PS5 vs Xbox Series comparison

Eraezr

Remember when the PS3 was the most powerful console? And they even say they were used as Servers? But when multiplatform games started to release most of them look or run better on the 360, if not the same. 

Of course this time is different because the architecture was very different then and now is very similar between them. But i wouldn't take an Ubisoft game as definitive prove of which is a better console. Specially at the star of the generation. Im still gonna wait a few months before deciding which one to buy, this is still fanboys wanting the other to be bad, which is pretty immature and pointless.

Edited by pumajlr2001
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 0:06 AM, pumajlr2001 said:

Of course this time is different because the architecture was very different then and now is very similar between them. B

This is factually incorrect, from the GPU tools and cofiguration, to the bottlenecks which one console has, while the other doesn't have it.

But yes, the PS3 did end up being used as a server of sorts. The U.S Air Force turned a bunch of them into a supercomputer.

Edited by Eraezr

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Eraezr said:

This is factually incorrect, from the GPU tools and cofiguration, to the bottlenecks which one console has, while the other doesn't have it.

But yes, the PS3 did end up being used as a server of sorts. The U.S Air Force turned a bunch of them into a supercomputer.

That's interesting, i need to take a more deep look at that. Nevertheless my point is that the architecture is "more similar" this time, if you will. At that time the PS3 was a little pain in the ass for developers. It was more powerful, but companies didn't have the will to invest the time and money to take advantage of that. Even Mark Cerny admitted that. Maybe that same thing is happening this time with the Series X. For the time being, the only complain from devs i've hear is that they had less time to try the Series X dev kit. Time would tell.

For me, none of the spec's even matter. I choose to play the PlayStation over the Xbox for the overall experience. I find that the community is better. Not much better. I love the Uncharted series. The free games each month. The last Xbox I owned was the 360. So, some of these items may have improved since then, like the community. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StressEater said:

For me, none of the spec's even matter. I choose to play the PlayStation over the Xbox for the overall experience. I find that the community is better. Not much better. I love the Uncharted series. The free games each month. The last Xbox I owned was the 360. So, some of these items may have improved since then, like the community. 

I agree almost 100% (only differing in that i find Unchartered mediocre but eh) 

Im not mega bothered about performance in either console. Just give me games that are fun and play well. I get that performance has something to do with that but its not the be all and end all.

I'll stick with Playstation cos it has better games for me, i have already built a sizable library/backlog and hell i like my goddamn trophies! 

Edited by punkshepherd