Why do a game (like miles morales) have a trophy list ps4 and another with the same trophies on ps5

GrumpyFelo

I agree, it just feels unnecessary to have another list for most games, like why couldn't they just be combined? They're literally the same game but with slight enhancements.

Even some games that were on PS3 had the same list as PS4 when that version came came out, games like Terraria and Badlands.

I was expecting most next gen games to have combined lists with their last gen counterparts, but no.

A friend of mine reported that with Fortnite all the trophies you earned on the PS4 version all auto pop on the PS5 version. WHY NOT JUST COMBINE THE LIST??

Free double plat for anyone who did it once I guess.

Oh god. I was so angry (and still am) at the fact that I bought the witcher 3 complete edition (or whatever it's called) just because it was cheaper at the time than buying the three dlc's separate so I could go back and complete the dlcs just to find out that the witcher 3 has 3 separate trophy lists with all the same freaking trophies!! Now I'm blocked out of buying the dlcs for the base game so I can no longer go and 100% that game and now I have 2 versions of it that I can't do anything with cause I'm sure as hell not starting that whole game up again. It's ridiculous. Why? Ps vita shares trophies.

1 hour ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

i mean, this is how it was when the 4 launched too, and tons of games got seperate lists for both on the same launch, give it time, theyll figure out how to toss the stacks out

I think it was rather the opposite. When the PS4 launched several games inlcuding some from ps2 generation have a combined trophy list of ps4/ps3/vita but the amount dropped over the years. Later on more and more games have ps4 and Vita seperated. And eventually the regional stacks came wide spread too...

@ topic

the devs want seperated trophy lists :D  maybe expecting more sales. I'm in for seperated trophy lists.

Actually, I don’t think you will ever see any shared lists. As it stands, PS5 trophies cannot be viewed on a PS3, PS4 or Vita. Total trophy counts are correct, but PS5 lists can’t be seen on those systems.

I assume this means Sony has implemented a new server that only the PS5 connects to for trophy data. Where would the shared list go? PS4 would need to be able to access that server, but that’s not the same one as the PS5. If it’s the PS5 server, the trophies wouldn’t sync from the PS4?

Accordingly, I don’t think a shared list is even possible from a technical perspective.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Folgers101 said:

And how does that help my account? 

Activate that account as primary for your console. Any other account will be able to play the content bought in that account. You can have up to 16 accounts activated simultaneously. Same thing as buying in a store of different region.

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Activate that account as primary for your console. Any other account will be able to play the content bought in that account. You can have up to 16 accounts activated simultaneously. Same thing as buying in a store of different region.

Never bought from the store in a different region ? I guess I could go and do that.. had no idea.

9 minutes ago, Folgers101 said:

Never bought from the store in a different region ? I guess I could go and do that.. had no idea.

It's worth doing for different region stacks and especially sales. My main acc is eu and my second NA and i get the american store cards for a cheaper price compared to EU.