Advice for trophys not popping

Vive_ut_vivas

18 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

yeah. doing it on ps5 with only MSB installed popped it immediately on level 21. there were other trophies where i got greedy and didn't wipe my saves and had to leave the console on for a few hours for them to pop. 

Thanks, I left my console on for over 8 hours but no luck getting the trophy to pop, I will attempt reaching loco level 11 tonight once I finish work and see if that helps. I've been playing offline all the time as I read that helps but seemingly not in this case! 

EDIT: Trophy popped upon reaching loco level 11!

Edited by mareepx
update

19 hours ago, mareepx said:

Thanks, I left my console on for over 8 hours but no luck getting the trophy to pop, I will attempt reaching loco level 11 tonight once I finish work and see if that helps. I've been playing offline all the time as I read that helps but seemingly not in this case! 

EDIT: Trophy popped upon reaching loco level 11!

congrats. yes, i became ruthless when i got a ps5 and only ever had dlc i was going for installed, never online, always fresh save. stuff seemed to always pop proper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

congrats. yes, i became ruthless when i got a ps5 and only ever had dlc i was going for installed, never online, always fresh save. stuff seemed to always pop proper.

I'm currently playing on PS5 yeah, never online. By always fresh save, do you mean you start a new driver profile when you start a new DLC? I've not been doing that so far, but if you recommend it, I might have to think about it.

17 hours ago, mareepx said:

I'm currently playing on PS5 yeah, never online. By always fresh save, do you mean you start a new driver profile when you start a new DLC? I've not been doing that so far, but if you recommend it, I might have to think about it.

yeah. for example SFJ. i did the main SFJ dlc, deleted my save. downloaded the switcher, made a profile got all trophies, deleted all tsw saves. . downloaded baby bulet, made a new profile, got all trophies. its annoying to do, but everything popped good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

yeah. for example SFJ. i did the main SFJ dlc, deleted my save. downloaded the switcher, made a profile got all trophies, deleted all tsw saves. . downloaded baby bulet, made a new profile, got all trophies. its annoying to do, but everything popped good. 

Okay, good to know, I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...
On 8/24/2021 at 9:33 PM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

On 8/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

This caught my attention.  Is this process how you were able to get the base list and the additional expansion set done to 100% for the ps4?  Did you play the entire train sim trophy list on your ps5?  Did you have digital or disc?  Not sure if that matters.  Did you have the train sim world 2020 collector's edition?  Did you always have the game fully patched?  Sorry for all the questions.  I have no problem committing to the time of getting everything done.  I just am interested in trying to get a somewhat guaranteed process for getting the trophies done.  What you talked about above seems promising.

20 hours ago, ASILENTENIGMA said:

This caught my attention.  Is this process how you were able to get the base list and the additional expansion set done to 100% for the ps4?  Did you play the entire train sim trophy list on your ps5?  Did you have digital or disc?  Not sure if that matters.  Did you have the train sim world 2020 collector's edition?  Did you always have the game fully patched?  Sorry for all the questions.  I have no problem committing to the time of getting everything done.  I just am interested in trying to get a somewhat guaranteed process for getting the trophies done.  What you talked about above seems promising.

started on ps4, but then got a ps5. digital. just base tsw 2020. game was always fully patched except when i downgraded to do the cement circle a few weeks before they fixed it. 

I got the platinum earlier this week and I did it all 100% offline. Several trophies still had a delayed pop, so my recommendation is if you know you've satisfied the requirements and you don't get it, it's worth leaving the game idling on the menu for a good few hours. Sometimes had to wait over 4 hours for one to come through, sometimes only a matter of minutes (for German Legend) and on my last one (The New Yorker) was just over an hour.

I personally didn't do the whole 'fresh save file/driver profile' thing, and I also had several DLC installed at a time, but I still believe that @ImStylinOnYaBro's method that he described can only help in the matter of earning trophies.

