Can you keep playing your character on PS5 if you create a new account?

With the eventual acquistion of my future PS5, I have a question about the trophy list for FFXIV. I have a save file on my PS4 with my characters on it, and I just have three trophies to go. If I create a new account on the PS5 and buy the game on my PS5, can I get my character account and just finish doing the trophies there or do I have to create a whole new Square-Enix account for the PS5? Not like I am going to hissy fit if I had to start another new character on a new server, but I've already changed character and started over way too many times(which was a sin because I should have stuck with my first character to the end, but i was learning the game! :() but if I can avoid that and stick with my current Lalafell, Oliver Seajay(started in Limsa, so the surname is a pun) I'd be grateful.

Okay, I admit I want to redo my platinums(curse you Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, never should have bought you) and if I have to sacrifice all of my time on FFXIV, so be it, but I would like not to.

Thanks for the replies to anyone who replies to this.

Your progression is saved on Square-Enix's servers rather than on your console, if you buy the game on both plateformes you can play on PlayStation and PC. So as long as you log into the same account you should be able to get your character back.

Furthermore the current version of FFXIV on PS5 is the PS4 one with backwards compatibility, so there should really be no problems about it :)

Edited by Tetho_mig
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Tetho_mig said:

Your progression is saved on Square-Enix's servers rather than on your console, if you buy the game on both plateformes you can play on PlayStation and PC. So as long as you log into the same account you should be able to get your character back.

Furthermore the current version of FFXIV on PS5 is the PS4 one with backwards compatibility, so there should really be no problems about it :)

Okay thanks. I sort of had a hunch that if you logged into the game on another system, you just had to log into the Square-Enix site and your characters were saved there.

19 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

I never understood why people create a new account when the next generation begins. Why can't you use your current account on PS5?

Three words: MELODY. OF. MEMORY. :(