I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

You know what would be really awesome now? A script that automatically searches and adds all free stuff available in the Store. SteamDB already does that for Steam stuff, with only 50 items at a time though.

I just cannot navigate the current Store website. I miss the old one and i loved to collect anything free every week.

Edited by Lance_87

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

You know what would be really awesome now? A script that automatically searches and adds all free stuff available in the Store. SteamDB already does that for Steam stuff, with only 50 items at a time though.

I just cannot navigate the current Store website. I miss the old one and i loved to collect anything free every week.

You're speaking my language.

Where is this functionality on SteamDB?

Edit: NVM, found it: https://steamdb.info/freepackages/

Edited by TheBreenis

I've probably already asked this some time ago, but why certain regions are slower to show new content in your site? For example Italy still shows the latest content from more than a week ago. Your site is useful to check for new free content as the official Store website is crap and doesn't have a section for new free stuff, you have to manually search for everything, and because of this, i think i've missed a couple of things available for a limited time.

Edited by Lance_87

7 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I've probably already asked this some time ago, but why certain regions are slower to show new content in your site? For example Italy still shows the latest content from more than a week ago.

Basically because the official PSN store doesn't *actually* list all new content anywhere (despite having a not-actually-accurate "New Games" page), so there's no consistent place I can get new content from (my site does check the official "New Games" page every day in all regions). So the way that I get it is pull it in when people search for it. If not many people from Italy use my site, then not much gets pulled in.

The lack of consistency between regions is worse than I thought it would be though, so I have a planned fix in mind. It's just a matter of getting the time to implement it.

• Like 1

Hate to double post but here we go...

1. PSPrices recently changed their e-mail system and they are now sending grouped e-mails. This makes e-mail notifications utterly useless for me as I'm no longer able to tell which item is on sale from the e-mail subject. This means I will most likely migrate my wishlist from PSPrices elsewhere. AFAIK, PP sends 1 e-mail per wishlist item. Are there any plans to change this in the future?

2. If I'm tracking discounts across multiple regions, I cannot see this region information or apply any region filter in my wishlist. This would be super useful for me but hopefully for others too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 2:36 PM, HusKy said:

1. PSPrices recently changed their e-mail system and they are now sending grouped e-mails. This makes e-mail notifications utterly useless for me as I'm no longer able to tell which item is on sale from the e-mail subject. This means I will most likely migrate my wishlist from PSPrices elsewhere. AFAIK, PP sends 1 e-mail per wishlist item. Are there any plans to change this in the future?

2. If I'm tracking discounts across multiple regions, I cannot see this region information or apply any region filter in my wishlist. This would be super useful for me but hopefully for others too.

Sorry for the lack of response and/or bugfix for your previous post yet. Been busy, bugfixes will happen, promise! Anyway, for this post:

1. I am planning on adding an *option* that lets you either get a single e-mail per game that goes or sale, or a blanket "some of your games went on sale" (since this has been a requested feature -- not everyone likes getting 30 e-mails on sale day). But it will just be an option -- I won't be removing the ability to get an e-mail per game.

2. That's a good point, I'll add it to the todo list. I could but the region's flag in the top-right corner of the game's image tile easily enough. Filters make sense too.

• Like 2

add an option to mark a game as completed. As it's cluttering my library! Right now, I'm just hiding the games I completed , but I have no idea where to find the hidden games in the future. Please add a Mark as Completed for games in the Library, Plus a tab to easily find your hidden games!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, platprices isn't sending me emails about games getting discounted anymore. I checked my spam folder, but nothing. And I know 3-4 games on my wishlist got discounted on the new sale. So, no clue what's going on.

Edit: Nvm. Fixed now. For some reason it only happened during that one sale.

Edited by Hero_of_Time_507