I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Is there any reason I keep getting consistent E-Mails for Crysis Remastered being on sale? It's on my Wishlist, and I do have my settings set to send me E-Mails when games go on sale...but I've received like 8 specifically about Crysis since it went on sale. Did I hit something else I wasn't aware of?  

Sorry about that, this was a glitch on my end (which should now be fixed). Sony's API weirdly shows a 1% discount for that game (in addition to the 20% discount that is happening right now as part of a sale). So my site was getting confused -- it would lower the price by 20%, but then see the 1% discount and raise it back up to just 1% off... then then see the 20% off and lower it (and send e-mails) again... and then see the 1% discount... and repeat.

Anyway, should be fixed now, sorry for the spam.

35 minutes ago, KittyPunk said:

Hmm... Would it be possible to add Vita and PS3 games?

It would be possible to add them, but (a) sales for them never happen anymore so price tracking them is useless, and (b) you can't buy them via web browser anymore, so my site would have nothing to link to. A bunch of people have requested this, but I have *tons* of things on my todo list still, so this won't happen for a while (if it ever happens).

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

Just found this thread right now as it popped onto the psnprofiels home page recent forum threads. God damn what a blessing. I was so anoyed with the ps store once they changed to PS5. I will use this from now on. 1 suggestion though, maybe filter out all the story based ''free'' platinum games where only episode 1 is free but the rest of the episodes are paid and required for the plat. Other then that, great job.

EDIT: Also maybe add a metacritic rating?

Edited by Gr4de_04

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

If I want to follow discounts in 2 regions, do I need to add each regional game into my wishlist manually or is there a better way?

Currently there is no better way. A couple of people have asked for a feature like this though, so I'll start thinking about how it might be implemented.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:13 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Sorry about that, this was a glitch on my end (which should now be fixed). Sony's API weirdly shows a 1% discount for that game (in addition to the 20% discount that is happening right now as part of a sale). So my site was getting confused -- it would lower the price by 20%, but then see the 1% discount and raise it back up to just 1% off... then then see the 20% off and lower it (and send e-mails) again... and then see the 1% discount... and repeat.

Anyway, should be fixed now, sorry for the spam.

It would be possible to add them, but (a) sales for them never happen anymore so price tracking them is useless, and (b) you can't buy them via web browser anymore, so my site would have nothing to link to. A bunch of people have requested this, but I have *tons* of things on my todo list still, so this won't happen for a while (if it ever happens).

Unfortunately it's still happening. I've received 2 more E-Mail's since....but I get why it's happening now. 

25 minutes ago, Viper said:

Unfortunately it's still happening. I've received 2 more E-Mail's since....but I get why it's happening now. 

Oh shoot, thanks for letting me know. Just to make sure I'm looking at the right product, is it this one here? https://platprices.com/en-us/game/6869-crysis-remastered

I'll have a look at the logs the next time it triggers an e-mail to figure out what's going on. I have no idea why it would still be e-mailing anyone in the last day or two.

That's an awesome Project! Thank you so much for your hard work. Your site contains every feature I ever wanted.

But...how do you finance that? I don't see any ads, affiliate links, or donation options?! I really want to support this site and I think you shouldn't lose money after you spend so much time getting this thing online. You should really add some options. :) 

12 minutes ago, TrophyTomGuides said:

But...how do you finance that? I don't see any ads, affiliate links, or donation options?! I really want to support this site and I think you shouldn't lose money after you spend so much time getting this thing online. You should really add some options. :) 

I have a Patreon that you can donate at if you want to: https://www.patreon.com/platprices

But yeah, I don't finance the site. Web space is reasonably cheap, and I have a bunch of web projects, so I don't mind -- it's just a fun project.

23 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Oh shoot, thanks for letting me know. Just to make sure I'm looking at the right product, is it this one here? https://platprices.com/en-us/game/6869-crysis-remastered

I'll have a look at the logs the next time it triggers an e-mail to figure out what's going on. I have no idea why it would still be e-mailing anyone in the last day or two.

Yep that's the one. Just got another one this morning lol. 

