The yummy tears of trophy elitists

cm-PUNK2000

On 11/20/2020 at 9:02 PM, aZombieDictator said:

How does Mayo just bring all these people out while Rataliaka drops EZPZ every week. Go cry about those, not Mayo.

Mayo is pretty much the most famous of the easy ones and it's easier to see the new game than it is a Ratalaika where you have to actually click on the trophy list and see the publisher.  These people like to judge without even being familiar with the product.  Many of these people judge on very broad strokes with little knowledge of the games involved.  For example, I've seen people label all stacks as worthless.  Many people seem to think that EZPZ stuff like Mayo, POWGI and Ratalaika are the only games that have stacks when there are stacks of 100+ hour plats and even UR plats out there. 

The real issue is that people like this are upset that others are going to quickly get to the same level or surpass them in regards to stats, leaderboard levels, etc.  Same thing happened on Steam with the clicker game craze and the achievement spam game craze.  People got upset about those games devaluing achievements, but what it really seemed to come down to was that people were upset that it now only took a few hours to get over 10k achievements when many of us spent years getting that many achievements.  The same holds true on here with easy plats.  Some people spent years getting hundreds of plats from games that took 50-100 hours or more to plat, then along comes plats that you can get in an hour.  Now someone can bridge the gap and get to 100+ plats a lot more quickly.  The elitists are upset because it's now easy to get to the same levels they have.

• Like 2

Just Platinum it today. It was quite a fun experience. If you think the game is fun, play it. If not, find a 'harder' game to play. I honestly don't get the complaining. I remember when people complained about this shit for TellTale Games too. Tales From the Borderlands and Walking Dead: The Final Season were also fun and great experiences despite their easy plats. 

• Like 1

On 23.11.2020 at 1:05 PM, PalaceOfLove706 said:

The truth is it’s a battle the elitists have already lost. They’re like Trump. And they know it.

“The leaderboards...they’re totally rigged. Don’t mean anything anymore. And we won’t stand for it.”

”If you played Mayo your account is fake. Totally fake, doesn’t mean anything. Anyone who plays my games are real, but yours are fake. A total attack on the integrity of our system.”

Nice strawman! Undermining valid criticism with a Trump comparison and made up arguments. Seriously what's wrong with you?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

The comparison is beyond stupid and bringing politics to a trophy forum is just idiotic. Even the title of this thread itself is awful.

The forum is “off topic” - so I think it’s very much in the spirit of the thread to bring in grandiose conclusive satirical comparisons to point out the on-going idiocy of people who, at the end of the day, are trying to denounce people’s gaming habits and aspirations. Now that the tables are turned, you’re acting just like a Trump supporter.

And those tears are.........yummy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

The forum is “off topic” - so I think it’s very much in the spirit of the thread to bring in grandiose conclusive satirical comparisons to point out the on-going idiocy of people who, at the end of the day, are trying to denounce people’s gaming habits and aspirations. Now that the tables are turned, you’re acting just like a Trump supporter.

And those tears are.........yummy

You don't know what satire is and what tables? Why do you even put people in categories? Just because I didn't like your statement? This is not Twitter man.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

You don't know what satire is and what tables? Why do you even put people in categories? Just because I didn't like your statement? This is not Twitter man.

The tables turning is a reference to the many threads that denounced people who play Rata games or anyone who has an 'easy' platinum. Honestly, after that exhaustion, it's nice to see a thread bringing together the many people who play those games alongside other ones call out the ridiculousness of those arguments.

Why put people in categories? I don't know, I probably shouldn't, but I was just having fun to be honest. Sorry to have deeply offended you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

The tables turning is a reference to the many threads that denounced people who play Rata games or anyone who has an 'easy' platinum. Honestly, after that exhaustion, it's nice to see a thread bringing together the many people who play those games alongside other ones call out the ridiculousness of those arguments.

Why put people in categories? I don't know, I probably shouldn't, but I was just having fun to be honest. Sorry to have deeply offended you.

But even in these threads "both sides" are fairly equally represented. No one can state that easy trophies are a shame without having many people arguing against it.

Anyway, this thread and statements like your previous one only fuel these nonsense topics and divide this (already) small community. But hey, it's all good.

2 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

But even in these threads "both sides" are fairly equally represented. No one can state that easy trophies are a shame without having many people arguing against it.

Anyway, this thread and statements like your previous one only fuel these nonsense topics and divide this (already) small community. But hey, it's all good.

Do I have your forgiveness, brother? I am sorry.

• Like 1

I didn't even know these games existed until I became a member here. I would have never known about mayo which is my easiest plat, it was fun and stupid at the same time. I don't think I've met an elitist and if anyone was even remotely interested couldn't we just see the flood of easy plats?

I platted the original Mayo with a Turbo Controller.

A trophy to me is a stamp in my gaming passport.

In a year or two, I will laugh at the platinum of this game, thinking how weird it is that after waiting since march (9 months) for my launch day PS5, and being one of the lucky, yet determined ones to get it delivered to my door by 9am, I still download and played my name is mayo 2, because I saw it as a ps4 game in the ps5 playstation store.. 

Edited by TheMightyImp2
  • Like 1

On 19/11/2020 at 5:18 PM, danceswithsloths said:

We already have one incredibly long topic discussing this, do we really need another one?

Yes, because how else would we see this totally unique and important hot take among all those other hundreds of less worthy posters, how else will this hot take get likes buried in all that? This person is super important!

xD

Here’s the deal. What people do with their time and money on their own, I couldn’t care less. 

A few easy (EZPZ) games is fine. We all need a breather every now and then. However, some of the posters on this website have around 90 - 95 percent Ratalaika Games/Mayo like games on their lists, which sort of tells me they’re not playing games necessarily to have fun as much as they are trying to gain quick trophies, which for them is fun. 

But whenever I mention this people act all offended at me like I just went over to their Twitter account and sent them a bunch of bullshit. This is what divides this already small and niche community, as someone already mentioned. 

This whole thread is nonsense really. Anything that had leaderboards, an achievement tracker and some sort of ranking system have always attracted the elitists. Saying that certain games aren’t worth it while other games are worth the time and money when some people automatically turn away from them due to their difficulty. 

On 12/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, Undead Wolf said:

It's funny because the only "yummy tears" I'm seeing are from the OP and others like them who can't handle a bit of mockery for the terrible games they play. :giggle:

People can play whatever games they like, but we're on a site that's based around trophies and actively encourages its users to view other people's profiles (most forum members put their trophy card in the signature ffs), so of course you're going to get judged by what you decide to play and platinum. You can't expect people to *only* give positive opinions on someone's profile. That's not how the world works. If you can't handle the negative opinions, you could always just make your trophies private. I mean why would it matter if you only care about your own trophies and the "fun" you have earning them, right? ;)

Most trophy profiles I see are straight up garbage. The same 10 - 20 games plastered on their lists, low completion rate, generally a bunch of Ratalaika/Mayo like games while the games that take actual effort are barely played at all.

These trophy profiles are ones I consider to be actually good:

www.psnprofiles.com/VlETNAM-

www.psnprofiles.com/TheYuriG

www.psnprofiles.com/greenzsaber

People can say my list has too many easy games, I have too many stacks, etc etc. Still more than I can say for some peoples profiles, my rankings on the leaderboards would be a lot higher if people laid off the shitty easy games they play. And yes, I am judging what others are deciding to play and platinum. Can't handle it, well they can just make their trophies private.

• Like 3