Name That Tune coming to Fox on Jan 6.

RadiantFlamberge

Fox has shown a lot of love for music shows lately, so it's not too surprising from them... and it is surely welcome news. Name That Tune starts up on Jan. 6 and for a 10-episode run, hosted by 30 Rock's Jane Krakowski with American Idol's Randy Jackson as the band leader.

NTT has several mini games where you name songs, such as Bid-A-Note. After getting a clue to the song, you say "I can name that tune in 7 notes" or whatever you want to bid, then your opponent can either bid down or tell you "name that tune". The keyboardist will then tap out the number of notes. If you're really, truly sure, you could even try a bid of ZERO notes.

The match's winner plays the Golden Medley round, where the goal is to name a certain number of songs within a time limit (such as 7 in 30 seconds). Sound easy? Nope. If you guess just one song incorrectly, it's game over. You're allowed to pass on a song and go back to it later.

I've seen Jim Lange's version of NTT on Freeform (then called Family Channel) in the mid-90s and also on YouTube, along with some of Tom Kennedy's NTT episodes. Good stuff. I'm getting hyped for this revival.

Bonus points if they keep the opening theme song from Jim Lange's version. That is a hot jam.

I'm so psyched for this... bring it on! I've also found another version on YT with Dennis James which has a game called Money Tree... that is pretty interesting. While your opponent is trying to name tunes, you pick money off of their tree as fast as you can.