Dear People Who Bought a PS5 Just to Sell It For Doubled On eBay

OpenScars

If I might play the devil's advocate here, they had just as much chance as anyone else to buy those ps5 and imo it's completely their own choice what they decide to do with it afterwards. If people will be smart and not buy it from them then they will have just screwed themselves over (if they bought multiple consoles just to sell them).

I would be more mad on the people who actually buy it from them.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Flex_Da_Brent said:

If I might play the devil's advocate here, they had just as much chance as anyone else to buy those ps5 and imo it's completely their own choice what they decide to do with it afterwards. If people will be smart and not buy it from them then they will have just screwed themselves over (if they bought multiple consoles just to sell them).

I would be more mad on the people who actually buy it from them.

Buying it to purposely sell on for twice the price, to people that couldn't get one, due to them / dickheads, managing to get one... is shit. 
If I managed to get two, I'd either cancel one order or sell it on eBay for £449... due to NOT being an asshole.

If it's up for auction, I don't have a problem with it. If a buyer wants to keep bidding into the crazy monies then that's on them.

What I can't stand is when they straight-up list with a ridiculous buy it now price. On Facebook marketplace, someone nearby has 2 up for £1000 each!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OpenScars said:

Buying it to purposely sell on for twice the price, to people that couldn't get one, due to them / dickheads, managing to get one... is shit. 
If I managed to get two, I'd either cancel one order or sell it on eBay for £449... due to NOT being an asshole.

You do realize we're in a global pandemic right? People have been laid off in the hundreds of thousands. Seems a perfect time to invest in a few consoles and make enough money, to provide for your family for a bit.

Edited by VigilantCrow
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, OpenScars said:

Never said they weren't assholes and I'm definitely not saying it should exist, but it's not like they "stole" those ps5 from other people, they just bought it for another reason than we would. It's not like we have more right to have that ps5 because we would actually play on it, that's not how it works. But I obviously agree that it's antisocial behaviour at its finest.

If only no one is so stupid to actually buy it from them then I'll doubt they would ever do it again. In a couple of weeks/months ps5 supply will outbalance demand again and they will just sit there with their 8 consoles and wasted pile of money. It's not that bad to wait a bit.

Edited by Flex_Da_Brent
  • Like 1

Don't worry, the PS5 is not some kind of limited time item. In a couple weeks/months those same people will have to sell all those extra PS5'S at normal price because people will just be able to go buy them at normal price elsewhere.

People who try to resell things like video game consoles at a higher price really don't understand how supply and demand actually works. 

• Like 1

I feel your anger is misplaced and you should be angry with the people stupid enough to buy a PS5 for double or triple the price. You can’t really blame the scalpers since we all gotta make money. It’s the people suffering from FOMO that enables it. But at the end of the day it doesn’t really matter, anyone who wants a PS5 will get one they just might have to wait a few months. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VigilantCrow said:

You do realize we're in a global pandemic right? People have been laid off in the hundreds of thousands. Seems a perfect time to invest in a few consoles and make enough money, to provide for your family for a bit.

Because people haven't done this on the past for other consoles? Please dont use covid as an excuse 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Because people haven't done this on the past for other consoles? Please dont use covid as an excuse 

Sure it has and I wholeheartedly approve of it. Covid's just as good an excuse as any other personal financial problem in the household.

Edited by VigilantCrow

3 hours ago, Solid-Fisch said:

Everyone who can resell his/her PS5 now with a profit is making easy money. Congrats to those people. Drain the idiots who can't wait or control their feelings. Drain them dry!

Agreed. Shouldn't the blame on this issue go to 1. Sony for not producing more to curtail the demand and 2. the people that are willing to pay ridiculously amounts for something that they can wait for when it's cheaper? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pathtoninja said:

Agreed. Shouldn't the blame on this issue go to 1. Sony for not producing more to curtail the demand and 2. the people that are willing to pay ridiculously amounts for something that they can wait for when it's cheaper? 

Yeah i certainly don't get people paying that much for it when you have to wait at most 6 months. But more realistically you only have to wait 2-4 months if you really are trying to get one and phoning around etc.

• Like 1

It’s a complete mess. I checked a lot of websites selling the PS5 and it is completely sold out right now. 

In times like these when there is a hot new item on the market there will be people who will try to take advantage. You couldn’t get me to pay that much for a new console regardless, it’s just a few people trying to scam potential buyers to make more money. 

Anyone falling for this crap should be blamed for being too gullible. Wait a few weeks for the supplies to come back and then make a reasonable purchase that doesn’t involve paying a fucking arm for it. 

The reason these people are selling the PS5 overpriced is because there are idiots out there dumb enough to shell that kind of money on it. Again if that fall in that trap, the fault is entirely on them. 

Too many people nowadays don’t have the patience to wait for anything. Patience is a virtue. 

If this wasn’t a hot new item, these scammers wouldn’t be doing this at all.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1