I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

30 minutes ago, SlyCooperFan100 said:

I can't add DLCs to my wishlist. It just makes the page blank with the word "false".

Whoops, thanks for letting me know. DLC/demos/soundtracks are indeed not implemented with the wishlist/library/hide features yet. I'll add that to the to-do list, but for now I've removed those buttons from DLC/demo/soundtrack pages so that they don't give weird error messages like that.

21 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

wow this looks dope! but the link is not working for me

Is the main website link not working for you, or are specific game pages (like https://ps5storefront.com/en-ca/game/3664-assassins-creed-odyssey) not working for you? Do you get any particular error message, or just a website not found sort of thing?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NathanielJohn said:

Whoops, thanks for letting me know. DLC/demos/soundtracks are indeed not implemented with the wishlist/library/hide features yet. I'll add that to the to-do list, but for now I've removed those buttons from DLC/demo/soundtrack pages so that they don't give weird error messages like that.

Is the main website link not working for you, or are specific game pages (like https://ps5storefront.com/en-ca/game/3664-assassins-creed-odyssey) not working for you? Do you get any particular error message, or just a website not found sort of thing?

can't connect at all :-/ don't know why. ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

3 minutes ago, DavySuicide said:

can't connect at all :-/ don't know why. ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

Thanks for the info. If you're getting that error message then I think you're using Chrome, and likely using a proxy/VPN/private browsing mode? You probably have to refresh Chrome's DNS cache to be able to access the site then (the domain name is brand new, and proxies sometimes cache DNS entries for quite some time, so they don't know how to connect to new URLs unless you update them). You can clear your DNS cache via the instructions here. Or it will hopefully fix itself after a few days, but I'm not sure.

Where are you pulling the trophy difficulty/times from? Just looking at a few games that are a bit inaccurate. (For example, Steven Universe: Save the Light is 20-30 hours completion, not 3-4 hours.)

Also, would it be possible to implement a filter for VR mandatory games?

Also also, I'm using Firefox and clicking wishlist, library, or hide on a game on the search results page takes me to a blank page with the text "false". Gotta go to the game's individual page to successfully do those things.

But besides all that, this is awesome! I love that it provides all the trophy information, and even links to guides! Definitely going to start using this site exclusively!

• Like 1

This is fucking amazing. Great job!

Quick thing I noticed, though: it seems like games are limited to only 4 DLC packs. When I go to, for example, Dragon Ball FighterZ, it only shows me 4 packs and nothing else.

Edited by Zenpai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

Where are you pulling the trophy difficulty/times from? Just looking at a few games that are a bit inaccurate. (For example, Steven Universe: Save the Light is 20-30 hours completion, not 3-4 hours.)

Also, would it be possible to implement a filter for VR mandatory games?

Also also, I'm using Firefox and clicking wishlist, library, or hide on a game on the search results page takes me to a blank page with the text "false". Gotta go to the game's individual page to successfully do those things.

But besides all that, this is awesome! I love that it provides all the trophy information, and even links to guides! Definitely going to start using this site exclusively!

The trophy difficulty/times *should* be pulled from the trophy guides, but that one was glitchy -- thanks for telling me (it's fixed now), and please let me know if you see others like that.

A filter for VR games is on my to-do list :)

And thanks for letting me know about the Firefox bug, will have that fixed later tonight. [Edit: Fixed now, but you may need to do a hard refresh (Crtl+R) to see the change.]

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

You, sir, should be working for Sony directing whatever team is in charge of directing their web store. I'm sure you would do a far better job than the ones that are currently there. You have an amazing initial release of your tool here, far more useful and with a lot more features than the one Sony has.

I take it that it's going to be impossible to include PS3 and Vita games in this storefront because they were pretty much wiped from Sony's own store, right? It's the only thing that's missing for it to be perfect.

Amazing development overall.

• Like 2

impressive; certainly has a lot of potential

some thoughts/suggestions:

-Stacking games seem to be quarantined, in terms of "prices in other regions". Ideally all continents should be visible to facilitate efficient stack shopping.

-Add a Stack label that identifies stacking games. So if I'm browsing NA discounted games and I see Sackboy: A Big Adventure (Ps4), there would be some sort of indication that there's 2 additional lists (Ps5 NA & Ps5 EU) 

-On the topic of continents, some games never go on sale in certain countries, so a way to monitor game prices with respect to continent rather than individual country could be useful.

-Add a Minimum Price field to, for example, exclude F2P games

-Add an option to only receive discount emails below a specified price (inb4 premium feature) 

-Add a price history chart, just like PSPrices 

-Add an account setting to globally exclude nonplats

-Maybe an option to link our PSNP and/or PSN accounts to automatically populate our Library? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Thanks to @baboon_overlord for helping me beta test it over the past week or so.

Thanks for the shout-out mate, much appreciated.

You are an extremely talented programmer/developer, and you can design a nice looking UI too (which in my experience is a rare combination), so thanks for giving me the opportunity to contribute. It's been a pleasure and I look forward to sending some more ideas over the next few days.

• Like 1