Ascended Tower of Trials walkthrough

mvpeast

12 hours ago, shadowTECnology said:

Awesome man =D.  Can't wait to use it when I finally start playing the game.  I can't wait personally regardless of what the reviews say.  Going to do Sackboy, Bugsnax and Demons Souls first though...

I have AC: Valhalla, Cold War and Godfall to attend to after those 3 with Cyberpunk and Immortals on the horizon.

The guide is available on Reddit now. Cheers :)

I think by hearing about how hard this platinum is kinda make me wanna get the game. I'm tired of easy platinums, I feel like every trophy list should have a beat the game on hardest difficulty setting trophy. Maybe it's just me, but I love me some challenges. The thing that worries me are the bugs I hear about and the repetition,  so I'll wait a little while before getting it,  but then again I don't even have a ps5 yet lol

On 11/21/2020 at 0:13 AM, BrasilKilla said:

I think by hearing about how hard this platinum is kinda make me wanna get the game. I'm tired of easy platinums, I feel like every trophy list should have a beat the game on hardest difficulty setting trophy. Maybe it's just me, but I love me some challenges. The thing that worries me are the bugs I hear about and the repetition,  so I'll wait a little while before getting it,  but then again I don't even have a ps5 yet lol

I've been playing the game completely blind and just finished the tower trophy last night and now just need 2 grind trophies to get my plat. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about the difficulty. The ascended tower is really not all that challenging once you have an understanding of all the combat mechanics and how to handle each specific enemy. You can't fight any of the main story bosses in the tower which are the only really challenging enemies in the game. Or well if they can show up I've literally never seen one after clearing around 200 floors total across multiple runs.

Honestly I'd give the plat like a 4/10. It's not brain dead easy, but you're not really going to get stuck for long periods of time trying to do stuff. I finished the tower on my 4th try and one of those "failures" is because the game is fairly buggy and I knocked an enemy through the floor and had no way to kill him so I just had to restart the whole run. Thankfully it happened on like floor 4 so I didn't lose much progress.

Also the game offers easy/normal/hard modes for each mission you do separate from the ever increasing difficulty of the game (you fight harder versions of enemies after finishing the story) and I am pretty sure you can just do everything on easy if you want. I played on hard the whole time cause it was just the most fun and it says enemies drop more loot, but you don't have to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

I've been playing the game completely blind and just finished the tower trophy last night and now just need 2 grind trophies to get my plat. I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about the difficulty. The ascended tower is really not all that challenging once you have an understanding of all the combat mechanics and how to handle each specific enemy. You can't fight any of the main story bosses in the tower which are the only really challenging enemies in the game. Or well if they can show up I've literally never seen one after clearing around 200 floors total across multiple runs.

Honestly I'd give the plat like a 4/10. It's not brain dead easy, but you're not really going to get stuck for long periods of time trying to do stuff. I finished the tower on my 4th try and one of those "failures" is because the game is fairly buggy and I knocked an enemy through the floor and had no way to kill him so I just had to restart the whole run. Thankfully it happened on like floor 4 so I didn't lose much progress.

Also the game offers easy/normal/hard modes for each mission you do separate from the ever increasing difficulty of the game (you fight harder versions of enemies after finishing the story) and I am pretty sure you can just do everything on easy if you want. I played on hard the whole time cause it was just the most fun and it says enemies drop more loot, but you don't have to.

Nothing's truly difficult in this game if you are fully maxed out. This guide is for people that may need some help if they are stuck. The tower is more of an endurance battle than anything else. It takes roughly 3 hours to reach to floor 50 from scratch. Also, I have written down the exactly same thing about how to deal with certain enemies bcz they can kill you easily. I almost died once during my play through. The game may get glitched out too bcz sometimes enemies just don't spawn at all.

For me personally, the satisfaction of beating Godfall is to obtain the platinum as quickly as possible and move on. It took me longer than expected (almost a week) so I think this game actually takes some efforts to complete. Loots are all random and it takes some knowledge to piece the gears together. I wouldn't underestimate the monsters in Godfall because they are pretty strong in my opinion especially when they pile up on you in group.

Only few bosses show up in the trials because the game is basically in Beta right now. I think I may try it again if the developers actually improve the game.

Edited by mvpeast

5 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Nothing's truly difficult in this game if you are fully maxed out. This guide is for people that may need some help if they are stuck.

