Edited by Baka_Marimo

good lord. i feel for you, i do NOT want to do the bloody MSB scenarios again, but im gonna do a fresh boot tomorrow and do them

edit the mother fucking MSB scenario didn’t pop. All offline, one sitting, no saves, brand new profile.

edit 2. Switched on the net to message a user as to how they got the MSB scenarios trophy. 20 minutes after the last edit, which I did right after the trophy didn’t pop, the trophy popped. In that time I went into a scenario and quit it right away, then sat in the MSB menu.

Finally got this bloody trophy. What did I do?

• Reinstalled the game with only the RSN expansion
  • Played offline
  • Deleted all save data and started out fresh
  • Completed the initial tutorial instead of quitting out

The bold stuff is what I did differently to my previous try. I have no idea if completing the base tutorial made any difference whatsoever but it only takes a few minutes, so I'll just do it every time from now on.

Edited by Baka_Marimo
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

Congrats. I was gonna assk if you had only RSN installed. Once I’m done with the initial dlc sets that came with 2020, I’m doing the same thing - only installing the dlc I’m working on. Out of curiosity, what was the longest you waited for a potential delayed pop?

I don't really know. There were a few cases when the trophy didn't pop initially but when I came back the next day I saw that it had unlocked in the meantime. I didn't look into it but I'm guessing it was three to four hours after I had met the requirements.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aggteleki-_- said:

hello

help round out how you got these trophies?

how to obtain them?

RSN: Refurbishment Crew
Collect all collectables on Ruhr Sieg Nord

RSN: Valley Veteran
Complete all scenarios on Ruhr Sieg Nord

MSB: All in Order
Complete all scenarios on Main-Spessart Bahn

MSB popped for me 20 minutes after doing the last scenario, while I was in the main menu.

On 3.2.2021 at 2:55 PM, Vive_ut_vivas said:

yeah this happens a lot, worst one was a 5 hour wait time for 1 bronze trophy.

Close to two weeks ago my motivation has run into a brick wall when I failed to unlock M7: Change at Jamaica (Operate the M7 for 700 miles) after doing it exactly the way pointed out in my post from January 29. Before I go to work tomorrow I'll start the game up and hope that the trophy will have popped when I return. I think I haven't had the game running for a total of five hours since meeting the trophy requirements. If it doesn't work I'm honestly thinking about calling it quits...

Edited by Baka_Marimo

• 6 months later...
On 14/02/2021 at 3:23 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

so on MSB, i THOUGHT i'd get level 20 today. I hit level 20, nothing, level 21, nothing. i've now idle distanced to level 22 , and still no trophy. anyone encounter something like this? how did you resolve it?

Did you ever manage to resolve this? Currently having an issue with LIRR M7: Seven Up for reaching loco level 10. Just got to level 10 now but no trophy pop! I've seen some advice on another forum which suggests idling for a few hours so I'm going to try and leave my playstation on overnight and see how it goes.

4 hours ago, mareepx said:

Did you ever manage to resolve this? Currently having an issue with LIRR M7: Seven Up for reaching loco level 10. Just got to level 10 now but no trophy pop! I've seen some advice on another forum which suggests idling for a few hours so I'm going to try and leave my playstation on overnight and see how it goes.

yeah. doing it on ps5 with only MSB installed popped it immediately on level 21. there were other trophies where i got greedy and didn't wipe my saves and had to leave the console on for a few hours for them to pop. 

• Like 1