Time Trials and Rapid Responses are hard IMO

1 hour ago, Trophies_All_Day said:

I love the game but damn a lot of the Time Trials and Rapid Responses are hard as hell. Many times it'll feel like I have perfect runs and yet I still miss the time required for gold by just a few seconds. Rapid Responses are even worse because if you tap a car or wall it'll add seconds to your time automatically making it impossible to beat the required time for gold. Luckily, the rest of the modes are much easier IMO. This is definitely a game where its best to just play through all events get whatever medal you can then after replay the ones you didn't get gold and keep trying. Good luck to anyone trying to platinum this!

This game wasn't that difficult, I done most of them the first try although there was a couple that i had to retry. Keep at it you'll get there eventually.

• Like 1

Give yourself some time. Honestly as soon as you are comfortable with this game's driving it's easy to get gold, even if some events were close calls for me. Make sure to be gentle with your stick (as soon as you move too quickly it's pretty hard to keep control and speed), and to do perfect drifts in corners that inquire to slow down (single tap on your brake and it will slide beautifully). In corners you can pass without drifting don't drift or you will lose much time. Also, using your nitro on the exit of a corner gives you great acceleration to get back at a good speed.

I had some problems at the beginning but as soon as I did what I mentioned here I got gold medals on first try most of the time (unless stupid cars from traffic appeared at the exact wrong spot so I couldnt avoid them).

Also rapid responses give you some margin (much more than time trials). Avoid narrow shortcuts and go easy on hard corners to avoid getting penalties, you may gain more time that way

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bosstristan said:

I remember one Rapid Response from the DLC being absolutely insane. Made me make a break from the game for a year.

I remember having trouble with some of the base game races (racing games are not my forte) but its do-able with practice. DLC was a jump in difficulty though so be prepared for that if your thinking about doing it.

1 hour ago, goroh16 said:

I mean I can't tell which event is base or DLC. My guess is the hardest ones are DLC.

Yeah could have been clearer. 

On 19/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, Trophies_All_Day said:

I love the game but damn a lot of the Time Trials and Rapid Responses are hard as hell. Many times it'll feel like I have perfect runs and yet I still miss the time required for gold by just a few seconds. Rapid Responses are even worse because if you tap a car or wall it'll add seconds to your time automatically making it impossible to beat the required time for gold. Luckily, the rest of the modes are much easier IMO. This is definitely a game where its best to just play through all events get whatever medal you can then after replay the ones you didn't get gold and keep trying. Good luck to anyone trying to platinum this!

Yeah i strongly recommend just playing through and getting a medal, since some events require better cars.

On 21/11/2020 at 7:25 PM, bosstristan said:

I remember one Rapid Response from the DLC being absolutely insane. Made me make a break from the game for a year.

Contact Sport? That was my most frustrating event to gold

shakie19.png

12 hours ago, shakie19 said:

Yeah could have been clearer. 

Yeah i strongly recommend just playing through and getting a medal, since some events require better cars.

Contact Sport? That was my most frustrating event to gold

shakie19.png

I don't remember, it was a Rapid Response set in the forest with a Hypercar.

• Like 2

Anyone else have problems with the game crashing after restarting a lot? Since Time Trial and Rapid Response makes me restart so much I have seen the game often crash after I restart. I have the digital version of the game.

Edited by goroh16

i was proud of myself when i got the ps3 platinum lol, i remember there were many sleepless nights of trying time trials :p i shouldn't be skilled in racing...

On 11/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, goroh16 said:

It is hard especially if you have never played the original. The traffic can be cheap sometimes.

This can be absolutely true at times as well. I've had some runs where traffic was side by side on these tight bends and I was smashing into walls trying to avoid them. After a restart, traffic could be very sparse and suddenly it's an easy gold.

I'll also say that with these you're better off slowing a bit to ensure you avoid hitting a barrier/traffic.  I always try to keep some nitros in the bank for those situations, to help me get back up to speed after something like that.  The others already recommended some other good tips with drifts and boosting out of corners.

I'll also say on some of the really long sweeping corners, you're often better off wiggling the analog stick back and forth to keep the drift going. Sometimes if you keep it stationary too long, the wheels catch grip again and will stop the drift before you're around the corner.  Also make sure you only drift when you need to, on some of those corners it's faster just taking a good line than drifting.

I think I got most on my first or second try, but Duty Calls in the Gumpert kicked my butt haha. My times were super consistent, only problem was it was about 0.5-1.5s over the gold time. I think that one took me over a dozen times, but eventually got that clean run I was looking for and beat it by several seconds.

Edited by Boxster17
typo and some more tips

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 8:35 PM, black__bunny said:

I remember having trouble with some of the base game races (racing games are not my forte) but its do-able with practice. DLC was a jump in difficulty though so be prepared for that if your thinking about doing it.