• 4 weeks later...

After a little experimenting I've come to the conclusion that some Scenario trophies aren't unlocking because the game is confused about how many you've done when you've installed loco DLC that adds scenarios. Take West Somerset Railways. On my profile when I load the track to play it, it shows 12/12 scenarios. However, if I go to the driver icon at the bottom, then filter on Route, WSR shows 6/12 as completed. IOW it has ignored the extra 6 added with the loco DLC.

I have a PS4 and PS4 Pro so I installed TSW 2020 on to the PS4 and cloud saved my Pro profiles down to it and only installed the tracks. On the Pro RSN showed 2/8, but when run on the PS4 it showed 1/5 (with none of the locos DLC installed). So I then completed the 4 remaining scenarios and the trophy popped.

Seems to apply to the distance trophies too. I completed the M3 trophies on Long Island, then completed the distance required for American Hauler 2 with the M7. No trophy. Copied it over to the PS4 and the trophy popped as soon as I used the M7.

So I figure you need a clean download without any loco DLC installed to get the awkward trophies to unlock. I suggest saving your current save to the cloud and USB to keep it safe, but do NOT delete it. Then delete TSW 2020 completely and only install tracks as needed to get the errant trophies - do not install any locos. You can do that later if you still need some of those trophies.

I tried this for WSR but it was already showing 6/6, so I completed one again, but no trophy. In this case, I'm going to redo them on a new profile. I'll report back on how that goes.

Well, MSB; All in Order didn't pop, so I'm not wasting my time trying the WSR scenarios again. I'm convinced it's an issue with the trophies miscounting when loco dlc is installed. I raised a ticket with Dovetail and was fobbed off with the guff already in their FAQ.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble unlocking certain trophies. To start with, we would recommend that you try the following options.
  • Check the criteria for unlocking the trophy - The criteria for unlocking a trophy can often be very specific and it is worth double-checking the exact requirements by viewing the trophy list of your console.
  • Have other players unlocked the trophy recently? - There are many third-party trophies tracking websites which can give you an idea of how recently other players have unlocked the same trophies.
  • Sign Out of the PSN - Sign out of your PSN account, reboot your console and sign back into your account from the main screen.
  • Synchronise your Trophies - Press the OPTIONS button while viewing (Trophies), and then select [Sync with PlayStation Network].
  • Wait for the trophy to unlock - If the PlayStation servers are busy the trophy may not unlock immediately, Try coming back to the game another day, and the trophy may unlock during normal gameplay.
  • Re-attempt the trophy- Repeat the criteria for the trophy
    • While offline
    • In a new player profile

Thank you and goodnight?

Their latest (last?) response - my emphasis

Thank you for brining this to our attention.
We would like to thank our amazing community for supporting Train Sim World 2020. However, we have made the difficult to decision to move forward with the franchise by focusing all of our efforts on Train Sim World 2. We are preserving and updating select content from TSW 2020 for use in Train Sim World 2, as well as creating brand-new experiences.

Therefore, we have made a record of this issue for posterity, if we are able to revisit this content at any point in the future. Community feedback is what drives our development, and your feedback will be used to better inform our future work. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to take over this thread, but I got another response from DTG containing this extract:

"Please note that we have had no previous reports to suggest that other players are having trouble with the trophies you mentioned."

So they lie as well as ignore customers?

There are numerous threads on many forums, including their own, complaining about this issue and, in fact, their first reply to me directed me to a FAQ on what to do if this happens. So how about we inundate them with support requests about the TSW 2020 trophies not unlocking? ;)

• 5 months later...

So, I finally got myself a PS5 and decided to pick this up again after about one and a half years. (Man, is getting back into this game a pain or what?)

I had stopped playing because I couldn't get M7: Change at Jamaica to unlock, despite having done 720 miles with the M7. So I loaded up the game on PS5, got into the train and....nothing. No trophy. I then read up on a few posts from back then and figured that I should be trying my luck offline. So I closed the game and disabled the network connection. Then, when I started up the game a second time and got back into the train...BOOM! Trophy popped immediately.