I wasn't maxed out all, which is kinda my point. I was playing blind with no eye to whatever the meta was. I know people love the time bubble hammer (which is getting nerfed in the new patch so RIP) though in all honesty I didn't really use it all that much. Most of my gear, including both weapons, was only upgraded to level 2 or 3 since I didn't really want to grind orbs for higher levels. I also was not very well itemized with only 19% crit and less than 200% weakpoint and critical damage. Just used what I had. As a result the run actually did take me much longer then 3 hours (I think it took me about 5) but since the only way to fail is to die 3 times (on hard - not sure how it works on other difficulties) yeah it really is an endurance battle. But I didn't really find it to be that challenging, hence why I'd say it's more like a 4/10.

I mainly just wanted to offer another opinion since so few people have finished the tower currently. I don't want to get people's hopes up too much if they're looking for a good challenging plat to go after.

12 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

I wasn't maxed out all, which is kinda my point. I was playing blind with no eye to whatever the meta was. I know people love the time bubble hammer (which is getting nerfed in the new patch so RIP) though in all honesty I didn't really use it all that much. Most of my gear, including both weapons, was only upgraded to level 2 or 3 since I didn't really want to grind orbs for higher levels. I also was not very well itemized with only 19% crit and less than 200% weakpoint and critical damage. Just used what I had. As a result the run actually did take me much longer then 3 hours (I think it took me about 5) but since the only way to fail is to die 3 times (on hard - not sure how it works on other difficulties) yeah it really is an endurance battle. But I didn't really find it to be that challenging, hence why I'd say it's more like a 4/10.

I mainly just wanted to offer another opinion since so few people have finished the tower currently. I don't want to get people's hopes up too much if they're looking for a good challenging plat to go after.

Hammer is getting nerf?Where it was mentioned by Gearbox?

EDIT: Ok found it on redit.

Edited by yoszek

12 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

If the game is easy for you doesn’t mean it’s easy for everyone. That’s just my opinion. I find the game pretty difficult but I rushed through it anyway. It’s of coz not as hard as games like meatboy.

10 minutes ago, yoszek said:

Hammer is getting nerf?Where it was mentioned by Gearbox?

EDIT: Ok found it on redit.

It’s good that they are nerfing the hammer. I think the developers are trying to make the game as challenging as possible.

• The Darkstar Crusher (Legendary Hammer) primary trait has been adjusted: It will no longer affect Bosses (this includes Midbosses). Duration is now set to 15 seconds (previously 20s). The Time Bubble will slow enemies by 50% (previously 70%). Trait text will match the effect (previously, displayed 30% even though it was slowing by 70%).

Edited by mvpeast

Well,just got through the tower on hard when i changed to tanky-health regen build. Through floors 1-38 i have not seen my hp bar drop even a little. And i do not even have half of gear maxed yet,or augs with it. Took me longer,about 5-6 hours if i remember,but it is very safe build to play and if ppl struggle with AT and get annoyed being killed by clunky combat mechanics,this is the way to counter it.
It is also possible to do all Exalted Bosses without a problem on hard with it. I use longsword and even when i got bad rolls on Macros Exalted (+50% crit res and +50% long sword res) i still was able to kill him.

I plan to max out all upgrades after my plat,having fun just watching how impossible tanky you can make your char.

Anyway i really do hope this game wont die. Its not a good game but i damn like it somehow so much:)

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, yoszek said:

Well,just got through the tower on hard when i changed to tanky-health regen build. Through floors 1-38 i have not seen my hp bar drop even a little. And i do not even have half of gear maxed yet,or augs with it. Took me longer,about 5-6 hours if i remember,but it is very safe build to play and if ppl struggle with AT and get annoyed being killed by clunky combat mechanics,this is the way to counter it.
It is also possible to do all Exalted Bosses without a problem on hard with it. I use longsword and even when i got bad rolls on Macros Exalted (+50% crit res and +50% long sword res) i still was able to kill him.

I plan to max out all upgrades after my plat,having fun just watching how impossible tanky you can make your char.

Anyway i really do hope this game wont die. Its not a good game but i damn like it somehow so much:)

While tank build is nice but you will be spending a lot of time in the trials and most people won’t be doing that. I feel so tired even after 2-3 hours of grinding coz it gets boring and makes me falling asleep.

I feel like I must be missing something with some of these enemies in the tower. Up to level 10 is normally alright, but above a few of the enemies just start chunking over half health with bullshit. 

Bonecrusher: I've gotten a wave where it spawns like 7 Elites of these in a row, with the end of it having 3 out on the field at once. I absolutely don't understand how you can deal with that aside from just somehow managing to Archon Fury through them all at once. If you use any weapon skills they'll just instagrab you right when you stop swinging and the grab attack will do 3/4 of my health and leave me stunned, where I then just get kicked from behind because the grab throws you to the side. With that many out they also just constantly chase around so can barely get anywhere. 

