I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

On 15/02/2022 at 10:31 AM, HusKy said:

Seems like the mechanism for setting region cookie is broken. You can fix this by opening dev tools and pasting document.cookie="countrycode=GB;". In this case, it would set the region to Great Britain. You can retrieve codes from the URL by switching to that particular region.

edit. Region list dumped from the website:

[AR,BR,CA,CL,MX,US,HK,ID,JP,KR,MY,SG,TW,TH,AU,AT,BE,BG,HR,CZ,DK,FI,FR,DE,GR,HU,IS,IN,IE,IL,IT,NL,NZ,NO,PL,PT,RO,RU,SA,ZA,ES,SE,CH,TR,UA,AE,GB]

@NathanielJohn

Thanks for this. Works perfectly!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's related to this 'cookie setting' but I still can't log into my account. I added a lot of games to my wishlist and now I get a dozen emails every time there is a sale on psn and I can't change it.

I would try the above method but I don't know where to paste this line

document.cookie="countrycode=GB

On 09/03/2022 at 7:19 AM, ZatjoW said:

I don't know if it's related to this 'cookie setting' but I still can't log into my account. I added a lot of games to my wishlist and now I get a dozen emails every time there is a sale on psn and I can't change it.

I would try the above method but I don't know where to paste this line

document.cookie="countrycode=GB

If you're using Chrome, then tap F12 and then a new window will open on the right. Tap Console on the top and then after the >     type in document.cookie="countrycode=GB;" 

46 minutes ago, DaKenwa said:

If you're using Chrome, then tap F12 and then a new window will open on the right. Tap Console on the top and then after the >     type in document.cookie="countrycode=GB;" 

I have tried and nothing changes. All i get is random error messages like "net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT".

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long to fix the login/country selection issues. It was indeed a cookie issue, but weirdly one only affecting some countries (which I don't live in, which is why it was so hard for me to test/fix). I believe this is fixed now, but I would appreciate if someone could confirm for me.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/03/2022 at 3:11 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Sorry for taking so long to fix the login/country selection issues. It was indeed a cookie issue, but weirdly one only affecting some countries (which I don't live in, which is why it was so hard for me to test/fix). I believe this is fixed now, but I would appreciate if someone could confirm for me.

Thank you for this. Haven't had issues for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, first of all this website is great. I stopped using psn4, psprices and psdeals (including the app). Keep suggesting your website to everyone I know too, hope you increase your traffic MoM constantly. 

I have few suggestions if you don't have anything in your planning:

- Add second price (smaller size, gray-fading colour) just below the existing prices with a preferred currency on top (just next to country flag), so it would be easy to compare and decide. Maybe you can connect to a currency source to convert the prices.

- In the sales list, you only have few games under DLC section, however the actual DLC discounted games are much more. Not sure why it is happening, but I found some of the DLC by manual search

- DLC only search in filters

- DLC & Other version (complete, season pass etc.) discount notification for whislist games

- PSNP Integration option for Library

• 2 months later...

@NathanielJohn Can you grab the info if a game is part of the new PS Plus game catalogue tiers? I think this would be a cool addition to show next to the price, maybe just as an icon. For example, https://platprices.com/game/39083-empire-of-sin is currently on sale and I was about to buy it but then realised I can't/don't need to because it's already part of the new PS Plus tier.

In addition to a hiding filter it could maybe also be an option to sort these entries or lower their opacity, so we can still see them but highlight the others we would need to buy more. I'm afraid this might be a little overkill but maybe even have an indication of some sort on different versions (like Premium Pack, Deluxe Pack, etc) when another version that is connected is part of the PS Plus game catalogue.

Edited by woggly4

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, would you please add something that checks for content no longer available in the Store and automatically hides/removes it?

Also will there be a way to go directly to the Store page of any selected item? I'm trying to check through all free content i own but it's frustrating.

Edited by Lance_87

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Hi, would you please add something that checks for content no longer available in the Store and automatically hides/removes it?

Better yet, leave it in PlatPrices, but change the game's color from blue to red, meaning "delisted".

12 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Also will there be a way to go directly to the Store page of any selected item? I'm trying to check through all free content i own but it's frustrating.

It's like the very first button on the game's page...

IiJgcKm.png

Edited by Zenpai

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, Lance_87 said:

This is slightly tricky, since it's impossible for my site to tell whether the game page is inaccessible since the game has been delisted, or if it's inaccessible because Sony's store is currently broken (last night it was broken for about 20 minutes and about 80% of games were acting like they were delisted, which would be terrible information to import into PlatPrices).

However, I've now added some additional checks on PlatPrices that should help with this issue. Now if a game cannot be fetches on several separate occasions at least a few hours apart, it will be removed from the database (well, not fully removed, but marked as delisted and hidden from search results).

• Like 1

I see you added some nice text to the game's page if it is in a PS+ tier... what about an option to filter out games in the PS+ tiers?

Additionally, it would be good to have a page specifically for the games in the tiers under Browse so we can sort by difficulty/time and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Slamma said:

I see you added some nice text to the game's page if it is in a PS+ tier... what about an option to filter out games in the PS+ tiers?

Additionally, it would be good to have a page specifically for the games in the tiers under Browse so we can sort by difficulty/time and stuff.

Both of these will be coming within a day or two :)

• Like 2

On 26/7/2022 at 2:45 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Edit: Another new update today -- PlatPrices now pulls unobtainable trophy information from HusKy's master list, so unobtainable trophy information should now stay much more up-to-date. See https://platprices.com/game/28146-mafia-iii-definitive-edition for example.

I don't know if this is the right thred to report this, but I just came across this issue:

ucJkYbp.png

The game has a fully obtainable platinum (at this point in time at least), but I think the site pulls this information from the wrong trophy list.

Edited by shary96
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shary96 said:

I don't know if this is the right thred to report this, but I just came across this issue:

ucJkYbp.png

The game has a fully obtainable platinum (at this point in time at least), but I think the site pulls this information from the wrong trophy list.

I have updated the trophy list URLs and I'm assuming the unobtainable trophies will be cleaned up by the system at some point.

• Like 1