I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

8 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Let me know how you want them implemented. They're catalogued on the site, just not wishlistable (would a wishlist etc for demos be useful) and don't appear in search results. Do people want them appearing in search results? Maybe as a separate option (i.e., not in the default results, but turn-on-able?)

Yes, appearing in search results would be nice. Even appearing in latest releases if possible.

Yeah, there is no Russia under Europe, and no mainland China under Asia section.

9 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

(and I now see 24 DLC packages for Dragon Ball FighterZ, which is the actual current limit on my site -- let me know if there's a good reason to increase that)

Driveclub, although delisted, has 110+ DLC. Using 128 as a limit might be fine, I guess.

• Like 1

Definitely a nice site and way better than the PSN store.  Especially like how it links to places to buy physical games.

Do have a couple of suggestions for features to add:

-Some sort of price history.  Seeing prices in other regions is definitely neat but it would also be nice to see if the current sale price is the lowest or if there have been better sales before.  Even a link to a third party site with this info would be enough. 

-Ability to customize what prices we see.  Other regions are great, but not everyone is interested in that or even all regions.  Maybe an option to set what regions show and also maybe include some other physical game retailers besides Amazon.

-Some sort of option to display other games by the same developer or publisher.  This has been one of my most wanted features for the PSN store besides emailing me when a wishlisted item goes on sale.  While I get that PSNP does indeed allow for this, not all games have developer and publisher info listed on here.  I know when I play a game that I find to be really good, I am going to see if the people who made it made other games and then I'm going to put those on my wishlist if they also look interesting.  Even just a search by developer/publisher would be enough.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll reply to more comments soon, but for now just two quick ones:

1 hour ago, inflict54 said:

Nice work, but there is no Russian region available on the site, is it right?

This was an oversight on my part, sorry! The Russian region is now there on the site, but it will take a day or two for the games list to fully propagate. Let me know if you encounter any weirdness.

2 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Besides that the trophy guide info for Dirt Rally says 2/10 and ~ 15 hours but both guides linked say 8/10 difficulty and 50 or 70 hours....

Edit: found another wrong trophy guide info: Sword Art Online Hollow Realization is marked with 10 hours completion but the guide linked says 120 hours...

Fixed, thanks!

20 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

what is the difference between the library and the wishlist?

Wishlist is games you want, and you can optionally receive e-mails when they go on sale.

Library is games you own. You can optionally have these hidden when browsing the site (since you likely aren't interested in re-buying games you already own).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, visighost said:

You just bumped psprices for me! Amazing job. At what frequency will your site trawl for discounts?

It's somewhat irregular so that I don't constantly spam Sony's servers for price information. I check for new sales in North America multiple times on Tuesday and Fridays (since that's when sales usually happen in those regions), for example, as well as sporadic spot-checks throughout the week for things that may have been missed. It also checks for updated prices whenever you go to a particular game page (at most once per day).

6 minutes ago, MarcioAP1 said:

I noticed that SoulCalibur VI trophy info is missing.

Fixed, thanks!

• Like 2

Just now, NathanielJohn said:

I check for new sales in North America multiple times on Tuesday and Fridays (since that's when sales usually happen in those regions), for example, as well as sporadic spot-checks throughout the week for things that may have been missed. It also checks for updated prices whenever you go to a particular game page (at most once per day).

Thanks! Sales have now been on Wednesdays and Fridays for some months, by the way. :)

• Like 2

More thing i could add is

1. new game i am pretty sure it shouldn't be just 6 games ? maybe button to toggle New This Week , and New This Month help a lot at new release section
2. Price history if possible

3. add section with preorder ? like game that is not available yet is in entire new section.