The yummy tears of trophy elitists

cm-PUNK2000

in my humble opinion everyone is free to get any plat they want to get , if they  get easy plats that is fine , if they get hard plats is fine too , it doesnt affect me at all , as long as they have fun and not doing it just by increasing a number , that afterall everything is virtual and we cant touch it 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DonBrandon98 said:

in my humble opinion everyone is free to get any plat they want to get , if they  get easy plats that is fine , if they get hard plats is fine too , it doesnt affect me at all , as long as they have fun and not doing it just by increasing a number , that afterall everything is virtual and we cant touch it 

hey i can touch my tv screen!

What are you trying to achieve, exactly?

Just as you're free  to play Mayo, others are free to think what they want about those games, are you trying to policy their speech? Perhaps everyone playing mayo and then lamenting that some people don't like them ("elitism") should get banned from the leaderboards, you know, getting a taste of their own medicine.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, cm-PUNK2000 said:

I never really got the mentality of caring so much about what other people play and platinum. It's totally fine to not wanna do easy ratalika plats, i don't really do them anymore as i dont find it satisfying to do since for me half the fun comes from making a nice long post detailing my endeavors on the plat. But at the same time I never told anyone hey you shouldn't get this plat or that plat because its too easy. Maybe they find it fun, or they just want a quick plat for the endorphins who knows, but at the end of the day its their accounts, their money so who really gives a hoof.

i've recently seen a surge in trophy elitsts with the release of mayo2, people being genuinely pissed at us for having fun playing some stupid one dollar game about a mayonnaise bottle and to those I just really wanna ask, why? The argument I see the most is something along the lines of 'it ruins leaderboards' well if you think it does then just make your own leaderboards with your own rules and not include all the games you don't like. But they wont they just complain and complain about easy platinums ruining trophy hunting and then not do anything about but make some sad petition to stop ratalika games from being allowed to put plats in their games (yes its sadly real). 

I'm honestly just fed up with the elitism and the gatekeeping that is separating the trophy hunting community, which is already a tiny one compared to the gaming community. I think it should just be simple, play what you like, let others play what they like. You don't have to congratulate someone for doing a plat you find too easy but you also shouldn't call them out or mock them for doing an easy one (I'm talking on a serious level not just as friendly banter).

I am open to different view points and different arguments, not really willing to argue as I don't use forums or check forums often at all just felt the need to say this. If you disagree, please do voice your point of view so maybe I could understand better where you're coming from. because so far all the stuff I heard from elitists is complete non sensical anti-fun crap.

This is deep :)  to be honest its about time easy games with plats have appeared (easy games can clear your mind of things to even after playing a hard game). the Elitist and gatekeeping are only complaining about it cause their worried about their scoreboard and profile to show off saying how they are on top and telling people to git gud (like anyone has the time to acknowledge or care for what they have).  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

We already have one incredibly long topic discussing this, do we really need another one?

But this Thread has a better title.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Generelly when I see a trophy list of someone with roughly 90 percent Ratalaika Games, I automatically think it’s a piece of shit 

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 2

This most baflling thing about this Mayo discussion is how Mayo is jack shit compared to all the Rataliaka EZPZ.

We have 1 stack for Mayo 2 that's it.

Where Rataliaka publishes games that take less time to Platinum than Mayo and have 6 stacks.

How does Mayo just bring all these people out while Rataliaka drops EZPZ every week. Go cry about those, not Mayo.

• Like 2

Trophies are trophies and where players earn them is entirely up to them. With well over 1000 platinums earned in the first 24 hours(myself included), Mayo 2 certainly appeals to the masses. The leaderboard on the site is for trophies won in all types of game so why give a shit about how the totals are made up. I like the ratalaika games because being a gamer from the 70's onwards, some of their games have the retro feel from long ago (I'm talking Firefox F7 etc). If other players don't like that, so what and fuck 'em. In the big scale of things, the haters don't even register on my radar; they're not important enough for me to give a shit to how they see what they think is the 'correct' way to earn trophies.

I don't care what people play or plat. The only thing that pisses me off is when people ask me to "help" them with a trophy via shareplay. Like get good or gtfo. It's mostly about Yakuza Kiwami or Zero, and whenever some chimp texts me to help them cheat my blood boils.

• Like 1

I don't really care about their difficulties or quick completion times tbh, what annoys me is seeing these talentless hacks profiting from their shovelware. 

They shit on their own hand, hand you that turd, and take your money. They know how profitable it is to sell platinums, so they'll never stop. 

I have two platinums like these: Slyde and Adam's Venture, and I regret buying them. Not platting them, what I regret is supporting these devs. 

For all the shit Elitists have thrown at Telltale, they at least used to make decent games. 

PS: I agree with most, the Mayo games are nowhere near being the worst platinums out there, there are far, far worse. (Jack n Jill and Little Adventure on the Prairie come to mind)