Black Tide Brute: Same issue as the Bonecrusher, except they have way more health and have stupid tracking attacks. The fact you constantly get this guy and the Enforcer + other enemies is awful. 

Nyak Pulverizer: The damn lighting puddles feel like they do way too much damage and stay way too long. Accidentally step in one for a second and instantly have shock, which takes off over half my health if not outright killing me because of how much damage the debuff does. 

I like the Dreamstone missions and those feel relatively balanced still all the way up to Exalted Macros, but the way the tower scales just makes it horribly unfun to play and it takes way too long for shit rewards compared to just running the dreamstones IMO.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gage said:

I feel like I must be missing something with some of these enemies in the tower. Up to level 10 is normally alright, but above a few of the enemies just start chunking over half health with bullshit. 

Bonecrusher: I've gotten a wave where it spawns like 7 Elites of these in a row, with the end of it having 3 out on the field at once. I absolutely don't understand how you can deal with that aside from just somehow managing to Archon Fury through them all at once. If you use any weapon skills they'll just instagrab you right when you stop swinging and the grab attack will do 3/4 of my health and leave me stunned, where I then just get kicked from behind because the grab throws you to the side. With that many out they also just constantly chase around so can barely get anywhere. 

Black Tide Brute: Same issue as the Bonecrusher, except they have way more health and have stupid tracking attacks. The fact you constantly get this guy and the Enforcer + other enemies is awful. 

Nyak Pulverizer: The damn lighting puddles feel like they do way too much damage and stay way too long. Accidentally step in one for a second and instantly have shock, which takes off over half my health if not outright killing me because of how much damage the debuff does. 

I like the Dreamstone missions and those feel relatively balanced still all the way up to Exalted Macros, but the way the tower scales just makes it horribly unfun to play and it takes way too long for shit rewards compared to just running the dreamstones IMO.  

I would say look at some of the build videos on the internet. I used an build that was based on building overhealth, I had 3 or 4 augments that gave overhealth with critical hits, defeating an enemy etc. I also made sure I had as much air and physical resistance as I could to help limit the amount of damage taken. I used the valouplate that gave 5% damage reduction (I forget the name). I would also say try and make sure all your gear and augments is maxed (as most then give an additional attribute).

If you use the longsword you also get some invincibility frames with the northern technique, so you can use it and then retreat and if you also focus your build on weapon technique charge you can then use it again quickly.

Everything I wrote hear I got from YouTube videos so if you check out some of the build videos you might get some ideas that suit your playstyle.

20 hours ago, mvpeast said:

While tank build is nice but you will be spending a lot of time in the trials and most people won’t be doing that. I feel so tired even after 2-3 hours of grinding coz it gets boring and makes me falling asleep.

Yeah i know what you mean,but that is exactly why i said tanky build is good for it. Sure,it will take longer to do,but risk of death is very low. And when you play dmg focused build you are able to die in 1-2 cheaps shots by some Nyak mobs or Abyss Brutes. So in overall you will be doing it quicker as chance of having to repeat whole thing over again becouse some cheap death on late floors can be infuriating.

That approach is just safer. If parry in this game would actually parry enemies and not stagger both of you...if you could actually have some small invisible frames when dashing away....if you could input queue your commands like in almost every other game of that type instead of waiting for the exact moment when animation ends to have to push parry button...if sooo many enemies were not able to stunlock,stagger and just push you back and lock i 3 second getting up animation...if....well you know what i mean.

Then i would recommend glass canon build for efficiency:)

AT is designed just to challenge player atm. It is absolutely not worth for loot,even on hard. Just repeat Exalted Earth Realm Gauntlet for it on hard,over and over again. Kill 3 bosses,quit,rinse and repeat. A well known method by now and easy to do,until they patch it or something.

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, yoszek said:

Yeah i know what you mean,but that is exactly why i said tanky build is good for it. Sure,it will take longer to do,but risk of death is very low. And when you play dmg focused build you are able to die in 1-2 cheaps shots by some Nyak mobs or Abyss Brutes. So in overall you will be doing it quicker as chance of having to repeat whole thing over again becouse some cheap death on late floors can be infuriating.

That approach is just safer. If parry in this game would actually parry enemies and not stagger both of you...if you could actually have some small invisible frames when dashing away....if you could input queue your commands like in almost every other game of that type instead of waiting for the exact moment when animation ends to have to push parry button...if sooo many enemies were not able to stunlock,stagger and just push you back and lock i 3 second getting up animation...if....well you know what i mean.

