I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

19 minutes ago, Zenpai said:

1. Would it be possible to increase the number of DLC shown? For now, it looks like the maximum is 24 packs, but recent games have been known to have quite a lot more (like Dragon Ball FighterZ, where this message is shown:)

3elSbHY.png

2. Would it possible to have DLC ordered by release date, from most recent to oldest, instead of alphabetically? Or to at least have different ordering filters inside the game's page?

Yeah, better DLC management on each game's page is definitely on the to-do list. The plan is to be able to sort and paginate a game's DLC completely, but it'll be at least a few weeks -- I've got a few other things that I'm working on right now.

On 12/7/2020 at 2:43 AM, Spacey Dweeb said:

Can you show cross buy?

It's planned, but again is a bit away due to working on other things right now.

11 hours ago, Flakers_1908 said:

Have You thought about a dark template?

Also on the to-do list :) Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Currently working on fixing up game bundles, adding developer search, and adding genres.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Fnee2000 said:

Saw this on the top of the US store page, nice addition, weird amount : games with easy trophies, cost ≤ $4.54

Did you mean $4.99?

Nah I purposely did a weird amount because I wanted to show that people could choose whatever cut-off they like (i.e., they're not restricted to games under $5, games under $10, etc).

• Like 3

I've been moving my wishlist from another sites to this one and I've noticed something: Full Games not always appear on top and there are a lot of DLCs first. Search settings are not saved and must be enabled every time you do a search (to filter DLCs and prevent showing them on top). Pretty neat site to use, keep the good work! Another issue I found is I can't find SAO Alicization, the deluxe edition (PS5SF) shows, but the vanilla version doesn't. Well, the official store doesn't even let me select it for purchase in the web store, so it must be some sort error on their end and not yours.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Katt said:

I've been moving my wishlist from another sites to this one and I've noticed something: Full Games not always appear on top and there are a lot of DLCs first. Search settings are not saved and must be enabled every time you do a search (to filter DLCs and prevent showing them on top). Pretty neat site to use, keep the good work! Another issue I found is I can't find SAO Alicization, the deluxe edition (PS5SF) shows, but the vanilla version doesn't. Well, the official store doesn't even let me select it for purchase in the web store, so it must be some sort error on their end and not yours.

Thanks for the feedback! Search preferences (like hiding DLC) can be saved on your User Settings page, but it'd be a good idea to save them via cookies too. I'll add that to the to-do list.

And yeah, the vanilla version of SAO Alicization doesn't show up in the search results because you can't actually buy it. Some people have requested having a filter to show delisted/not-for-sale games, so that'll happen at some point.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

I moved the website to a new domain a few minutes ago. The old site name "PS5Storefront" seemed horribly generic, so it's now called "Plat Prices", and is located at platprices.com. Everything should just work automatically (e.g., all old links to ps5storefront.com will automatically redirect to the corresponding link on this new site, and all user info/wishlists/etc is still there, but you'll likely have to re-login). However, please let me know if you encounter any weirdness as a result of the domain name change.

• Like 1

New features implemented over the past few days:

• Game series. Now each game page contains links to other games in the same series, down below DLC. See the Mega Man 11 page, for example, which contains links to other Mega Man games.
  • Bundles. Bundles are now handled properly by the site. See the Assassin's Creed Legendary Collection, for example, which correctly lists that it contains 6 platinum trophies, and links to the 6 games in that bundle. Bundle data has to be entered manually by me, so please let me know if you come across any bundles that are currently not correctly listed as bundles.
  • Like 3

@NathanielJohn I don't receive the verification mail. Tried it multiple times but nothing (ofc I checked the spam folder aswell).

Mail provider is gmx, any ideas ?

Also can you add a report button if we find something that is wrong ? For example wrong guide information or whatever.

Edited by Yoey_666

5 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

@NathanielJohn I don't receive the verification mail. Tried it multiple times but nothing (ofc I checked the spam folder aswell).

Mail provider is gmx, any ideas ?

Also can you add a report button if we find something that is wrong ? For example wrong guide information or whatever.

Unfortunately some mail providers seem to outright block the verification e-mails from my site (presumably because it's new so they don't trust the URL). Send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I can manually verify your e-mail for you.

And yep, a "report missing/incorrect information" button will be coming within a couple of days :) In the meantime, feel free to private message me with links to anything that is wrong.

4 hours ago, THEULTRAMEMELORD said:

1 question is the money going to you?

No, the money goes 100% to Sony/the devs/whoever it normally goes to. My site just links to the Sony PSN web store.

The only way that I can currently make any money off this site is if you buy something off of Amazon through my site -- then I get a 1% commission (but the price of the game doesn't change for you).

2 hours ago, zero3extreme said:

I wonder if "lowest price history" feature can be done? 

Yep, that will come when price history comes. This is just an issue of the site not being up long enough yet, so I don't have much price history data yet (and knowing that it's the lowest price since the site launched in November 2020 isn't particularly useful).

• Like 3

Really a nice site you have going there!

Two suggestions I would make:

1.) When looking at screenshots, at the moment it opens the screenshot in a new tab, if you want to look at the next one, you have to close and open the next one... Would it be possible (or should I say easy? ?)  to make the screenshots open either in a pop-up or new tab with kind of scrolling arrows with which you could just switch to the next/previous screenshot without closing an opening a new tab? - just a little quality of life improvement, that screenshots are even displayed is a big plus either way!

