Old Skool Daze positive glitch

CravingClarity

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, CravingClarity said:

I never had any feedback about it and never tried again myself so probably quite random. I didn't expect much response really, for just a little-played title.

Yeah, was wondering if anyone ever reached you. I got the plat, but I’d still like to see if there’s any possible methods players can use if having trouble with beating Old School. Maybe you just got extremely lucky randomly so, and it was just a fluke. Thanks for posting this though, maybe someone is willing to recreate this, or something similar to this. I didn’t stumble into any exploits that I could manipulate, so I’ve nothing to add to this possible method. Haven’t seen anyone else mention in where they got lucky you did, neither. 

I have tried the method which was mentioned by CravingClarity and i can confirm that it worked. The glitch will work when you drop down on just before the mini game just like the video.

The game must got confused after dropping on mini games so that probably got glitched.. Funny though :D

Thank you so much! This game is very frustrating and hard especially the ice places.. Good job! I am sure that it will help some players! :)

Also i tested this on physical disc with updated version to 1.02.

Edited by Scarred_LWolf
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

This awesome post just convinced me to finally get the game since I've been holding off for the longest time due to my trepidation for the harder trophies in the game and specifically Old Skool Daze. So this is a repeatable positive glitch if I understand you guys correctly? It works every time following the steps required to make it glitch? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 5:27 AM, Cosmokeeper said:

This awesome post just convinced me to finally get the game since I've been holding off for the longest time due to my trepidation for the harder trophies in the game and specifically Old Skool Daze. So this is a repeatable positive glitch if I understand you guys correctly? It works every time following the steps required to make it glitch? 

This. Can anyone else also share their experience in being able to repeat this glitch? If this is in fact legit, I will finally go back to plat this game. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes this is still a thing, people are still getting it to work. The game hasn't been patched and probably never will now.

For anyone struggling to make it work, I can only say copy the video as closely as possible - choose the same mini game, die where I die etc. I'm not an expert on how or why the method works, I'm just the one who found it.

Edited by CravingClarity

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 9:02 AM, timpurnat said:

Does this work on the digital version that was put back in the store last year? 

I can confirm it does, as I just popped the plat myself using this method!! I am playing on said digital version specifically.

A few things to note... You DEF need to finish "Marble Madness", otherwise it doesn't work. It wasn't until the 4th try I finally got through it in time! The previous 3 tries did nothing... I even tried hopping off at the same spot before that minigame, then running to one of the other games (The Q*Bert one). I finished it but it didn't work. 

In summation, you must die before entering the minigame like OP did. Then you def have to finish the Marble Madness minigame too for it to work. I died in slightly different spots during the course of the minigame, but it still worked. Good luck to anyone going for this legit, that back half of the game is ROUGH!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The glitch still works got the trophy with it about an hour ago.

At first i thought that i will need this glitch just to go past the room with the chains but let me tell you it goes downhill after that you are not finishing old-school without it, the only way to do it legit is if you grind the game endlessly like a speed runner will do to have everything memoriesed and even then you are bound to make mistakes because a lot of the rooms are badly build and are not suited for this fixed camera angle.

It could have been better if you had full control and you could rotate the room or put it in a top down view but as the game is now its just badly designed in some parts.

So if anyone in the future tries this game and wants to go for the plat just do the glitch for the old-school run if you dont want to waste your time, follow this speedrun video and the run will take around 2 hours not counting the resets you will have to do if you fail the ball minigame.

• Like 2