I Made a Better PSN Web Store

NathanielJohn

So I did some playing around on the site and one of the suggested searches (free games with platinums) seems to be including stuff that doesn't quite fit the mark. 

It shows anything free associated with games that have platinums, this includes free trials/demos and free DLCs for games. For example, Battlefield 4 shows up twice in this filter because of 2 free DLC and a Call of Duty games shows up too.

One thing I love however is the discount % filter and also the quick view of prices in other regions to be able to recommend grabbing the game to friends in other countries if said game is discounted there too.

I used to make use of sites like psprices but I think this makes browsing easier than that, all it's missing compared to that site as far as I can tell is the price history graphs they have, unless this site also does similar and I'm just not seeing it.

8 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

It shows anything free associated with games that have platinums, this includes free trials/demos and free DLCs for games. For example, Battlefield 4 shows up twice in this filter because of 2 free DLC and a Call of Duty games shows up too.

Fixed, thanks. Sony's store unfortunately returns extremely inconsistent information about what type of product a product is (game, DLC, demo, bundle, ...), so I have to do a lot of manual tweaking for things like that. Let me know if you encounter other weirdnesses like that (either here or using the site's "report incorrect or missing information" link).

And price history graphs aren't live yet, just because I only have 1 month of price history data to show so far (since the site went live). Once I have more data I'll put them up.

• Like 4

Some new information is starting to populate in the database as of today: OpenCritic review scores, Developer info, and Genres. It'll take a few days before all of the game's in the database have this info, but for now it's present on about a thousand game pages (example: https://platprices.com/en-us/game/3802-final-fantasy-type-0-hd).

Over the next week or so I'm going to be adding in the ability to search and sort based OpenCritic score, Developer, and Genre.

Edit: You can now sort by OpenCritic review score.

Edited by NathanielJohn
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

How often does the website pull updates as currently almost every game i search up updates and then adds to the front page under Newest Discounts. Not sure I feel like searching up 1000 games for this current sale that is starting today. :lol::lol:

The sale only went live in North America about an hour ago. US is almost done updating, and Canada will start right after that.

Oh my goodness, thank you, thank you, thank you. I have signed up and created my wishlist on your site. Sony's decision to remove the wishlist from their store was a dire decision, so what you've done is fantastic. I can't seem to verify my e-mail, though. I requested a re-send verification but I'm not receiving anything, even in junk mail.

14 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Hey bud, did the site stopped updating in EU regions?

I'm in the UK and can confirm that not all the games on sale have updated on your site yet.

Edited by Desmuria

3 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Hey bud, did the site stopped updating in EU regions? Because i've seen a couple of new free addons released in the past few days but they aren't listed in the site, i.e. some Audica DLC songs.

Nope, didn't stop getting updated. Send me a link to the items on the official PSN web store and I'll look into why they might not have been caught.

2 hours ago, Desmuria said:

I can't seem to verify my e-mail, though. I requested a re-send verification but I'm not receiving anything, even in junk mail.

Unfortunately some e-mail services seem to be blocking e-mails from my site, presumably since it's a new URL that they don't trust yet. Send an e-mail to [email protected] from the e-mail that you used to sign up, and I'll manually verify your e-mail address.

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

Nope, didn't stop getting updated. Send me a link to the items on the official PSN web store and I'll look into why they might not have been caught.

This is a random example: https://store.playstation.com/it-it/product/EP8802-CUSA17616_00-HMXAUDICASONG028?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

Yeah i know it's the old Store but if you search for "Compass" in the new site it'll still show up.

33 minutes ago, NathanielJohn said:

New feature today: game pages now show what region the game is cheapest in. For example, the game page for Final Fantasy 7 Remake points out that it is cheapest in Brazil, where it costs R$124.95, which is the equivalent of $23.92 USD (which is less than the current US store price of $29.99).

‘just found this today, this is such an amazing concept and amazing work you have done, As a trophy hunter i’m really glad to see what the expected platinium time is for games i’m on the fence about, all the features are Pretty amazing and you constantly improving it is quite nice to see

On 11/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, NathanielJohn said:

As for this, I would note that China currency can be added via Alipay, as that's what OBT used the past few times I went to purchase Mainland China games znsi0fQ.png But do note, that Korean PSN cards are useless without a method of account creation. Yes, OBT offers the service, but there is no free way of making one, afaik, due to the social identification requirements. 

32 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

As for this, I would note that China currency can be added via Alipay, as that's what OBT used the past few times I went to purchase Mainland China games znsi0fQ.png But do note, that Korean PSN cards are useless without a method of account creation. Yes, OBT offers the service, but there is no free way of making one, afaik, due to the social identification requirements. 

Thanks, I've added the note about Korean accounts to that page. As for mainland China -- is there a mainland China PSN store? I know they used to have one until May 2020, but I was under the impression it had been down ever since. I'll add info about buying games from the China store if it exists.

Very impressive work on your behalf! I can finally stop compiling all this information manually and let go of the excel files I use to compile it.

Not much to suggest that has not been already mentioned. Maybe one thing: in addition to "at least" or "no more than" the difficulty and plat time filters could use an option of "between - and -"

Cheers and congrats!

On 12/29/2020 at 2:48 PM, NathanielJohn said:

Thanks, I've added the note about Korean accounts to that page. As for mainland China -- is there a mainland China PSN store? I know they used to have one until May 2020, but I was under the impression it had been down ever since. I'll add info about buying games from the China store if it exists.

Yep, it came back as I recently bought a new China-only game.

On 2020-11-18 at 3:43 PM, NathanielJohn said:

I’m so glad I saw this post in the ‘recently replied’ section. I’ve used two or three third party PSN pricing websites but they all had negative parts. One of them had a mobile app but it was an ad fest, and the website wasn’t too bad but you couldn’t add anything without getting their membership so either use the website and unless there’s something on sale that instant then it’s kind of pointless. The other one I found was a lot better but the prices were only in USD. This website is not only great in terms of UX but also has tons of content. The only thing I can think of it missing is a price charting history... but I could easily switch to a different site when something goes on sale to see if it’s the lowest price/the most likely ‘newest lowest price’ 

This site is greatly appreciated! ? 

Edited by OmegaRejectz