I guess this PS4 game is unique in the sense that you must play it offline on a PS5 in order to unlock all the trophies ?‍♂️

Edited by Baka_Marimo

51 minutes ago, Baka_Marimo said:

I guess this PS4 game is unique in the sense that you must play it offline on a PS5 in order to unlock all the trophies ?‍♂️

Yeah playing on a PS5 while being offline helps a lot. But don't get excited to soon, because as soon as you have more than a few DLCs installed at the same time, the trophies will simply refuse to pop again.

Still they are way more likely to pop on PS5 imo.

16 hours ago, Sardavanua said:

But don't get excited to soon, because as soon as you have more than a few DLCs installed at the same time, the trophies will simply refuse to pop again.

I did the collectables on MSB yesterday with a couple of expansions installed. Trophy popped as it should. Today I was planning to do the scenarios for MSB: All in Order. This time however I first re-installed the game with only the MSB expansion installed. I cut the PS5's network connection and went about doing the five scenarios. However no trophy popped. After that I read one of my old posts about doing it on a new ingame profile. Did that, and again no trophy popped.

Here's a detailed breakdown of what I'm doing:

- Playing on a PS5

- Only installing the expansion I'm currently doing, in addition to the base game

- Going offline before starting the game, and staying offline for the entire duration of the trophy hunt

- Doing the trophy requirements on a new ingame profile

I'm honestly out of ideas at this point. Doing the five scenarios takes over three hours each time, so it's really frustrating when you do all that only for the trophy not to pop. I'll be leaving the game running overnight now, hopefully the trophy is there in the morning...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 3:15 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

Today I was planning to do the scenarios for MSB: All in Order.

I saw that you were able to get that trophy unlocked recently.  What did you do to get the trophy?  What was your process?

On 8/4/2022 at 3:15 PM, Baka_Marimo said:

Here's a detailed breakdown of what I'm doing:

- Playing on a PS5

- Only installing the expansion I'm currently doing, in addition to the base game

- Going offline before starting the game, and staying offline for the entire duration of the trophy hunt

- Doing the trophy requirements on a new ingame profile

Is this the process you used for getting the plat?  And all of the other trophies you have?  Do you have the game digital or on disc?  Do you have the collector's edition of Train Sim 2020?  Sorry for all the questions, but the more information on this game the better it seems.  Thanks for your time.

On 16.8.2022 at 4:09 AM, ASILENTENIGMA said:

I saw that you were able to get that trophy unlocked recently.  What did you do to get the trophy?  What was your process?

I wasn't able to unlock the trophy by going back into the game and leaving it running overnight. You have to leave it running right after fulfilling the trophy requirements. The trophies won't necessarily pop anymore once you've closed the game, at least according to my experience. Therefore I had to do the scenarios again. I did not take note of how long the trophies took to pop, but it can't have been more than two hours after I finished the last scenario.

On 16.8.2022 at 4:09 AM, ASILENTENIGMA said:

Is this the process you used for getting the plat?  And all of the other trophies you have?  Do you have the game digital or on disc?  Do you have the collector's edition of Train Sim 2020?  Sorry for all the questions, but the more information on this game the better it seems.  Thanks for your time.

Yes, whenever something did not pop as it should, this is the method I used. My game is the digital US version, though I only bought the US version because of favourable conversion rates. It has nothing to do with the trophy hunt. I can't recall whether I bought the Collector's Edition specifically, but I remember it coming with a few expansion packs, so I probably did.

In my experience, you MUST play this game offline and only download DLC for a track your going for the trophies on. Also DO NOT d/l any new engines until you have completed the scenarios and distance trophies for a given track; these usually extend the number of scenarios and mileage you'll have to do for the main (dlc) track trophies.