Then i would recommend glass canon build for efficiency:)

AT is designed just to challenge player atm. It is absolutely not worth for loot,even on hard. Just repeat Exalted Earth Realm Gauntlet for it on hard,over and over again. Kill 3 bosses,quit,rinse and repeat. A well known method by now and easy to do,until they patch it or something.

My approach is kinda different coz I just want to get it over with. You have 3 lives and a legendary necklace gives you another extra chance. I didn't die once in the trial but I nearly died. My guide has the gauntlet farming trick as well.

Edited by mvpeast

I got that item which gives the death protection ability last night and just got it leveled before I went to bed, so maybe I'll have better luck now overall. I'm basically fully set up for crit build, so trying to redo health build grind and then spending 5 - 6 hours sitting through the tower doesn't sound super appealing to me lol. 

That length too is part of why the tower is so stupid. All the waves take forever even when set up around doing glass cannon, and if you were trying to grind this for the unique weapons you need to spend an hour getting to the point you can even potentially get them. If the tower had floor checkpoints it might be less egregious. Let us start from like every 10th floor once you reach them for more keys, just you don't get boons or keys from working up from ground. Would at least then maybe feel slightly more useful for a way to get loot, instead of just slamming your face into a wall just because. 

• 3 weeks later...

This was the build I used.

Well a rough version of it, RNG on drops had me tweaking a few Augments and half the gear. But the gist of it is tanky over health stacking. Managed to do 50 on my first try. Took me 4 hours though. Feel like the tower is far more a battle of mental and finger attrition then it is hard. Did mine on Normal as I didn’t know what to expect, wish I had done it on hard.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:01 PM, BrasilKilla said:

Can this be done on easy difficulty? This is brutal

Can do it on any difficulty.

• 2 weeks later...

See this image: https://ibb.co/SDTk0f5

Got FREEZE SCREEN for all players! 

Just needed to kill one enemy to reach floor 50th and then get the fucking plat trophy. This is the worst PS5 game ever! Super glitched, we lost one friend during the playthrough, its completely suck. 

Counterplay Games and Gearbox Software should solve that problem fast, because this is blocking our platinum trophy, because we got this error 2 times. 

Edited by biganhaofficial

11 hours ago, biganhaofficial said:

See this image: https://ibb.co/SDTk0f5

Got FREEZE SCREEN for all players! 

Just needed to kill one enemy to reach floor 50th and then get the fucking plat trophy. This is the worst PS5 game ever! Super glitched, we lost one friend during the playthrough, its completely suck. 

Counterplay Games and Gearbox Software should solve that problem fast, because this is blocking our platinum trophy, because we got this error 2 times. 

Made it yesterday with a friend in coop first try. But I can confirm, the performance is so so bad. We had a glitch where the whole screen stayed yellow after using archon fury. It was so annoying. And the further we cam the more lags we had. We were so afraid that the session iterrupts. By Wave 44 we just went in, killed them ASAP, left the loot and everything and we finally got the trophy by starting trial 50. This performance is a shame. 

Glad we had such an amazing built that we never needed to heal, even use one of our lives. Hope you gonna get your trophy soon. 

Edited by DavySuicide

On 04/01/2021 at 10:25 AM, DavySuicide said:

Made it yesterday with a friend in coop first try. But I can confirm, the performance is so so bad. We had a glitch where the whole screen stayed yellow after using archon fury. It was so annoying. And the further we cam the more lags we had. We were so afraid that the session iterrupts. By Wave 44 we just went in, killed them ASAP, left the loot and everything and we finally got the trophy by starting trial 50. This performance is a shame. 

Glad we had such an amazing built that we never needed to heal, even use one of our lives. Hope you gonna get your trophy soon. 

Same here! Yesterday, my brother kyoyceberg did it alone.... Today, we'll try to beat it via coop for me, because this game is super glitched

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2020 at 4:42 AM, yoszek said:

can you please share more info on this build? is there a video or something?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Adam said:

can you please share more info on this build? is there a video or something?

Thanks

Although not what you asked for, this is the build that I used to solo the tower . Unfortunately it does require the use of Surety and Lions Charm (both took almost a week and a half to drop for me) but this build is mainly built for survivability. The blinding ability of the "man catcher" plus the near ability to pop archons fury on almost every floor is what was able to carry me. I never lost a life from 1-50.

Also as others have said before game performance has been spotty. There were two instances i had to restart at floor 24 due to no enemies spawning and later on another run at floor 25 because the Vargul champion miniboss decided that he didn't want the "R3" prompt to show up even though his heath was fully depleted...good times.