Hey, I've just started using psnp+ the last few days so now I'm probably gonna start using platprices over psprices now due to the upcoming integration. Just browsing so far, looks nice. I see that there's a library section, any chance you'd be able to implement linking our PSN account to the site in someway to populate this list automatically? Apologies if this already been asked/answered. I love the option to hide already owned games when browsing but I have coming up to a 1000 titles ?

I really like the site but I’m not using it for only one reason:

When I click on a discount tab (deals like the Indies games now) it doesn’t show the game picture. It just shows a list, I prefer to see the game as well to have an “eyecatcher” because a lot of the time a title doesn’t say much about a game.

It would be nice to either have:

1. When I scroll over a title, without clicking on it, the game picture appears (with perhaps the game’s introduction with “dot dot dot” > click to read feeling) or...

2. Show the list with game picture like PSprices and the PS store.

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before or if more people are in favour of this.

Thank you for your effort!

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

any chance you'd be able to implement linking our PSN account to the site in someway to populate this list automatically?

It's on the to-do list, but I don't expect it will be implemented particularly soon. I expect that when/if it's implemented, there will still be the manual library, and then a separate library for games on your trophy list (and you'll be able to hide or both of them).

29 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

When I click on a discount tab (deals like the Indies games now) it doesn’t show the game picture. It just shows a list, I prefer to see the game as well to have an “eyecatcher” because a lot of the time a title doesn’t say much about a game.

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you want to browse all discounts via the "All Discounts" page, rather than via the sale announcement page. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

42 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you want to browse all discounts via the "All Discounts" page, rather than via the sale announcement page. Let me know if I'm misunderstanding.

Yes, the All Discounts page shows the game pictures which looks better than the specific deals pages. The sale announcement pages show a list only. I just noticed how the All Discount page doesn’t show the date unless you click on a game, it would be clearer for everyone if that could be added. That way I don’t have to click on every game I’m interested in to check the date to time my purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 7:42 AM, LoveInHell said:

Yes, the All Discounts page shows the game pictures which looks better than the specific deals pages. The sale announcement pages show a list only. I just noticed how the All Discount page doesn’t show the date unless you click on a game, it would be clearer for everyone if that could be added. That way I don’t have to click on every game I’m interested in to check the date to time my purchase.

Took me a while, but this is now implemented. Below the discount percentage (on the game image), there is now an indicator of how much longer that game will be discounted for.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hisuiryu said:

On the discounts page, is it possible to add the option to filter to only show DLC (or hide full games with how your filter's implemented)? I like to keep an eye out for DLC for games I own or want to buy physically so it'd be pretty handy

No way to do this yet, but it's coming. Search filters are being revamped to make stuff like this possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TheBreenis said:

Is there any way to sync it with what I have "Purchased" from PSN instead of having to manually add everything to My Library?

As Lance_87 said, this would require my site to have your official PSN credentials, which opens a huge can of worms that I don't want to touch.

However, my (extremely long and backlogged) to-do list includes the ability to import games from your trophy list into your library, which would serve basically the same purpose.

I am essentially using the site as a replacement for the way in which I used the Old PS Store -- that is to say, to easily find every single free item on the store and add them to my account.

For example, using your site, I discovered that I had never added this Just Dance 2015 Free DLC to my account: https://platprices.com/en-us/game/8849-break-free-by-ariana-grande-ft-zedd

Unfortunately, my account is CHOCK FULL of garbage free items like this. Also unfortunately, there are no associated trophies for said garbage. I would love to be able to keep track of all of this garbage in a way that I never have before and your site is the closest thing I've seen to it. For now I'm simply going through every single item on the store and using "Add To Library," lol.

Instead of permanently storing PSN credentials in your database, could it interact with a browser extension on the user's computer? Or could it authenticate once to obtain a session token and then fall back on the token for authentication instead of storing credentials? (Similar to how PS4 and PS5 Remote Play works.) Another option would be to just reauthenticate every single time.

I'm sure you have a gigantic list of things you want to implement, so please don't think I'm trying to tell you what to do or how to do it. I'm just spit-balling. Think of this as possible inspiration for the future. :)

Seriously amazing work.

• Like 1