I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

Good, good... xD thanks again!

EDIT: i think there's something wrong, i tried searching for all possible PS4 free content but a lot of things are omitted... i've even tried sorting them by date but some thing appear as recently released despite having been released months ago (i.e. FF7 Remake free DLC)

Edited by Lance_87

23 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

i think there's something wrong, i tried searching for all possible PS4 free content but a lot of things are omitted... i've even tried sorting them by date but some thing appear as recently released despite having been released months ago (i.e. FF7 Remake free DLC)

Can you let me know about something that isn't showing up for you? When I search for free PS4 games/demos/dlc/everything, I get 1021 search results: https://ps5storefront.com/en-us/search.php?ps4=1&price=%240.01&pub=&diffcat=atmost&diff=10&timecat=atmost&time=9999999&page=1&sort=release&order=desc&fe=1

I did some minor bugfixxing mid-day yesterday, so maybe there was a temporary glitch that I sorted out without realizing it?

Very nice work, I have to say..

Just for my understanding, if I try to monitor discounts for one specific game across several regions, to get a mail notification whenever any one is on sale I have to include each version of this one game onto my wishlist (similar to how the old original PSN store worked)? For example if I'm waiting for the Lego Movie 2 game to get cheaper and get the best deal, I have to add the game once for each store I have access to to the wish list? Is this correct?

4 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Very nice work, I have to say..

Just for my understanding, if I try to monitor discounts for one specific game across several regions, to get a mail notification whenever any one is on sale I have to include each version of this one game onto my wishlist (similar to how the old original PSN store worked)? For example if I'm waiting for the Lego Movie 2 game to get cheaper and get the best deal, I have to add the game once for each store I have access to to the wish list? Is this correct?

Yep, that's correct (but I'm open to suggestions if you'd like it to operate otherwise).

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yep, that's correct (but I'm open to suggestions if you'd like it to operate otherwise).

No, I think it's fine that way. You probably need to add some mechanism to limit notifications to just the stores I chose in the settings, I don't know if this is worth the hassle.  And I have also games where I'm just looking for a specific stack, so it does not apply to all cases anyway...

Edited by dcdfan

14 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Can you let me know about something that isn't showing up for you? When I search for free PS4 games/demos/dlc/everything, I get 1021 search results: https://ps5storefront.com/en-us/search.php?ps4=1&price=%240.01&pub=&diffcat=atmost&diff=10&timecat=atmost&time=9999999&page=1&sort=release&order=desc&fe=1

I did some minor bugfixxing mid-day yesterday, so maybe there was a temporary glitch that I sorted out without realizing it?

Well yeah now it definitely shows a LOT more results. It was only 5 pages before.

EDIT: nevermind. It's still 5 pages in my region (198 results), compared to 23 pages (1021 results) for the U.S. Store. Doesn't make any sense. Could you please check the European regions? Especially Italy... but i've seen a similar situation for Austria and Germany (just two random regions i've chosen)

Edited by Lance_87

37 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

EDIT: nevermind. It's still 5 pages in my region (198 results), compared to 23 pages (1021 results) for the U.S. Store. Doesn't make any sense. Could you please check the European regions? Especially Italy... but i've seen a similar situation for Austria and Germany (just two random regions i've chosen)

Thanks, you're right -- it looks like a lot of demos and DLC aren't being catalogued in other regions. Not immediately sure why that's happening, but I'll have a look.

• Like 2

First, awesome work! the page looks great and it's even better than the original store (which does not have any images of some games).

Unfortunately, doesn't show Vita games, but ok, the work is great tough. Does it came with the prices for Argentina?

Thanks in advance. Already recommended to a few friends.

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Hi, any news on this?

Not yet, sorry. Should have a fix up within a week or so.

Edit: The site is now doing a massive search for product data on the PSN store that is missing in some regions, but it'll take at least a few days for this to fully complete. It's a pain since the official store does not have a list of all DLC or demos anywhere, so I can only find it by specifically searching for exactly what I want to catalog.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 1:11 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Done! You can search for DLCs and/or demos with any and all of the others filters available on the site (newest releases, below a certain price, etc), and you can wishlist/library/hide them.

This is awesome. Your store loads so much faster so this made finding DLC so much easier than the original store now!

Thanks dude!

4 hours ago, NathanielJohn said:

Edit: The site is now doing a massive search for product data on the PSN store that is missing in some regions, but it'll take at least a few days for this to fully complete. It's a pain since the official store does not have a list of all DLC or demos anywhere, so I can only find it by specifically searching for exactly what I want to catalog.

Ah good, so you did look into it. Thanks again. I just love to collect free content and having a fully working replacement site helps a lot.

ps: i think the pages have changed from 5 to 6, so something is already moving xD keep up the good work!

Edited by Lance_87

I thought of a feature that I don't think you've implemented. Can you show cross buy? Like when I buy a PS4 version of a game, but get access to it on the Vita and or PS3 as well. I just thought I'd put it out there, in case you felt it would add more value to your site, I'm not sure if there would be a lot of demand for it. But with the new generation in, lots of games are kind of cross-gen. Buy once but play on ps4 or ps5 etc.

I bought a used Vita recently and was happy to see some games already downloadable. I recently saw ps4 Salt and Sanctuary was $5.99ish on sale, at the same time the Ps Vita version was $16.99ish. I bought on PS4 for obvious reasons. But today realized it was downloadable on the Vita.

Edited by Spacey Dweeb

On 06/12/2020 at 4:50 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Looks like it's fixed! Great job!

If you don't mind, can I give you two suggestions?

1. Would it be possible to increase the number of DLC shown? For now, it looks like the maximum is 24 packs, but recent games have been known to have quite a lot more (like Dragon Ball FighterZ, where this message is shown:)

3elSbHY.png

2. Would it possible to have DLC ordered by release date, from most recent to oldest, instead of alphabetically? Or to at least have different ordering filters inside the game's page?

Edited by Zenpai