• Triple Triad Update
  • Doman Mahjong Update
  • Explorer Mode
  • Performance Update
  • New Game+ Update

And more!

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 1

I played for probably a year off and on, got a few jobs to 80, I let my sub run out recently, and I've yet to even start Stormblood.  Love this game, probably the one MMORPG I'm legitimately addicted to, but I've totally burnt myself out on ARR and Heavensward dungeons via roulettes. xD

I'll be damned if I don't think about re-upping every day.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 5:48 AM, Venocide said:

Check the link for all the info, here's a quick rundown:

• New main scenario quests: Futures Rewritten
  • New raid: Eden's Promise
  • New dungeon: Matoya's Relict
  • Chronicles of a New Era: The Sorrow of Werlyt
  • New Trial - Castrum Marinum
  • Save the Queen - Past to Rest
  • New Large-scale Battle - Delubrum Reginae
  • Blue Mage Update
  • Ishgardian Restoration Updates
  • New Unreal Trial
  • Skysteel Tool Update
  • Treasure Hunt Update
  • Ocean Fishing Update
  • Triple Triad Update
  • Doman Mahjong Update
  • Explorer Mode
  • Performance Update
  • New Game+ Update

Sadly, none of this matters to people just going for the platinum trophy on PS4 because half of these things do not have trophies(like the Blue Mage and Treasure Hunts, which are high-level content because Zonureskin maps are only available in Shadowbringers areas) and the rest are Level 80 content and you don't need to get past Level 50 to get the platinum - Binding Coils is the only option dungeon you need for a trophy and you only need to clear the last part. Gold Saucer has no trophies connected to it, and by the time you get the Skysteel crafting/gathering tools, you'll have earned all of the related crafting and gathering trophies long ago.

Ocean Fishing update is pointless as, which I stated in another thread, I discovered that the fish you get on the Ocean Fishing routes do NOT count for the trophy, you have to catch all of the fish in the regular waters of the game. Explorer Mode is also only tied to Shadowbringers content(as of now), and all of the new quests and dungeons are Shadowbringers content and you'll have earned the platinum automatically way before you enter the 3.0 storyline.

FFXIV has no special DLC trophies connected to the expansions, so you don't even need to buy the complete edition, you can just buy the starter kit which has only the Realm Reborn and Heavensward content, and get the platinum before you complete every MSQ.

For the record, I am not saying this patch was dumb or bad, I am just saying that everything in it is irrevelant to those jumping it just for a platinum trophy, which I think is a stupid way to play an MMO because the high-level content is something I am eager to keep playing this game for. If you are just in it for the trophies, don't do this game. Several of the trophies take weeks of real time and aren't worth it. Go play My Name Is Mayo 2 or something else EZPZ if you are just looking for trophies. I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying that but I am just warning anyone eager to play this game for trophies - don't play it for the trophies, there is so many things you are missing just by doing the MSQ to the 2.1 story and clearing Binding Coils then being inactive until you get all 1000 allowances for levequests. You'll miss the weird adventures of Hildebrand, the Crystal Tower(which you need to clear if you want to go past the platinum and play the rest of the content as it's now a required side-quest for Shadowbringers 5.4 content), Blue Mage spell hunting and so much more. :)

Yeah, that’s not entirely true. Ocean Fishing can be used towards the platinum. I also have to disagree with the fact you “shouldn’t play this game for trophies” as there are a lot of very easy trophies to get that take nearly no time at all. 

Playing this game just for a platinum however, I would advise against. It took me over a year of daily playing to get this platinum (because for the first month or two I really had no idea what I was doing). 

It is a great game but it is a time sinker.