2.) "new releases" only shows 6 games, and if I browse all games sorted by release date, it includes pre-orders, so to see all new releases, you have to open all games and then manually look for the first actually released game. My suggestion: at new releases, add a button "show more" which shows all new releases (of the week/month or whatever), or add a filter in browse all games which excludes pre-orders. - Also only a quality of life improvement, but i think it would be quite easy to implement

Edit:

I should add, I didn't read all 7 pages of this topic, so it's possible this has been mentioned already! If so, ignore this posting! 

Edited by gernboes

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Yep, that will come when price history comes. This is just an issue of the site not being up long enough yet, so I don't have much price history data yet (and knowing that it's the lowest price since the site launched in November 2020 isn't particularly useful).

make sense,thanks for your effort for developing the website,this one definitely come in handy!

On 18/11/2020 at 10:43 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Hey folks, I've been working on a trophy-hunter-friendly version of the PSN web store for the past month or so (ever since Sony re-launched their webstore), and it's now ready for people to take it for a spin:

PlatPrices.com

Features:

1. Wishlist, library, and hide lists.
    You can keep track of games you are interested in (and optionally receive e-mail notifications when they go on sale), games you own, and games you want to hide (i.e., games you have no interest in). You can optionally have the site hide games that are in your library as well (so that you don't see them when browsing sales, for example).

2. Trophy list, guide, difficulty, and time-to-platinum integration.
    Game pages have links to their trophy list on PSNProfiles, as well as guides on all major sites (PSNProfiles guides are displayed first when they exist). A difficulty and time estimate is also provided for games, and that info is also displayed when browsing lists of games. Here is what the top of the page for Final Fantasy VII Remake looks like, for example (the "Trophies" text at the top-right links to the trophy list on PSNP):

waA5Rlg.png

3. Search and sort based on price, difficulty, time to platinum, and so on.
    Want to find all free games with a platinum? You can do that.
    Want to sort all Assassin's Creed games by trophy difficulty? You can do that.
    Want to find all games that are currently on sale and have a platinum, and sort them by platinum completion time? You can do that.
    Only have $4.54 in your wallet and you want to find all games that cost $4.54 or less and have a trophy difficulty of no more than 2/10? You can do that too.

4. Prices in other regions.
    Everything described above works in any region of the PS store, and you can see if a game is cheaper in another region at a glance on its game page. You can also hop directly to other regions so that you can quickly buy a game in multiple regions (if you're into stacking trophy lists).

5. Screenshots and trailers.
    Screenshots and trailers are displayed for most games, unlike on the official PSN web store.

More features will be incoming soon, and the trophy database is still a work in progress (like I said, I only started this a bit over a month ago) that will improve over time. Your feedback, feature requests, and corrections to trophy information are very appreciated. If you see a game that is missing a guide link, let me know about it (and give me the guide link). If you are familiar with a game that does not currently have a difficulty estimate, give me your difficulty estimate for it. Etc.

Thanks to @baboon_overlord for helping me beta test it over the past week or so.

I'm definitely checking this out man, you mentioned everything Sony took away and gave more.

Fantastic idea mate, I hope the site does well for you.

8 hours ago, Yoey_666 said:

This is now done. On every game page there is now a link "report missing or incorrect information" on the right-hand side (right under the "Hide this Game" button). Clicking on that link brings up a textarea where you can tell me what's wrong or missing on that page.

Edit: and some reports have already come in. Thank you!

2 hours ago, gernboes said:

1.) When looking at screenshots, at the moment it opens the screenshot in a new tab, if you want to look at the next one, you have to close and open the next one... Would it be possible (or should I say easy? 1f62c.png)  to make the screenshots open either in a pop-up or new tab with kind of scrolling arrows with which you could just switch to the next/previous screenshot without closing an opening a new tab? - just a little quality of life improvement, that screenshots are even displayed is a big plus either way!

2.) "new releases" only shows 6 games, and if I browse all games sorted by release date, it includes pre-orders, so to see all new releases, you have to open all games and then manually look for the first actually released game. My suggestion: at new releases, add a button "show more" which shows all new releases (of the week/month or whatever), or add a filter in browse all games which excludes pre-orders. - Also only a quality of life improvement, but i think it would be quite easy to implement

Thanks for the suggestions! These were already on the to-do list in some form, but it's helpful to hear multiple versions of how people want these things implemented.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 1

Hello again! I've been using this site more and more. Eveytime there is a Sale, I go to my Wishlist and sort my list by Discount % ↧. It would be nice to add a default sorting in the settings so you can adjust whatever you want to see first in the Wishlist with just 2 clicks. Thanks again for your work!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Katt said:

Hello again! I've been using this site more and more. Eveytime there is a Sale, I go to my Wishlist and sort my list by Discount % ↧. It would be nice to add a default sorting in the settings so you can adjust whatever you want to see first in the Wishlist with just 2 clicks. Thanks again for your work!

Good idea, thanks! Would you want a setting specifically for the wishlist, or would you like a setting that applies site-wide? Or maybe multiple options (e.g., default for wishlist, default for library...)?

50 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

Good idea, thanks! Would you want a setting specifically for the wishlist, or would you like a setting that applies site-wide? Or maybe multiple options (e.g., default for wishlist, default for library...)?

More settings for everyone is more work. I like all your ideas. I just described how I use the site for my own experience. Some people would want default settings for their own needs. Mine is just my wishlist. Take it easy though! You are doing an awesome job!