Game Awards Nominees

I find this interesting:

The Game Awards has an advisory committee which includes Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, and AMD, Electronic Arts, Activision, Rockstar Games, Ubisoft, Valve, and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

This committee selects around thirty influential video game news organizations that nominate and vote on the video games in several categories.

So the advisory committee picks the "organizations" they've showered with their "promotional materials" and who gave their products the highest scores and that's what consumers see as the nominations. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alderriz said:
?

Did anyone else predict 6/6 GOTY nominees? 

Not quite, I'm surprised Doom got nominated. I'm not saying it's not great, but it kind of got overshadowed by ACNH at the time it came out and from what I heard some people like the first one more.

I half expected to see either Among Us (yes I know it came out in 2018), Fall Guys, Half-Life Alyx, or Ori and The Will of The Wisps in there.

I'm very happy to see Hades got a nomination.

Though there are a lot of predictable ones in there.

Edited by EIdain
  • Like 1

Excited to see the love FF7Remake is getting in nominations, same with Ghost and TLOU2. Quality bar is real high this year, and with both Persona 5 Royal and FF7Remake is the running for RPG its gonna be interesting to see where the tough decisions are gonna be made (for the record I don't believe P5R should've been allowed to be nominated since it's basically just Persona 5: Definitive Edition with extra story content. If people can complain that remakes shouldn't be nominated, they also should be upset at nominating a 3 year old game).

Play-Station-Ghostof-Tsushima-2020.png and Hades!. Ghost of Tsushima was willed in for The game of the Year category by the internet ?.

Happy for Supergiant game, they are A1 devs. All of their games been fire.

And Sony trying stacking the deck with multiple games.

I dunno who's going to win game of the year. Competition is tough this year. Obviously im rooting for Play-Station-Ghostof-Tsushima-2020.png and Hades tho. Both made it in a good amount of categories too.

Cool 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim made it in as Best Narrative nominee. I need to boot that up already. I'll try to do so after I finish Darksiders Genesis. Hopefully i'll have a PS5 by then.

Edited by AlphaExGAT

10 hours ago, EIdain said:

I half expected to see either Among Us (yes I know it came out in 2018), Fall Guys, Half-Life Alyx, or Ori and The Will of The Wisps in there.

8 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I predicted all of these, except Hades got nominated instead of Half Life Alyx

Yeah, I've heard not enough videogame press people and influencers have played this game, which is the main reason it's not on the list. The ones who have played it say it deserves at least a nomination.

Edited by Alderriz

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda want to make more last minute predictions. So here we go. 

GOTY - TLOU2

Best direction - Hades

Best narrative - TLOU2

Best art direction - Hades

Best music - FF7R

Best audio design - TLOU2

Best performance - Laura Bailey

Games for impact - Tell Me Why

Best ongoing game - No Man's Sky

Best indie - Hades

Best mobile - Among Us

Best VR - Half-Life: Alyx

Accessibility - TLOU2

Best action - Doom Eternal

Best action-adventure - TLOU2

Best RPG - FF7R

Best fighting - MK11

Best family game - Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Best sim/strategy - MSFS

Best sports/racing - THPS 1-2

Best multiplayer - Among Us

Content creator - Alanah Pearce

The rest - don't know/don't care. 

As for the announcements predictions, I only have one. I think we're going to see a new Bayonetta 3 trailer. Just because YouTube has been showing me the first trailer of this game in the ads a lot recently ? Also, it's just been too long. Other than that, as much as MGS Remake and Silent Hill were rumoured, I still don't expect to see them.