Ascended Tower of Trials walkthrough

mvpeast

3 minutes ago, MagusCreed said:

You must be an incredibly patient gamer.  I've read nothing but horrible flaws, bugs, bad endgame combat, and little variety among the Valorplates (just build crit because YOLO) to name a few.

Congrats all the same!

Thanks. I had to finish it coz it's for my 700th platinum.. I can finally be free of it for now. The combat is not bad in Godfall but it gets very repetitive. The game needs more contents and bug fixes. I encountered many bugs throughout the ascended tower climb. Sometimes enemies don't appear after finishing a wave, game stutters and crashes, etc. When you exit out of the game, you have to restart the whole climb from scratch.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Thanks. I had to finish it coz it's for my 700th platinum.. I can finally be free of it for now. The combat is not bad in Godfall but it gets very repetitive. The game needs more contents and bug fixes. I encountered many bugs throughout the ascended tower climb. Sometimes enemies don't appear after finishing a wave, game stutters and crashes, etc. When you exit out of the game, you have to restart the whole climb from scratch.

would you recommend to players doing the Tower of Trials to find co-op partners to alleviate the change of failure on higher floors? Or is co-op too unstable right now? I have friends who want to co-op on a lot of this game and it feels like that would be a good idea for the endgame stuff.

1 minute ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

would you recommend to players doing the Tower of Trials to find co-op partners to alleviate the change of failure on higher floors? Or is co-op too unstable right now? I have friends who want to co-op on a lot of this game and it feels like that would be a good idea for the endgame stuff.

I did it solo. Multiplayer is very wonky at the moment.. I also don't know anybody that plays the game so I had to do it alone.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alm1ghty_e33y said:

for the tower of trials trophy can it also be done with coop? and if so would it be little easier to get the trophy on coop?

You can do it co-op by inviting friends to your game but there's no matchmaking. I finished the whole thing solo so I'm not sure if it's easier or harder. In higher waves, monsters can kill you in few hits so it's very important to watch out at all times.

9 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

You can do it co-op by inviting friends to your game but there's no matchmaking. I finished the whole thing solo so I'm not sure if it's easier or harder. In higher waves, monsters can kill you in few hits so it's very important to watch out at all times.

understood, thanks for the reply??

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I never make a guide before so idk how to do it :(

I don't have the time to actively work on a guide with you, but I've written two guides before and I'd be happy to proofread or offer any suggestions or edits if you do decide to go for it! It seems intimidating at first, but if you get another player to give you some help, it isn't nearly as scary :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mvpeast said:

If anyone’s interested.. I can make a guide on how to obtain all the trophies. It’s finally done.

Congratulations, having spent a lot of time with the game I know how hard completing that tower is!! (The big question I have is what build did you go for?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I never make a guide before so idk how to do it :(

You make an introduction, explain every single trophy and how to do it. You write in a proper manner and don’t use any “I did this, I did that”, write as if you’re writing facts. Full confidence. After writing the guide, you should keep it up to date in case other methods are found, of course the community *should* help with this and notify you.

Here’s more info: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/1-psnprofiles-writing-a-guide

When you wrote your guide and you’re certain its done, the guide team will check the guide and look for errors, they will leave a comment on your unpublished guide, you will then have to fix the mistakes, it will be checked again, if its approved you can publish it.

If you have guide questions: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MagusCreed said:

You must be an incredibly patient gamer.  I've read nothing but horrible flaws, bugs, bad endgame combat, and little variety among the Valorplates (just build crit because YOLO) to name a few.

Congrats all the same!

The main issue to me is that the combat doesn't flow very well. Unless I'm missing something you can't chain normal attacks into the weapon techniques which gives combat kind of a stop and go feel which isn't present in better games. I might go back and try to finish up later after it's patched but it's going on the shelf for now. 

• Like 2

Just now, mvpeast said:

It has to be done in the ascended tower of trials. I just made a guide for Godfall but I need staff to approve it.

thank you, do u happen to have any tips? im currently trying to do this with a friend and would love to get the plat for my first ps5 plat but we die before we even get to the 10th floor.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, illumiMatty said:

thank you, do u happen to have any tips? im currently trying to do this with a friend and would love to get the plat for my first ps5 plat but we die before we even get to the 10th floor.

You can check out my reddit post for some tips. Good luck.

Edited by mvpeast

10 hours ago, mvpeast said:

If anyone’s interested, I can make a guide on how to obtain all the trophies. It’s finally done.

Edit: The guide is completed and it's awaiting for approval from staff.

Awesome man =D.  Can't wait to use it when I finally start playing the game.  I can't wait personally regardless of what the reviews say.  Going to do Sackboy, Bugsnax and Demons Souls first though...

I have AC: Valhalla, Cold War and Godfall to attend to after those 3 with Cyberpunk and Immortals on the horizon.

• Like 1