Pretty sure I skipped trying to get Gold on all DLC events ten years ago with the original PS3 version b/c of said difficulty. I'm going to give it a try this go around, since everything's available all at once so I won't have to worry about rust, but we'll see. I really just want the Platinum. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/25/2020 at 4:09 PM, bosstristan said:

I don't remember, it was a Rapid Response set in the forest with a Hypercar.

i tried about a million times to get that on ps3 and never could. the forrest is to narrow with to much traffic. your always bound to hit something. it really urks me they made that a part of the main game instead of keeping it separate 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

i tried about a million times to get that on ps3 and never could. the forrest is to narrow with to much traffic. your always bound to hit something. it really urks me they made that a part of the main game instead of keeping it separate 

It is crazy how much rarer the PS3 plat is compared the PS4 plats, despite the PS4 being much harder

• Like 1

I think the PS4 is less rare because a large amount of people has the PS3 version and 29000 of them don't have the platinum trophy on the old one. Which makes the PS3 platinum trophy very rare. The remastered has way less people and also good players that played the original will easily finish the remastered. That's just my guess on the percentage.

Edited by goroh16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bosstristan said:

Why is the PS4 version harder ?

The requirements are the same aren't they?

No, the DLC events have now been wrapped into the main game. The DLC events on the PS3 version were separate, and were definitely harder than the base game events. While difficulty is subjective, the PS3 plat guide rated it at a 4/10, and the DLC a 7/10. Mostly because some of the DLC rapid response are really quite hard.

So if that rating is correct, the PS4 plat is now a 7/10, as you need to complete all DLC events in order to earn the trophies for all gold and all distinctions.

The 100% completion difficulty should be the same for either version - only 1.2% of people got 100% on the PS3 version, compared to 15% on PS4 (I did 100% the PS3 list, and have just the online to boost to finish the PS4 EU version). Either way, it's crazy how common the PS4 plat is. The game just isn't that easy, notwithstanding the fact that I'm 10 years older than when I did it before.

8 minutes ago, goroh16 said:

I think the PS4 is less rare because a large amount of people has the PS3 version and 29000 of them don't have the platinum trophy on the old one. Which makes the PS3 platinum trophy very rare. The remastered has way less people and also good players that played the original will easily finish the remastered. That's just my guess on the percentage.

Yeah, it's just crazy how much difference there is. I do think there are more hardcore gamers now that finish games than there were back on the PS3. This is a great example. A lot of noise is made around games now being so much easier, and yes I won't debate the weekly Rat games and other EZPZs, but the PS3 version stands at a very rare plat at 6% - it is certainly conceivable that it could go UR when MP shuts down (which it will eventually). It is NOT that hard a plat, but gamers on the PS3 were much more likely to casually pick up a game and not finish it.

I still maintain that at 25%, the PS4 version is deceptive as an uncommon plat. It isn't as hard as the PS3 plat suggests, but certainly not as easy as the PS4 one suggests either.

In fact, even if you remove the DLC events being part of the main plat, I found it very difficult graphically to do the PS4 version. It seems faster, darker, with a lot more glare. Tweaking the video settings actually helped quite a bit - I downgraded them so it probably looked more like the PS3 version and I really do think it was easier. Probably aging vision catching up with me.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

No, the DLC events have now been wrapped into the main game. The DLC events on the PS3 version were separate, and were definitely harder than the base game events. While difficulty is subjective, the PS3 plat guide rated it at a 4/10, and the DLC a 7/10. Mostly because some of the DLC rapid response are really quite hard.

So if that rating is correct, the PS4 plat is now a 7/10, as you need to complete all DLC events in order to earn the trophies for all gold and all distinctions.

The 100% completion difficulty should be the same for either version - only 1.2% of people got 100% on the PS3 version, compared to 15% on PS4 (I did 100% the PS3 list, and have just the online to boost to finish the PS4 EU version). Either way, it's crazy how common the PS4 plat is. The game just isn't that easy, notwithstanding the fact that I'm 10 years older than when I did it before.

Yeah, it's just crazy how much difference there is. I do think there are more hardcore gamers now that finish games than there were back on the PS3. This is a great example. A lot of noise is made around games now being so much easier, and yes I won't debate the weekly Rat games and other EZPZs, but the PS3 version stands at a very rare plat at 6% - it is certainly conceivable that it could go UR when MP shuts down (which it will eventually). It is NOT that hard a plat, but gamers on the PS3 were much more likely to casually pick up a game and not finish it.

I still maintain that at 25%, the PS4 version is deceptive as an uncommon plat. It isn't as hard as the PS3 plat suggests, but certainly not as easy as the PS4 one suggests either.

In fact, even if you remove the DLC events being part of the main plat, I found it very difficult graphically to do the PS4 version. It seems faster, darker, with a lot more glare. Tweaking the video settings actually helped quite a bit - I downgraded them so it probably looked more like the PS3 version and I really do think it was easier. Probably aging vision catching up with me.

Oh alright I get it! Yea it's funny PS4 games have a higher percentage rate than PS3 titles. I think people got way more into trophy hunting with the PS4.

13 hours ago, goroh16 said:

spot on. i had alot of friends who played the ps3 version for fun not for the platinum. less trophy hunters. 

also the ps3 dlc packs are even harder because of the graphics being bad. 

and the map i was bitching about above, i finished it just now! i couldnt believe it. finishing that map actually gives me a glimpse of hope that i can finish everything else. i immediately hopped on the ps3 to see if i could finish that same map but my ps4 controller wouldnt work and my analogs on my ps3 just werent having it. plus the forrest on a 80 inch tv was just one big blur almost. impossible to see the road at the beginning